Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you expect for the Second Anniversary?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, Pirate101 turns 2 years old on October 15th, which is less than 3 weeks away.

What do you expect KI to do for the anniversary, and what do you HOPE they will do?

Personally, I HOPE they will release the next world, so my level 65 pirates can get off their duff from Plunderin' and Scavengin' for my other pirate and actually DO something.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That would be a grrr-ate idea, a new world released on the game's correction 3rd anniversary. This would be the best brith-o-ween anniversary,yet. A brand new world released and a celebration on the same time, this could a once in a life time event,that KI would have came up with, if this happens ( fingers crossed ). So ready to explore beyond Aquila, and sail on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
So, Pirate101 turns 2 years old on October 15th, which is less than 3 weeks away.

What do you expect KI to do for the anniversary, and what do you HOPE they will do?

Personally, I HOPE they will release the next world, so my level 65 pirates can get off their duff from Plunderin' and Scavengin' for my other pirate and actually DO something.
I expect we might receive a nice free gift ( please? ) or a few new Crown Shop pets/companions, or housing items.
I believe that it's too soon for the release of the new book, but we may get hints as to what's coming!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
That would be a grrr-ate idea, a new world released on the game's correction 3rd anniversary. This would be the best brith-o-ween anniversary,yet. A brand new world released and a celebration on the same time, this could a once in a life time event,that KI would have came up with, if this happens ( fingers crossed ). So ready to explore beyond Aquila, and sail on.
It will be the second anniversary....not the third. Pirate101 launched on October 8th, 2012.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
Correction: SECOND Anniversary.

A couple does not celebrate their first anniversary on their wedding day. They celebrate their first anniversary a year after their wedding day.

A child does not celebrate their first birthday on the day they were born, they celebrate it a year after they were born.

Pirate101 opened to the public on October 15, 2012. This will mark their second anniversary.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2014
I think a great new world would be grizzleheim because it was a world in W101 that many people favorited, plus they already have the grizzle packs so it would be like a hint

-Cloudy

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Max DeGroot on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:

Do something??
Kingsisle released about 2 major updates prior to the release of our awaited new world. I would enjoy those updates for right now to keep you occupied. Go enjoy morphing, PvP, Tower of Moo Manchu, side quests, etc. Or by all means go and make another pirate to sail the skyways. Making an additional pirate and working on him is fun! Take it from me, I have a maxed Buccaneer and Buccaneer. My Witchdoctor is almost maxed, and I am also working on my Musketeer. Its fun! try it if you haven't already.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
The thing I hope for is they give us another chance at the Haunted Galleon. Last time I only had enough to get one so I got one for the Swashbuckler That I was playing at the time.
Now my witchdoctor is turning green with envy every time he see swashy Jeff sailing by.
I would also like to see some skull masks for Halloween I think that would be cool.
As for the anniversary I expect they will decorate Skull Island and perhaps a gift for us. There might also be a new quest open to all that might give us a hint at the coming attractions.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
Do something??
Kingsisle released about 2 major updates prior to the release of our awaited new world. I would enjoy those updates for right now to keep you occupied. Go enjoy morphing, PvP, Tower of Moo Manchu, side quests, etc. Or by all means go and make another pirate to sail the skyways. Making an additional pirate and working on him is fun! Take it from me, I have a maxed Buccaneer and Buccaneer. My Witchdoctor is almost maxed, and I am also working on my Musketeer. Its fun! try it if you haven't already.
Morphing costs a LOT of gold, not only to morph in the first place, but to feed snack too (if you want power, that is).

PvP I gave up on shortly after it was released, since I invariably ended up on the losing end of a 3 to 1 fight with people who just wanted to win. It got depressing after a while.

The Tower of Moo Manchu takes two hours to complete. I do plan to do it, eventually, but doing it over and over and over...

I've got six pirates. Two are level 65 in Aquila, one is about to enter Marleybone, one is about to enter Mooshu, one is halfway through Cool Ranch, and the sixth has completed Skull Island, and going to Monquista. All my slots are full, I know the plot from beginning to end, so far, and I hope I'm not sitting here waiting another year for the next world. In six months, it will be two years since any new worlds were released, and I'm beginning to feel like many who have left the game because nothing new has come up.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Max DeGroot on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
Morphing costs a LOT of gold, not only to morph in the first place, but to feed snack too (if you want power, that is).

PvP I gave up on shortly after it was released, since I invariably ended up on the losing end of a 3 to 1 fight with people who just wanted to win. It got depressing after a while.

The Tower of Moo Manchu takes two hours to complete. I do plan to do it, eventually, but doing it over and over and over...

I've got six pirates. Two are level 65 in Aquila, one is about to enter Marleybone, one is about to enter Mooshu, one is halfway through Cool Ranch, and the sixth has completed Skull Island, and going to Monquista. All my slots are full, I know the plot from beginning to end, so far, and I hope I'm not sitting here waiting another year for the next world. In six months, it will be two years since any new worlds were released, and I'm beginning to feel like many who have left the game because nothing new has come up.
Getting morphing money isn't hard to get. Manchu's tower will give you A LOT of gold, you will likely be maxed when you finish. With maxed gold you will be able to morph a lot of pets with that kind of money. If you want extra money, sell all the gear that you don't want. Yes, the Tower of Moo Manchu takes a while to finish, however the results are defiantly worth it. Also, if people still like to farm Friar Sand, then he is a good boss to get a decent amount of gold, and quickly too. Either way, I prefer Manchu's tower because you'll never know what sweet gear you will find in those fights. And to top it of, you get a lot more gold. All that aside, all good things come for those who wait. You can't make new content just by snapping your fingers. If we need to wait for this long, then we are most likely going to get to do a lot when this update is finally released. In fact, we might even get more than one chapter in this update. The level cap could raise to a high number like 90 or something. Either way, I know the folks at Kingsisle are cooking up some juicy chapters for us to venture through. You just need to give them time. Like I said, all good things come for those who wait.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
I hope they can release all new class weapons and armor. And not to be greedy but maybe a few new pirate 101 themed pets.