Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The best battle pets?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I've been hinting at this for a while now, but apparently, I'm not hinting strong enough.

Which pets are best at helping in regular play battles? How do you obtain them? How is the best way to train them?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
The best pet is the one you like the most!
But with the way pets work, any pet can be the best pet if you work on morphing in any of powers or talents that you want.

There should be no single pet that is "the best"

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Soooo....

Are you saying that the egg you get from the morphing tent is guaranteed to have at least the powers of both of the "parents"?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Decius said it all.I like pets that can heal.And I love charming gaze.I like cats.So...

I'm gonna hatch for a Heck Cat,with a person who has a pet that has charming gaze,rally,and the owl that heals everyone(forgot what it's called).

And that is exactly what I did!Thanks Valkoor!Now all I have to do is level her up.

Now,Valkoor's Bullrog had just that.Charming Gaze,Rally and that Blue Owl thing.

My kitty,on the other hand,had Cornered rank 2,increased movement and ancestral shot.

Either of these may manifest.So far,all I have is repel boarders.And that's awesome.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
Decius said it all.I like pets that can heal.And I love charming gaze.I like cats.So...

I'm gonna hatch for a Heck Cat,with a person who has a pet that has charming gaze,rally,and the owl that heals everyone(forgot what it's called).

And that is exactly what I did!Thanks Valkoor!Now all I have to do is level her up.

Now,Valkoor's Bullrog had just that.Charming Gaze,Rally and that Blue Owl thing.

My kitty,on the other hand,had Cornered rank 2,increased movement and ancestral shot.

Either of these may manifest.So far,all I have is repel boarders.And that's awesome.
You are quite welcome Felix, you sure do have some fine felines in the works. Since we did a few morphs and you got all kitties back, you can also level them all and then morph 2 of them together that best expressed themselves at adult, to get more 'guaranteed kitties'. That way you should get a great chance of one of them expressing all or at least most of the talents you desire.....Gaze 3, Rally and Little Blue Owly Thingy.

That's what I have done with many of my pets. Get my pedigree as high on 2 of the same type desired pets (or 1 of each of a type of pet I really want) and then keep morphing them together on my own once they hit adult. That way I know I am getting both- a pet I really, really want and the powers/talents in the bloodline and pedigree for that particular pet. Then I work to train them all up and watch them all manifest different powers/grants/talents. They all turn out really great, but you always get that one that is thee ONE that you were hoping for. Takes some time and training, but it is so worth it to get a pet you love in combo with the traits you equally love.

Congrats again on all your amazing kitties! Now if that Crazy Kitty Lady/Fellow Badge will ever make it's way into the Spiral......along with a pawsome sweater for your pirate to equip! MEOOOW!