Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship cabins

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
I absolutely LOVE the idea of a ship cabin! Thanks to KI for adding that for us.

Super quick question:
If I decorate a cabin on an old ship, will it be the same decorated cabin if I change to a new ship?

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
yes, the ship cabins are not ship based but characters have the same cabin for every ship. I'm not sure how it works with equipable cabins though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Striving Pilgrim on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I absolutely LOVE the idea of a ship cabin! Thanks to KI for adding that for us.

Super quick question:
If I decorate a cabin on an old ship, will it be the same decorated cabin if I change to a new ship?
Yes, the cabin and its furnishing are transfered to any ship you have equiped

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
cat25529 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
yes, the ship cabins are not ship based but characters have the same cabin for every ship. I'm not sure how it works with equipable cabins though.
Oh yep, it works with equipable cabins, I have the Crown Shop one.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
Thanks guys! That is awesome to hear! I think I'm going to buy the one from the crown shop....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A bit off topic, but has anyone managed to buy the one from the Black Market yet?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
What I love about ship cabins is the bank. Now I no longer have to teleport back to Skull Island to stash stuff, or retrieve my staff.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
What I love about ship cabins is the bank. Now I no longer have to teleport back to Skull Island to stash stuff, or retrieve my staff.
I quite like that as well -- particularly if I'm just off-loading pets really quickly so I can do the Tower or when I go farming bosses. It frees up the backpack space and I can keep the pets I was doing something with away from the mixed horde o' pet rejects (sorry, resting pets). At some point I'm going to have to take down the Christmas decorations, though.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
To go to where you can get at your bank, equip a house, mark your location (to easily return there) and hit the Go Home Button. That will take you to your equipped home and you can access your Bank, Shared Bank and anything stored inside or outside your equipped home.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
To go to where you can get at your bank, equip a house, mark your location (to easily return there) and hit the Go Home Button. That will take you to your equipped home and you can access your Bank, Shared Bank and anything stored inside or outside your equipped home.
Only problem with doing that is it makes the marker useless for anything else, like, oh...

...setting up a spot in Sujimura village away from the Valley of the Titans so if you end up by the life fountain there, you can get out easily rather than run the gauntlet of imps?

...setting up a spot by the Tower of Mu Manchu to return there easily for farming purposes?

There are others, I'm sure.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Even without a house equipped it will take you to your bunkhouse. That's not the point. The point is now I don't need to leave the area I'm at in the first place, just drop stuff in the cabin before I sail off to the next place (or disembark if I'm where I was headed).

If you've not dropped an X somewhere already, porting home will automatically drop an X for you.