Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

a li'l love for the cutthroat bundle.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
So, it is well known that the centaur archer, Nausica, is generally considered the best companion in the game. one can get Nausica from the empire bundle, for just under 40$. However, there is ANOTHER bundle available from pirate101: the Cutthroat bundle.

The Cutthroat bundle is also 39$, and comes with many similar things to the empire bundle: a ship, a house, some crowns/one month of membership, a new set of gear, and a companion: (random name) cutthroat shark.

now, by no means at all is that shark a BAD companion... but compared to Nausica, he doesn't have a whole lot. my question is this: Why doesn't the shark have abilities comparable to Nausicaa? and my suggestion is this: buff or empower the shark with abilities that make a more worthwhile companion to purchase.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I dont really know what kind of powers could be given to the cutthroat shark... maybe some kind of close range aoe like goronado? I mean, there has got to be something for him so he's not just a below average buccaneer companion?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I completely agree with you, he does need to be buffed up a bit. It would be cool if he got a good power. Here are an Idea:

Maybe some sort of Feeding Frenzy, but as a power, where if he beats an enemy using this power, he is completely healed up.

Maybe he could get Walk in Darkness or Hurl Blades.

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
I totally agree with you and I'm just waiting around for the staff to give him a well deserved promotion. I bought him for my witchdoctor just because I wanted her to have a cool looking shark companion. However, his weaker power left me feel disappointed as his lack of awesomeness. If we can promote him to be like Marcus in looks, but attack similar to Finn I think that'd be cool. Oh but also maybe give him a stat boost power, and then let us turn him lose to ram his way through stuff.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Captain Rosethorn on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree with you and I'm just waiting around for the staff to give him a well deserved promotion. I bought him for my witchdoctor just because I wanted her to have a cool looking shark companion. However, his weaker power left me feel disappointed as his lack of awesomeness. If we can promote him to be like Marcus in looks, but attack similar to Finn I think that'd be cool. Oh but also maybe give him a stat boost power, and then let us turn him lose to ram his way through stuff.
He gets two promotions. ._.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
He's not bad... but Dan, Hoodoo Cornelius and Nausica are stronger.

In most cases, I would agree Nausica is the strongest of the lot (but has a bit of a glass jaw). However, Hoodoo Cornelius with a privateer is the scary one.

The outfit from the Cuthroat bundle is probably my least favorite as well. Looks good, but generally at any given level I have found better stuff to wear.

Nice ship, though.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
sarcastiel on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Really? Last I looked him up on a site that had companions listed there was nothing listed for him. So I just assumed that he didn't get anything. They just must not have updated his page even though they updated others. Sorry for the mistake there.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
sarcastiel on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
i believe he meant a promotion as in improve his combat-related capabilities . . . NOT as in paying gold to get him a new skill/power. unless i am mistaken, Nausicaa has 3 promotions, and 4 unique and incredible powers.
the cutthroat is, well, just one of FAR too many buccaneer companion clones. nothing special statistically, no unique powers, none of that. just another dude chilling in the back of my roster, while nausicaa, who is equally as expensive, soaks up the limelight.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
AHA! i've thought of something that might fit in for the shark, and not be game-breaking. i think that once the companion hits red health, he should go into 'feeding frenzy', which would basically be reckless frenzy, except the auto self damage would be debuffed or maybe even removed. (naturally, once an attack missed it would end)

now, I understand that KI has hands so full ATM even atlas' arms would fall off. this thread is real just to put the idea out there ad get the feelings of the community. thanks to everyone who reads!

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
Just for the record, I completely agree with you, Blixet. There should definitely be some attention shown to the cutthroat bundle most notably the shark companion. I have him, and while he's average, he's definitely.... average....

Not worth the $40 bucks. If you wanna spend it, buy some crowns or get Handsome Dan, Hoodoo Cornelius or Nausica.

Too bad. I look forward to seeing some update to him in the future!

Cautious Daniel Clegg

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I have him on my privateer and i completely agree he needs something to get people to use him if he shows up in combat great he looks cool but nothing else.