Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship combat idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 30, 2009
I'm wondering if any thought has possibly been given to having talents that can be learned by companions that could buff your ship in combat. Maybe have a slot for specific positions on the boat where you can stick a companion as another optional use for them. Have them manning sails to give a dodge or move speed bonus, cannons for more accuracy or damage, that sort of thing. Could also have talents be learned that would make the bonus even a little better.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Or if you defeat a ship you have a chance of winning it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Or if you defeat a ship you have a chance of winning it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I like this idea, except when we defeat a ship; it blows up and sinks!

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Yeah i was thinking about ships a lot lately two. One idea i had was what if we could use our ships in a player vs. player battle. It seems fun to me.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Or we can have a nautical teacher that teaches us ship talents, who could be found on random docks throughout the game.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Xinthus on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
I'm wondering if any thought has possibly been given to having talents that can be learned by companions that could buff your ship in combat. Maybe have a slot for specific positions on the boat where you can stick a companion as another optional use for them. Have them manning sails to give a dodge or move speed bonus, cannons for more accuracy or damage, that sort of thing. Could also have talents be learned that would make the bonus even a little better.
That's an interesting idea. What sorts of talents do you think would work here?