Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A few questions about Doubloons

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Ok I have a few questions about these. For example who uses whose doubloons? Like I was trying for the Coral Widow from Ole Blue Eyes and fought with 3 other pirates about an hour. During this time I got 5 of the juju rabbit doubloons wasn't really paying close attention but saw that used a few times in the fights. When I looked later there was not one of those in my doubloon pile. So does that mean they were using the doubloons I had gathered. Not complaining mind you just trying to figure out how this works

Next question is on the egg timer doubloons, the one that puts the enemies pets back to the egg. I don't remember any Bosses who use pets. Is this just for PVP or are there some Bosses I don't know about. Or maybe to come in the future

Next I'm wondering about the placement of the doubloons. I have 2 and a half pages of them and put the ones I would like to use in the first page. In battle the ones on the last page show up. Is this just a completely random thing? I had thought they were like the powers the first page most likely to show

Ok last one I get and use a lot of the mojo bolt and have been keeping track of it's to hit %age. After 14 uses (since I started to track it) it hit 4 times this works out to less than 25 %. Is this the normal rate it hits or do I have really bad luck with it?

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
ok I laughed at my self I had looked at the mojo bolt many times I finally read it It says right on it 10 % ok so one question answered

Admiral
May 30, 2010
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Ok I have a few questions about these. For example who uses whose doubloons? Like I was trying for the Coral Widow from Ole Blue Eyes and fought with 3 other pirates about an hour. During this time I got 5 of the juju rabbit doubloons wasn't really paying close attention but saw that used a few times in the fights. When I looked later there was not one of those in my doubloon pile. So does that mean they were using the doubloons I had gathered. Not complaining mind you just trying to figure out how this works

Next question is on the egg timer doubloons, the one that puts the enemies pets back to the egg. I don't remember any Bosses who use pets. Is this just for PVP or are there some Bosses I don't know about. Or maybe to come in the future

Next I'm wondering about the placement of the doubloons. I have 2 and a half pages of them and put the ones I would like to use in the first page. In battle the ones on the last page show up. Is this just a completely random thing? I had thought they were like the powers the first page most likely to show

Ok last one I get and use a lot of the mojo bolt and have been keeping track of it's to hit %age. After 14 uses (since I started to track it) it hit 4 times this works out to less than 25 %. Is this the normal rate it hits or do I have really bad luck with it?
Were you perhaps accidentally left clicking to dismiss the doubloons instead of right clicking? Because you use only your doubloons in battle. Or maybe you missed seeing your jackrabbit juju doubloons when you were looking at your doubloon pile.

I don't recall seeing any bosses using pets, so those sound like PvP doubloons to me.

Like you, I sort of expect the doubloons in slot one to show up most frequently, but I cannot carry any more treasure baths because they absolutely refuse to appear.

Mojo bolt I don't bother with, so I can't answer that question.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just used the "Put enemies pets back in eggs" when the Privateer in the Nefarious 5 charmed 3 of our pets in one turn. I used the doubloon and our charmed pets went safely back into their eggs and did not harm us and were not taken out by our defensive measures. When the "Egging" wore off all our pets were safe and sound and ready to help us again. I really liked it.