Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Darkmoor and the Armada

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
So, in Boot Hill, we see Deacon and English Bill are allies, working together to get to a piece of the map. (presumably Blood's) So, I have developed a theory: the Armada, though powerful and plentiful in resource and Man/Machine power, have realized that they cannot win an all-out war alone. true, Mooshu is staying neutral, but with Napoleguin no doubt setting his sights on them, and in a war with Marleybone, they realized that they have a startlingly high chance of losing. so, they made allies with Darkmoor, which appears to be feared/disliked in CR. the only thing i can think of that would make this theory invalid is that we see them together BEFORE the war with marleybone begins, or napoleguin is captured. any thoughts from my fellow marauders?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Blixet on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
So, in Boot Hill, we see Deacon and English Bill are allies, working together to get to a piece of the map. (presumably Blood's) So, I have developed a theory: the Armada, though powerful and plentiful in resource and Man/Machine power, have realized that they cannot win an all-out war alone. true, Mooshu is staying neutral, but with Napoleguin no doubt setting his sights on them, and in a war with Marleybone, they realized that they have a startlingly high chance of losing. so, they made allies with Darkmoor, which appears to be feared/disliked in CR. the only thing i can think of that would make this theory invalid is that we see them together BEFORE the war with marleybone begins, or napoleguin is captured. any thoughts from my fellow marauders?
Well,to be fair,Darkmoor is allies with Marleybone,which in turn is at war with Valencia.So the Armada,the Valencian military, would never ally themselves with Darkmoor.

They hire English Bill to drag the original El Toro(Don Raphael) out of his grave so he could tell them where Blood's lair is.

English Bill himself only fled to Darkmoor,and sold his soul to a certain(slightly Faustian) entity,and asked specifically for the power to claim vengance on Marleybone.

Marleybone and Darkmoor being allies,I highly doubt Bill would be a friend of Darkmoor.The fact that he controls a fleet of Darkmoor's ships doesn't mean he has good ties with Darkmoor.In fact,those ships are probably part of his pact.

Okay,so while technically they only have colonies and mercantile agreements with MArleybone,they are tilting more towards Marleybone than Valencia.

An interesting theory overall.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Makes sense. I mean, Kane is powerful, but we've killed the majority of his elites, so I would figure that he must see reason to a certain extent. So maybe... but I still think we'll see Grizzleheim before we see Darkmoore.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
A very interesting theory I must say mate, but there be some doubts that some pirates might point out though.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan