Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Brianna Donnely is NOT having a great day!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The last few days I have been running one of my privateers, Brianna Donnely. I loaded her up this morning to play a bit while sipping my pre-work mug of tea. She jumped on her ship and was heading toward Gold Creek when the game crashed - a graphic client error I have occasionally with the game that requires me to reboot. Sadly, when I loaded her up again three of her crew were lying insensible in their bunks, she was hugging her last hit point as she shivered by the Bison Village Life fountain, and her lovely ship, the Glorious Firebrand, was no longer quite so glorious although it certainly had the "firebrand" part down pat, thank you very much. (Apparently, although she was safely in the stream when I crashed, she didn't stay there when I was no longer keeping a firm eye on her).

After work I loaded young Brianna up again and she went to beat up the Wasp Queen. She was triumphant, with no losses! Huzzah! However, after the fight the moment she popped open the last treasure chest she was immediately sucked straight back into combat with the Queen and her minions again.Yikes! So brave Brianna and her valiant crew thrashed the Queen (and minions) a second time. Huzzah! And the same thing happened again: she opened the last chest and immediately found herself in melee with the Queen and more minions. Or maybe they were the same minions, who knows. At any rate - talk about a sore loser. Since this Bug clearly had my name on it (well, Brianna's at any rate) she fled.

So, in probably about half an hour of gameplay between this morning and evening, she has been sunk, taken out of action, and forced to flee another fight and none of it is her fault (that's her story, and she's sticking to it). I have reported the Wasp bug, which none of my other pirates have ever encountered.

-Indigo

P.S. Tuesday she beat up Santa Rana and acquired his hat, the cool one with the Overwatch ability. It doesn't work. She is beginning to feel unloved.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
The last few days I have been running one of my privateers, Brianna Donnely. I loaded her up this morning to play a bit while sipping my pre-work mug of tea. She jumped on her ship and was heading toward Gold Creek when the game crashed - a graphic client error I have occasionally with the game that requires me to reboot. Sadly, when I loaded her up again three of her crew were lying insensible in their bunks, she was hugging her last hit point as she shivered by the Bison Village Life fountain, and her lovely ship, the Glorious Firebrand, was no longer quite so glorious although it certainly had the "firebrand" part down pat, thank you very much. (Apparently, although she was safely in the stream when I crashed, she didn't stay there when I was no longer keeping a firm eye on her).

After work I loaded young Brianna up again and she went to beat up the Wasp Queen. She was triumphant, with no losses! Huzzah! However, after the fight the moment she popped open the last treasure chest she was immediately sucked straight back into combat with the Queen and her minions again.Yikes! So brave Brianna and her valiant crew thrashed the Queen (and minions) a second time. Huzzah! And the same thing happened again: she opened the last chest and immediately found herself in melee with the Queen and more minions. Or maybe they were the same minions, who knows. At any rate - talk about a sore loser. Since this Bug clearly had my name on it (well, Brianna's at any rate) she fled.

So, in probably about half an hour of gameplay between this morning and evening, she has been sunk, taken out of action, and forced to flee another fight and none of it is her fault (that's her story, and she's sticking to it). I have reported the Wasp bug, which none of my other pirates have ever encountered.

-Indigo

P.S. Tuesday she beat up Santa Rana and acquired his hat, the cool one with the Overwatch ability. It doesn't work. She is beginning to feel unloved.
*Chrissy Hugs to Brianna* & Yum cake for the recuperating crew.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
*Chrissy Hugs to Brianna* & Yum cake for the recuperating crew.
Where do you carry that Yum Cake?

I carry mine in my pockets,but it's surprisingly uneffective.

*gives Brianna a plate full if yum squish,because the cake was squished*

Anyways,I hope she has recovered.Need any service from this Spellbinder here,eh?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, Chrissy.

At the moment, she is 6-0 vs the bumbaloons. So today is a better day.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Wow talk about bug attacks,in the creek a very rear glitch indeed was discovered.Don't worry KI will deal with this bug.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012

-Indigo

As I understand it, the Santa Rana Hat works only with Shooty weapons and, maybe, Shooty combo weapons (ie Shooty-Stabby; Shooty-Slashy, etc.).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, everyone - she appreciates the sympathy! . She is not my primary at the moment, but after that day things did run better for her.

Helpful Pirate, I did post (in more detail) about the hat issue on the Bilge Pump board. She was using a shooty/slashy weapon. Ratbeard pretty quickly posted that shooty/slashy weapons have a range of one, and therefor will never trigger with Overwatch. I had not realized that the shooty/slashy weapon had a normal range of one as when she attacks with it, she is pretty much always using one of her powers (she is a privateer with a second school in musketry) and thus is making ranged attacks.

-Indigo

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013

-Indigo

Congrats on your double victory! Lol