Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

weapon power...do weapons keep their attack types?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
hello everyone

I was just wondering about this for a while now (and finally decided to post it I guess)
but before the whole update with the weapon power showing 1 stat instead of the range, some of those weapons were physical and magical damage

example:
axe of the minotaur lords: physical damage
blades of shade: magical damage

do the weapons keep their types as shown above? or they specified into one class now (I am guessing all physical?)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
If you hit them with a rock, or something like it, it's physical. If you hit them with flaming pixie dust, it's magical. Get it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Logan Sharp on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
hello everyone

I was just wondering about this for a while now (and finally decided to post it I guess)
but before the whole update with the weapon power showing 1 stat instead of the range, some of those weapons were physical and magical damage

example:
axe of the minotaur lords: physical damage
blades of shade: magical damage

do the weapons keep their types as shown above? or they specified into one class now (I am guessing all physical?)
Is it just me or did an Olivia Newton John song just start playing in your heads too?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
Is it just me or did an Olivia Newton John song just start playing in your heads too?
"Let me hear your weapon talk....wea-, wea-, wea-, weapon talk!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
"Let me hear your weapon talk....wea-, wea-, wea-, weapon talk!"
OK...............Now I am seriously laughing. *Pushes ice coffee well away from computer*

Bosun
May 10, 2010
I bet some of the young posters had to look up that song or even who Olivia Newton John is... Rofl

Heck, even some of the ones that think they are an older poster had to, since a lot of posters are under 30.

As for magical damage or physical damage, RatBeard would have to answer that, as I don't believe there is any way to tell for sure.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Darth JT on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
I bet some of the young posters had to look up that song or even who Olivia Newton John is... Rofl

Heck, even some of the ones that think they are an older poster had to, since a lot of posters are under 30.

As for magical damage or physical damage, RatBeard would have to answer that, as I don't believe there is any way to tell for sure.
Well Darth, I myself am just a wrinkle or two over 30, but way, way, waaaaay under 330.

Chrissy, your post did make me want to watch Grease for some strange reason.....wait, what! Did I write that out loud? .....shame on me! (and yes, for the love of all things Physical-- watch that ice coffee)

Hey, just thought of something....Newton's Law of Physic-al!