Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reckless Frenzy Health Remove

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
I'm not a buccaneer, but I saw some buccaneers do Reckless Frenzy, and I noticed those people lose health each time they hit enemies. When that happens, I wonder why you are damaged each time you hit an enemy using Reckless Frenzy. So, can someone tell me why that happens?

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
I know i don't know the exact answer, but i'd like to take a guess!
So my guess is that since the concept behind the power is "just keep swinging until you miss", if your accuracy levels are high, then that'd be pretty overpowered to just keep hitting enemies without getting hit yourself? Also, buccaneers have a lot of health, so it doesn't draw us back that far
-Quincy

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Practical Gorman W... on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm not a buccaneer, but I saw some buccaneers do Reckless Frenzy, and I noticed those people lose health each time they hit enemies. When that happens, I wonder why you are damaged each time you hit an enemy using Reckless Frenzy. So, can someone tell me why that happens?
When you do Reckless Frenzy,5% of your health gets taken away for a chance to continue hitting on and on and on and on...

THat's the price paid for being Reckless...I think...you accidently hurt yourself!

And if your accuracy is strong enough,you may even end up killing yourself...and everyone around you!

This of course can be avoided with Valor's Shield/Fortress/Armor etc.

This also replies to ''Go Bananas'' which is the exact same thing except it draws completely on WILL rather than STRENGTH and is owned by only one melee witchdoctor companion:Hoodoo Cornelius.

Developer
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As the attack is 'reckless' I assume that the buccaneer is not taking any defensive actions, and may actually be accidentally hitting themselves with their weapon. ( this is easier to do than many think, a good example is the over-swing with a pair of nun-chucks! )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Buccaneers are berserkers; warriors who fight in a frenzied rage without regard for the safety of themselves and to the decimation of the enemy. Keep them away from the diseased mushrooms......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Also, when I compare Reckless Frenzy to Relentless, I thought that Reckless Frenzy is Relentless that goes to random enemies each time, right? Follow Through does the same effect of Reckless Frenzy, but it depends on the rank, correct? So, I would say I like Follow Through better, because it attacks different enemies, and you don't lose health. I found a shorter, but weaker version of Reckless Frenzy. Dance/Gambit of Steel attacks enemies in a square, instead of going on each enemy one by one. I sort of like Dance/Gambit of Steel better, because when you attack buccaneers with it, they can't trigger Vengeance Strike, right? And you can get hurt more from using Reckless Frenzy because when using it on buccaneers, they can hit you back with vengeance strike. It can be worse if the enemies have Vengeance Strike Rank 2/3.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, when I compare Reckless Frenzy to Relentless, I thought that Reckless Frenzy is Relentless that goes to random enemies each time, right? Follow Through does the same effect of Reckless Frenzy, but it depends on the rank, correct? So, I would say I like Follow Through better, because it attacks different enemies, and you don't lose health. I found a shorter, but weaker version of Reckless Frenzy. Dance/Gambit of Steel attacks enemies in a square, instead of going on each enemy one by one. I sort of like Dance/Gambit of Steel better, because when you attack buccaneers with it, they can't trigger Vengeance Strike, right? And you can get hurt more from using Reckless Frenzy because when using it on buccaneers, they can hit you back with vengeance strike. It can be worse if the enemies have Vengeance Strike Rank 2/3.
That's why my buccaneer targets witchdoctors and musketeers with reckless frenzy ( low armor, dodge, and no response to attacks ). Add into that mix Follow Through, Blade Storm and a few Relentlesses, and you have the 'perfect storm' against these types of enemies.
Just be sure to use Leviathan and Kraken or even a Fort before using it!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
As the attack is 'reckless' I assume that the buccaneer is not taking any defensive actions, and may actually be accidentally hitting themselves with their weapon. ( this is easier to do than many think, a good example is the over-swing with a pair of nun-chucks! )
I've hit myself with nunchaku before. It hurt. A lot.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
Yikes!(not much I can say there...)

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
So you did Reckless Frenzy with a very dangerous Japanese Karate weapon? Well, I cannot say more. Using katanas, which are hand crafted metal swords, would be much more dangerous...