Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Couple Game Questions

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
If a hidden swashbuckler (Swashy X) tries to hit another swashbuckler, (Swashy Y) would Swashy Y's First Strike 3 activate, hence activating Swashy X's First Strike 3, hence making Swashy X unhidden? (assuming that it hits)

Does Gambit of Steel apply for this?

Is there any conceivable way to get through Khotan without losing most/all of your companions?

Why does Bonnie Anne no longer double tap when destroying barrels and the like? They are entities, just as mobs are...right?

If I hit once and relentless once on a mob, then they block my next relentless, could I theoretically relentless again because the blocked relentless came from the initial hit, not the first relentless? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
If a hidden swashbuckler (Swashy X) tries to hit another swashbuckler, (Swashy Y) would Swashy Y's First Strike 3 activate, hence activating Swashy X's First Strike 3, hence making Swashy X unhidden? (assuming that it hits)

Does Gambit of Steel apply for this?

Is there any conceivable way to get through Khotan without losing most/all of your companions?

Why does Bonnie Anne no longer double tap when destroying barrels and the like? They are entities, just as mobs are...right?

If I hit once and relentless once on a mob, then they block my next relentless, could I theoretically relentless again because the blocked relentless came from the initial hit, not the first relentless? Does that make sense?

Thanks!
1. If 'hidden' a swashbuckler's attack upon another swashbuckler will not trigger a first strike. This also applies to Gambit of Steel.

2. Train your companions to the best of your abilities, buy or set companions to Keelhaulin' for training tomes.

3. That was removed from the game, since it was a glitch.

4. No, because a block or dodge on a relentless stops that action ( this also applies to Reckless Frenzy ).

I apologize if others have already answered these questions.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ill answer these as best as I can (using your same logic and symbols)

gambit of steel does an area of effect damage and triggers epics,
first strike applies as a response to an enemy attack on you, they don't stack off each other

X cannot specifically target Y, since the SB is hidden and therefore un targetable, however if X hits the adjacent enemy (while still hitting Y with the aoe) the first strike will NOT trigger because X is hidden himself, so the Y buckler cannot activate first strike because it is an invalid target, X's damage will count and reveal him while Y is still hidden

so if you used gambit of steel (while your hidden)

2: if you have friends on, (preferably maxes) have them help you out, otherwise have all your companions/yourself focus down each target one at a time, (aka gang up on them)

3: she never did? sorry to say but I never encountered this... (double tap applies when you defeat an ENEMY, sorry to say barrels are not a pirates enemy, unless ratbeard makes them an enemy )

4: only one epic type (relentless, follow through, etc, except bladestorm under certain circumstances) can apply for one single attack, only 1 relentless talent can occur, (as far as I know) on the same target after 1 single attack, since you missed (blocked) the relentless attack, another could not trigger because you didn't land another successful hit

hope this information helps

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Any destruction of obstacles no longer triggers any special attacks like Double Tap or Blade Storm because the obstacles are not enemies. This change was made a while back.

In Khotan or any where else, if you are losing too many Companions, I suggest going back and doing some (if not most) of the side quests to level up. I try to keep my top 6 Companions within 4 levels of me. That way when I level up, my Companions (the top 6) can also level up.

As I understand it, once a Relentless is blocked that ends that Relentless sequence. Now, if you had Second Chance Talent, that could theoretically start a new Relentless sequence if it hit after the block..

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Thanks for the answers, guys! (And girls, for that matter)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Also, Logan, did I forget to mention that Swashy Y was unhidden? Sorry if I did, what I meant was that X was hidden and Y was not. Additionally, if Rank 3 First Strike can't see hidden, why is it any better than First Strike 2?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
AlphaWolf02 on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Also, Logan, did I forget to mention that Swashy Y was unhidden? Sorry if I did, what I meant was that X was hidden and Y was not. Additionally, if Rank 3 First Strike can't see hidden, why is it any better than First Strike 2?
doesn't matter if Y was hidden or not, the gambit of steel would still hit (you can target Y directly now)

first strike 2: strike first before your attackers, 3 times (usually less damage than your normal/basic attacks)
first strike 3: same thing, but your first strikes deal an additional 25% damage

hidden makes you un targetable by any direct action. (hold the line: halt an enemy who moves into your area)
if X walked into an area where hold the line would trigger, it would fail because X is hidden and cannot be the target of the epic, this is the same for first strike, Y would attempt to use first strike on X, but the attack fails because the first strike target, X, is hidden and cannot be targeted by the epic talent

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
First Strike 3 is better than First Strike 2 because, as Logan noted, it provides +25% damage.

One other benefit to note is that First Strike 3 will trigger against any incoming sneak attacks (as well as normal attacks), whereas rank 2 will not. For example First Strike, rank 3 will trigger against epic talent attacks such as Blade Storm 3, Flanking- ranks 1,2 & 3 and Vengeance Strike 3. All of these epic talent attacks grant a bonus 'sneak attack' and at ranks 3 of both Blade Storm and Vengeance Strike, the 'bonus attack' is considered a sneak attack which First Strike 2 won't trigger against, yet First Strike 3 will. First Strike 2 will trigger against the rank 1 & 2 versions of BS and VS and all other standard attacks and epic talent attacks that aren't considered sneak attacks.