Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Baron Samedi's Standard from Hoodoo Bundle broke?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
It's hard to be sure, but is the Samedi standard working correctly? I have both the Beast standard from the Grizz pack, and this one, which is supposed to "bolster Undead". With the beast standard, the effects are clear and identifiable. Affected units have an aura around them visually, and a mouse-over shows the weapon power buff.

However, I can't get the undead banner to affect anything. I've made sure to summon the banner only after undead units are on the board, but nothing I've tried gets any effect. So far, things that should be getting an effect for being undead that I've tried (but aren't) are:

-Old Scratch
-Bosun Budd
-Skeleton Hoplites (from Stygian Chorus)
-Wraith (the same one from the banner itself)
-Bone Drake (from Witch Doctor Summon)

Can anyone comment on if they can currently get this standard to work on anything? If so, is there a particular method to using it, unlike the beast standard? If not, can someone take a look at this? I'd love to try an undead crew/summon build on a witch doctor, that seems implied by how this standard should work.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DocJG on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
It's hard to be sure, but is the Samedi standard working correctly? I have both the Beast standard from the Grizz pack, and this one, which is supposed to "bolster Undead". With the beast standard, the effects are clear and identifiable. Affected units have an aura around them visually, and a mouse-over shows the weapon power buff.

However, I can't get the undead banner to affect anything. I've made sure to summon the banner only after undead units are on the board, but nothing I've tried gets any effect. So far, things that should be getting an effect for being undead that I've tried (but aren't) are:

-Old Scratch
-Bosun Budd
-Skeleton Hoplites (from Stygian Chorus)
-Wraith (the same one from the banner itself)
-Bone Drake (from Witch Doctor Summon)

Can anyone comment on if they can currently get this standard to work on anything? If so, is there a particular method to using it, unlike the beast standard? If not, can someone take a look at this? I'd love to try an undead crew/summon build on a witch doctor, that seems implied by how this standard should work.
WIth the Undead standard, they have to be standing close to it in order for it to affect them. I don't remember if it is right next to it or 2 squares away. There should be an indicator on the card that will tell you.

Developer
The Beast Standard works on all pets and beasts (regardless of where they are on the board) but Baron Samedi's Standard requires each unit to stand next to it.

Let me know if that helps.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
The Beast Standard works on all pets and beasts (regardless of where they are on the board) but Baron Samedi's Standard requires each unit to stand next to it.

Let me know if that helps.
OH BTW Ratbeard,
Last time I used the standard someone had a Crokagator companion and it didn't boost it. Do non speaking companions that are beasts benefit from it?