Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deacon.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Hey guys, I was just on my privateer doing cool ranch for the 4th time, and deacon comes up in my mind, even though i'm only on the mine for silver quest.

How hard was he for you? For me me and my friend easily duo-ed it and won. I haven't tried soloing it before though :P

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I did it three times, each with different outcomes.

First try: Won

Second try: Won

Third try: Lost

Deacon is crazy powerful with all his troops and spikes, etc... THEY NEVER STOP!!!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
DEACON DOESN'T STOP!!!

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
Does deacon drop his gun? I know that most armada elites drop their gear but I have not gotten far enough to farm deacon yet.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, I was just on my privateer doing cool ranch for the 4th time, and deacon comes up in my mind, even though i'm only on the mine for silver quest.

How hard was he for you? For me me and my friend easily duo-ed it and won. I haven't tried soloing it before though :P
When I did deacon, he was a little more than expected, but I did beat him...just don't underestimate his minions!

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 45

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Esperanza first time through, an ignominious defeat ( four times! ) But since she's my main pirate she gets to fight all the new fights first, so her learning curve is a bit steep.
Silver Isis ( oh the woes of a WD going against musketeers! ) one defeat, one win.
Black Morgan Moone ( my ) sailed right through!
as did Marian KIdd , Darcy Abbott , and Bold Bess Nightingale .

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013

On my privy it was hard and needed a friend to help same with my witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I have to say Deacon is not one of the Elites you want to mess around with as he can be a little rough, soloing him is quite hard with all classes but I found it awfully quite easy on my Witch considering the shadow step power, I don't recall my four other characters going through such an easy fight. I do think though it would be a great idea for him to drop his mask or hat or gun or whatever, if not maybe the Armada could be secretly planning to repair Rooke and Deacon you never know.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
try using the cannons and use powerful musketeer companions. the cannon traps kill any enemies that walk on them and the musketeer companions inflict damage without walking on the traps by shooting from a distance.it also reduces the chances of getting hit by deacon.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
cat25529 on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
Does deacon drop his gun? I know that most armada elites drop their gear but I have not gotten far enough to farm deacon yet.
Unfortunately, no. Deacon does not drop his gun, however, he does drop a few armada items like the armada captain's halberd, and the armada lieutenant's intonor.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dibmier on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
try using the cannons and use powerful musketeer companions. the cannon traps kill any enemies that walk on them and the musketeer companions inflict damage without walking on the traps by shooting from a distance.it also reduces the chances of getting hit by deacon.
Hi Dibmier, welcome to the message boards.
Great tips there. I can tell you have given ole Deacon a proper thrashing a time or two.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's what keep me going in Cool Ranch defeat deacon. Hopefully he drops his gun someday, any musketeer pirate would want that gun. Sadly no players i saw so far in pirates have this elusive weapon.

Here are my character(s) outcome,

Nicole- Defeated twice,but defeated him at the third round. It was the per update, back then he was a lot harder.That was intense and daunting duel, could not use the cannon back then. Did it solo for my first and main character.

Jessica-Won easily first time,with the help of the cannon also did it solo. It's either luck or just too sneaky for that clockwork to see her.

Amber, Brittany, Isabel and Rodrigo have yet to confront deacon.

So far it's only twice i face the spy master of armada, none is happier than my Buccaneer.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
It was quite easy for me, I just kept having all of my companions hit the cannon that heads for Deacon's area and then raided them. By the way - breaking those barrels (not the rice ones) release skeletal warriors.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
cat25529 on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
Sadly, he does not drop any rare gear -- YET.
- Jack

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

Well my first experience with deacon was kind of easy i used to buy crowns and hire henchman yes i know it was a bad habit but i broke out of it anyway anyway so i kind of sort of ish soloed it

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Am i the only one that thought deacon was way to easy He didn't even really put up a fight, he just stood behind an army of clockworks and shot me a few times when i got close. Then he died in just a few hits, I must say, i expected more from Deacon. -Wolf

Ensign
May 31, 2011
what level do you fight him at i know its after you get el toro so what is it and is it before or after you defeat blood by the way i'm a

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013

I was stumped the first time I fought him. I had watched a few other people fight Deacon includiing KV, and I had browsed the message boards but I still wasn't ready. Watching and reading did not help me enough to create a strategy, and I ended up getting my butt handed to me on a silver platter. Like, four times. I tried to keep Bonnie alive as long as possible one time and ended up just going back and forth the rest of the battle. I decided to take a break from Pirate for the night [because all of my good companions were dead and I didn't have the money to level up my mediocre ones] and thought the next day I would be better. I thought all I needed was a little break.
And I was right.
The next day I defeated him my first try because that's just how my luck is; get defeated a bunch of times, take a break, absolutely wreck face.
Currently I'm working on other pirates, like my Buccaneer Corrupt Rachel Bellamy (who is breezing right through the beginning of Cool Ranch and is like Level 23 or 24) and my Musketeer Trustworthy Malcolm Barclay (who just finished Valencia and is trying to find Merriweather Clark now). As I type this my new Privateer Cruel Savannah is about to fight Haku. Once all three of them get to Deacon I'll check back to say how miserably I failed.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel Level 65 Clocwork Bully (not as in I'm a clockwork who bullies people but like I'm hurting clockworks so they're like "waaah you're a bully" and I'm all "You're trying to take over the Spiral Kane so shut up and eat your vegetables" and he's like "Aww okay..")

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I found this fight ridiculously easy. I was on my witchdoctor, who was a tad overleveled, and use Bonnie Anne, Old Scratch, and Kan Po. I just had Bonnie and Scratch target the armada over the wall and never used the cannons. Half the armada couldn't attack me because they could not pass the wall and I took them all out easily.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
theyswashman3333 on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
what level do you fight him at i know its after you get el toro so what is it and is it before or after you defeat blood by the way i'm a
Hi Swashman, welcome to the message boards.
You will fight Deacon after you get El Toro and it is the next big area after Captain Blood. You will need to fight some ghost ships first and then you go after Deacon. Have fun.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Update:

YARR! My Buccaneer just beat Deacon and Blood first try! WOO!

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013

I soloed it

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
He was very easy on my buckler since some other people were there. It was decently difficult on buccaneer since I soloed it.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
For my Swashbuckler, it was until a friend came to help me I won.

For my Musketeer, I won easily with a friend.

For my Buccaneer, it was very easy doing it solo.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011