Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some Hybrids

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Ever since the new update for advanced pets, me and my friend wanted to find most of the hybrids. After farming Friar Sand many times, and morphing to our hearts content.We wanted to share the hybrids with you. I know many of these you might know but this is for people who don't know them and might not be able to search the many hybrids up so they result to the forums. Sorry about the no screenshot's. I tried but it wouldn't work so take my word for it.
1. A well known hybrid, the blue ostrich. This is the ostrich and any pet combined. This will give the ostrich a blue tint color to its feathers. To make sure you don't think it is bugged, the pet is NOT called "Blue Ostrich" it is simply called "Ostrich."
2 The Emusaur is another well known hybrid, the parents are Orchid Chameleon (dropped from Fin Dorsal) and the Ostrich. Its a purple version of the ostrich and has a huge duck bill. I love its color and I recommend it for a low level hybrid. On another note, the Quackosaurus and the Fandango are both NOT hybrids. The Quackosaurus is from Fin as well and the Fandango is from the egg vendor is Bestia.
3. Tiger Shark and Grimtooth reaper. Tigershark: Sabertooth bunny (pet vendor) and the Thresher shark(Crown shop). Grimtooth Reaper: Not so great white shark (Tyler is marleybone and many more) and the ebon spectre (Friar Sand in mooshu and much more). They are both great and good jealously pets. The Grimtooth reaper has to be my favorite though, he looks like a death's pet shark to me. The tiger shark looks awesome too! Since he has the best whisker mustache of all time, better than the Mexicans!
4. Golden Sky Rattler. A bugged pet, this bugged pet is made with the golden sky rattler (game card) and the deathstalker scorpion (Tribal Pack) The pet looks like the vermillion dragon, celestial dragon or the corrupted dragon whatever one you know. Though it is shining, there are golden particle sparkles coming off it and it looks amazing! It might be money worth to get but it top shines out all the dragons.
5. The last hybrid me and my friend know is the frostbiter. It is the Ice Scarab (Zeena in Aquila and much more)
and the Hammerhead pet (crown shop) This pet is the hammerhead shark pet just with icy sparkles coming out, the pet has something around its neck. Since my computer doesn't have the best pixilation. I can't tell if its is a scarf of part of the shark's skin. The shark is a icy gray and I love it! I use him in hard battles but for a easy battle I stick with my tiger shark. In my opinion its worth the hard farming, and money spent crowns to get. You got to have luck to get the Ice Scarab, Zeena is a little challenging and has a lot of drops. So many its rare to get the pet.

Thank you so much for reading this, I know this is a lot of typing and reading and characters but I just wanted to help out some fellow pirates. For more details ask your friends, cause I am running out of characters!
-Olivia Freeman level 65, beat game

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
my friend and I decided to try for the thorny toad, we each have the orchid chameleon and the violet bubble fish. we have self hatched and tried hatching with each other, we have tried each animal In first position and second on the sigils, we make sure the pet is equipped and in the first slot, so far we have spent a lot of gold and time and NO toad, we have tired at least 8 times together and I have tried at least 10 times in self hatch and friend has tried maybe 15 times.NO toad yet and we are very discouraged,
This remind me of the early days in wizard hatching when we tried unsuccessfully for the level 48 hybrids,
Has ANYONE managed to hatch/morpg the thorny toad? or is this a hoax?
thanks
The BC Pirates

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witefeather on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
my friend and I decided to try for the thorny toad, we each have the orchid chameleon and the violet bubble fish. we have self hatched and tried hatching with each other, we have tried each animal In first position and second on the sigils, we make sure the pet is equipped and in the first slot, so far we have spent a lot of gold and time and NO toad, we have tired at least 8 times together and I have tried at least 10 times in self hatch and friend has tried maybe 15 times.NO toad yet and we are very discouraged,
This remind me of the early days in wizard hatching when we tried unsuccessfully for the level 48 hybrids,
Has ANYONE managed to hatch/morpg the thorny toad? or is this a hoax?
thanks
The BC Pirates
Hello there witefeather and welcome to the message boards.

Due to the randomness, and luck, involved in successfully morphing hybrids- it can be a little frustrating here and there. I tried 36 times on my own for the Clocktopus before I finally got it. Yet was very lucky in getting the Emusaur and Tiger Shark on the very 1st tries. You definitely have to be willing to call on patience-- just in case it is needed.

The Thorny Toad is a real hybrid....that I know 100%, without a doubt to be true. It took me about a dozen or so tries for it, all from self-hatching. So keep trying, you will get it eventually. I believe and it has been stated, that hatching with a partner will produce far better results in most cases. I have morphed (and this is not an exaggeration), probably a couple hundred times with other players, trying to help them get the pets they desire...and some for me too- but of course, I simply must! In the vast majority of the cases, when morphing with a friend, the new pet(s) and/or hybrid(s) have been successfully morphed within the first 5 tries. There's been a couple of stubborn critters but in my many morphing experiences it is much better to morph with a friend. But I have had some great success solo too, just depends on luck and "the roll" being in your favor.

So, bottom line is to just keep at it and you'll get those shy guys (and gals) to join your zoo at some point! Good luck to you on your morphing and pet collecting and again welcome to the message boards.