Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dismissing your Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
Hello! I am a tad bit OCD about side quests. I get really aggravated if I come back to an area I've already finished, and I see a bright, yellow exclamation point over an NPC's head. Therefore I always complete every quest in that area before moving onto the next world and such. Some of these quests - quite a few of them, actually - offer a new companion as a reward. If I got nit-picky, half of these companions wouldn't even be on my crew.

You're basically forced to accept them, even if they'll just add an extra burden and take up space in your Companions tab - all it says when you get it is Yar! and no Nar!

So what my idea is is an extra feature to dismiss them from your crew. Say if you click on a companion you absolutely detest. There will be a red button to the right of the Train button, in their stats window. It will say Dismiss? and if you click it, maybe purposely or by accident, the game will make a confirmation checkbox pop up just to make sure you want to dismiss this companion.

If you click Nar! the companion will stay on your crew. If you click Yar! then the companion will say something melancholy, like It was an honor to be on your crew, Cap'n, or something like that. Then you will no longer have that companion.

That was a detailed tutorial, feel free to re-read it if it got too confusing. Basically the gist of it is the feature to get rid of extra, unnecessary companions.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
*mouth drops in utter surprise* Wh-What? Even with the new updates, you still wish to get rid of companions!? Why? With the new updates, you can put your best companions first and leave the weak ones in back! You can use your bad ones to get pet stuff, gear, gold, and other things!! Please, rethink your idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CyanGirl on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Hello! I am a tad bit OCD about side quests. I get really aggravated if I come back to an area I've already finished, and I see a bright, yellow exclamation point over an NPC's head. Therefore I always complete every quest in that area before moving onto the next world and such. Some of these quests - quite a few of them, actually - offer a new companion as a reward. If I got nit-picky, half of these companions wouldn't even be on my crew.

You're basically forced to accept them, even if they'll just add an extra burden and take up space in your Companions tab - all it says when you get it is Yar! and no Nar!

So what my idea is is an extra feature to dismiss them from your crew. Say if you click on a companion you absolutely detest. There will be a red button to the right of the Train button, in their stats window. It will say Dismiss? and if you click it, maybe purposely or by accident, the game will make a confirmation checkbox pop up just to make sure you want to dismiss this companion.

If you click Nar! the companion will stay on your crew. If you click Yar! then the companion will say something melancholy, like It was an honor to be on your crew, Cap'n, or something like that. Then you will no longer have that companion.

That was a detailed tutorial, feel free to re-read it if it got too confusing. Basically the gist of it is the feature to get rid of extra, unnecessary companions.
Interesting idea but since your companions can now be busy getting you either gold, pet stuff, gear and xp there is really no such thing as an unnecessary companion. In my humble opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CyanGirl on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:

I really hate to disagree with this post, because if you had asked me in January if I could dismiss any of my crew, would I? Oh, yes, I would get rid of Nurse Quinn so fast her head would spin!
But now with companion management, no crew member is un-necessary. If you don't like them, set them a task, and leave them there, toiling away ( maybe they'll get fed up and abandon ship)!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I don't know really...

My Bison Archer has really improved at sailing.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
sorry but i don't like this idea i like to keep all my companions i bought / earned...the reason for allot of companions is for if you need extra backup...