Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet talenet Charming Gaze 3

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2013
Okay so i have seen multiple people with it but there is zero info on it. anyone have any info on this trait

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
RedDragon877 on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Okay so i have seen multiple people with it but there is zero info on it. anyone have any info on this trait
Hello there RedDragon877 and welcome to the Message Boards. That's a very good question and hopefully I can help a wee bit.

Charming Gaze 3 simply comes from having both talents, Charming Gaze 1 and Charming Gaze 2 show up on the same pet. Gaze 1 is +1 Rank, Gaze 2 is +2 Ranks, so if both show up during training and leveling, then your pet will get +3 Ranks of it, or Rank 3. The 2 separate ranks of Charming Gaze 'stack' and create Gaze 3, just as our pirates talents stack to eventually get a talent of Rank 3 of 3.

I have Gaze 3 on numerous pets and I think that Charming Gaze 3 means that your pet has a 35+% chance (per attempt) of Charming possibly multiple enemies that attack that pet, I believe up to 3 times (different enemies) per round-- whereas Gaze 2 has a fixed 35% chance per attempt. Maybe Ratbeard or Decius could verify or correct this. It may or may not have another hidden 'bonus' or attribute that comes with it-- over and above Gaze 2..not quite sure on that though. It's a wonderful talent to possess, but Gaze 2 is pretty powerful in it's own right. I actually prefer Gaze 2 on most of my pets, thus freeing up a talent spot for another Grant or useful talent, Gaze 2 more often than not gets the job done and causes plenty of issues for the enemy. But I will say that Gaze 3 sure does seem to regularly take advantage of the 35+%, and can be more reliable.

There are other pet traits/talents in which the ranks can be stacked to achieve Rank 3, like Scent and Sneaky Sneaky and many of the other Rank 1 + Rank 2 talents. The key is actually having both Ranks (the 1 & 2 varieties) of the talent manifest on the same pet. So Charming Gaze 3, by itself, is currently not a single 1st generation trait, it must come from the other two versions combined-- on a pet that is....at least I believe so.

Hope this helps and again welcome to the boards!

Ensign
May 11, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Hello there RedDragon877 and welcome to the Message Boards. That's a very good question and hopefully I can help a wee bit.

Charming Gaze 3 simply comes from having both talents, Charming Gaze 1 and Charming Gaze 2 show up on the same pet. Gaze 1 is +1 Rank, Gaze 2 is +2 Ranks, so if both show up during training and leveling, then your pet will get +3 Ranks of it, or Rank 3. The 2 separate ranks of Charming Gaze 'stack' and create Gaze 3, just as our pirates talents stack to eventually get a talent of Rank 3 of 3.

I have Gaze 3 on numerous pets and I think that Charming Gaze 3 means that your pet has a 35+% chance (per attempt) of Charming possibly multiple enemies that attack that pet, I believe up to 3 times (different enemies) per round-- whereas Gaze 2 has a fixed 35% chance per attempt. Maybe Ratbeard or Decius could verify or correct this. It may or may not have another hidden 'bonus' or attribute that comes with it-- over and above Gaze 2..not quite sure on that though. It's a wonderful talent to possess, but Gaze 2 is pretty powerful in it's own right. I actually prefer Gaze 2 on most of my pets, thus freeing up a talent spot for another Grant or useful talent, Gaze 2 more often than not gets the job done and causes plenty of issues for the enemy. But I will say that Gaze 3 sure does seem to regularly take advantage of the 35+%, and can be more reliable.

There are other pet traits/talents in which the ranks can be stacked to achieve Rank 3, like Scent and Sneaky Sneaky and many of the other Rank 1 + Rank 2 talents. The key is actually having both Ranks (the 1 & 2 varieties) of the talent manifest on the same pet. So Charming Gaze 3, by itself, is currently not a single 1st generation trait, it must come from the other two versions combined-- on a pet that is....at least I believe so.

Hope this helps and again welcome to the boards!
Very much so thanks a bundle

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
RedDragon877 on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Very much so thanks a bundle
You're quite welcome-- happy to help! Hope you enjoy your time here on the boards.