Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Baron Samedi's Masque Not Working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Well recently I've received the Masque from the tower and have tried it to see how it works. At first it didn't work for any weapons other than staffy and staffy sets, but now it no longer works for any staffy weapon even when i highly boosted the will of my buccaneer . I also noticed that everytime I wear the masque my character would change his attack stance, like a witchdoctor stance when he has a buccaneer weapon or vice versa. I think there may be a glitch to that, but I was also wondering if originally the masque was suppose to activate with every sort of weapon . Best

Developer
It should activate only with Staffy or Spooky attacks.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
It should activate only with Staffy or Spooky attacks.
That may be intended, but it ain't happening. For example, earlier tonight/this morning (whenever this is posted) I was trying to solo Moo Manchu, and when I used Jobu's Embrace to kill multiple units that had surrounded me in the previous turn at once, Soul Harvest didn't once activate for any of the defeated enemies either (i.e. a Corrupted Champion and some Terror-cotta Warriors as well). To top it all off, the game wouldn't let me use any moves the following round and just allowed the remaining Corrupted Champion to just hit me and finish me off as well.

Keep in mind that I had the Nefarious Staff equipped at the time as well, so I don't know what is causing it to not activate, but all that I know is that it's not.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I always thought it doesn't work in the tower because the enemies there have no souls to harvest they sold them to Moo Manchu. I have also found it doesn't work against the armada. Soulless golems? Maybe....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
You aren't supposed to be able to solo the tower.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Developer
flash33 on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
That may be intended, but it ain't happening. For example, earlier tonight/this morning (whenever this is posted) I was trying to solo Moo Manchu, and when I used Jobu's Embrace to kill multiple units that had surrounded me in the previous turn at once, Soul Harvest didn't once activate for any of the defeated enemies either (i.e. a Corrupted Champion and some Terror-cotta Warriors as well). To top it all off, the game wouldn't let me use any moves the following round and just allowed the remaining Corrupted Champion to just hit me and finish me off as well.

Keep in mind that I had the Nefarious Staff equipped at the time as well, so I don't know what is causing it to not activate, but all that I know is that it's not.
I'd guess you couldn't move because of MM's Tide powers.

I have a BOLO (Be On the Look Out!) bug for the mask working only intermittently. We can't get it to fail consistently enough to track down the bug-- but interestingly enough, my bug also occurred on that floor with Moo Manchu. That might be a useful clue.

Developer
P.S. I'm delighted that he finished you off.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
I'd guess you couldn't move because of MM's Tide powers.

I have a BOLO (Be On the Look Out!) bug for the mask working only intermittently. We can't get it to fail consistently enough to track down the bug-- but interestingly enough, my bug also occurred on that floor with Moo Manchu. That might be a useful clue.
No, it wasn't because of that. This happened in-between the turns between Frozen Tide and Infernal Wave (i.e. the turn after the smoke storm clouds disappear from the battlefield). Even when frozen you can still use attacks and powers and the like, but I couldn't do any of that at all whatsoever, and I wasn't frozen at that point in time. I think the power that I was trying to use was Jobu's Kiss but don't quote me on that. The game let me select my targets as normal, but when I hit done afterwards it went straight to the enemies turn, and, well, you know what happens next.

Also, another known issue with the tower is that allot of people often experience lag and/or disconnection issues inside of it as well, even on the live realm too as well, so there's that at least.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
P.S. I'm delighted that he finished you off.

Oh, gee, thanks allot, Ratbeard! I'll remember that the next time you fall in battle first on my team/crew, so you'd better watch out for that until then, buddy boy, or rat, or whatever!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
You aren't supposed to be able to solo the tower.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I didn't solo the tower-I had a full group with me up until the final floor with Moo Manchu himself, at which point the Privateer girl on our team decided to bail on us right then and there, and when the remaining 3 of us ended up losing the fight ultimately, they too decided to do the same thing to me as well (i.e. when things got tough, they gave up). I ended up doing multiple solo attempts of that final floor to no avail. I did get close one time though (I got down to 1 of each type of possibly enemy aside from Moo Manchu himself of course (i.e. 1 low-healthed Terror-cotta Warrior, 1 Shackled Soul and 1 Corrupted Champion as well)), but that run ended when I foolishly decided to use Jobu's Kiss instead of Rouse like I should've used instead for that turn, but oh well, better luck next time, I guess.