Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valkoor has 3k yars!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To a Pirate like no other,
He treats us all like a loving brother.
As a Buccaneer, he's number one!
I was told this by his young son.
To Valkoor, then, let's raise a cheer!
Let's plan a party for him, here!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Valkoor, it be me honor to say " CONGRATULATIONS " on a job well done on ye 3000th yar, ye truly deserve them me friend and I think this calls for a major pirate celebration and I know the rest of ye mates think so too, so in other words " LETS BRING IT " pirates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Congratulations, Valkoor! You deserve each and every one of those yars!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
I made a post about this on my thread, but I'll congratulate him again! Great job on 3000+ Yars, Valkoor! You are a very helpful and accepting pirate, you deserve every last yar! Good luck on the next thousand!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
You met his SON *Hands on hips* Valkoor, it's been forever since you promised me a meet up.

Seriously, well as serious as we can be concerning our beloved Valkoor. Congratulations are for sure in order. You are a mighty force on these boards. You are beyond helpful and extremely informative, generously supportive of all of us and to top it off you are down right silly to the max. I am so glad that the Yars are showing how much we love you. Well done Sir, beyond well done.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Yay, Valkoor! Or, I should say Admiral Valkoor, yes? But before you modestly decline any praise, I wish to say that those 'yars' are all so very well deserved, from your supportive comments, thoughtful ideas, touching insights, poetry (ranging from the delightfully silly to the lovely), and hilarious puns and commentary! So indeed, so very well deserved.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Congratulations!!! We all love your posts and the 3k yars was well deserved.

"Party... don't forget the party... Remember every detail of the time and place. You don't want to be left out again. Set a reminder if you have to! Maybe even write it on your hand. Just don't forget about the party!"

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Oh come on,it's like you don't want Sam Underhill to get any sleep!Fine I'll write him a letter.

To my good friend Valkoor Ohlen,the victorious

Valkoor,listen very carefully,I shall say this once(whoever caught that reference is awesome),you are so awesome,and never oncebhave I regreted talking to you,not even that one time when we were juggling threevsad topics at once and I happened to have been watching a sad moment,in a sad show and...forget it.

I have seen you at your punniest and at your funniest.At your busiest and at your crazest.At your kindest,and at your blindest(like when you said those calculations on bishop's boarf were instructions for knitting Rooke a scarf).You may have known me for only a couple of months,but I have known you for at least more than a year.

Not even the best mind control could makeme revoke any of the yarrs I gave thee.

And I can say that not even all the water in theSpiral,fromHamamitsu's lakes,to Khrysalis's ponds to Mirror Lake in Zafaria,none of them even come close to getting your dry humor wet.

That not even all the gold in the Spiral,from Azteca's golden stones,to Avalon's hoards even come close to spoiling your kind nature.

Hopefully,when this message comes to you(if it doesn't make it through moderation,I'll send it on a long distance duck) you are content with the moments you spend here.

yours truly,
Eternally,
Blessings and Giggles on ye,
Noble Felix Yellowfish
The Hoodoo Master.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
To the tune of Blow The Man Down,

Come all ye young pirates that follows the sea
Singing, way hey, three cheers for Valkoor
Now please pay attention and listen to me
Give me some time, then we'll cheer him some more

I'm a deep Spiral sailor just come from Mooshu
Singing...
You give me some yum, I'll sing of you know who
Give me...

A Marleybone galleon was prepping ta sail
Against the Armada, now hear me fine tale

He bore down upon them, a gleam in 'is eye
A mighty broadside he did loose and let fly

All 'round 'im 'is crew stood preparing to board
A-hoistin' their muskets, their staffs and their swords

The clockwork ship heaved, tried to turn hard a-lee
They thought they'd outrun' 'im, but twasn't to be

The Armada Captain, he quaked and he quailed
But escape our hero, at this he did fail

Long story short, our hero did prevail
Now when they see 'im comin', they turns on their tail

So let fly the colors, and stow the mahjong
Start singin' his praises and join in the song

Pay attention this now, you one and you all
No matter your thinking - he's not a nutball

Happy Valkoor Day!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Why Esperanza- I must thank you ever so,
upon reading this my grin surely did grow.
Your nice words of such kind praise,
nearly made my steely eyes glaze.

I sure appreciate the nice back pat,
almost as much as I do a Bearded Rat.
You are so kind to extend such friendly favor,
Tis' sweeter than cake of the loveliest flavor.

A party for me? now I'm turning red,
unlike a Mike, who's color is well...Dead.
To have my fellow pirate friends' backing,
Music to my ears- like Toro's whip crackin'.

The infectious positivity is truly viral,
from my friends on these boards & in the Spiral.
Not sure if that even made any sense,
Much like a Mouse Corsair that loves to fence.

Every poster here, I consider my friend,
That I will fight Kane with till the bitter end.
If I could I'd give you all a unrelenting squeeze,
with strength that would rival the mighty Hawkules

I am humbled to have you pay such notice,
a beautiful sight- like the petals of the lotus.
Ok so that certainly was a tad bit mushy,
for that I will kick my own self in the tushy.

In all seriousness- I truly thank you,
for taking the time to raise a hullabaloo.
Surely a grand thing to see from my computer,
Like the first time I saw that Foxy Sharpshooter.

To party with my pirate friends sounds very pleasing.
A shining moment- more so than El Toro cheesing.
To have a party for me just tickles me britches,
Just as Ratty's ramblings leaves me in stitches.

So let's grab some yum- now down the hatch,
Let's rattle the Spiral and the bones of Old Scratch.
A gathering- I am game, for that you can be sure,
Now I've got a fever and a party's the only cure.

Again I thank you, my friend Esperanza.
Now back to Who's the Boss, with Tony Danza!
Or perhaps some Seinfeld with George Costanza!
....Nah, how about some good ol' classic Bonanza!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor, it be me honor to say " CONGRATULATIONS " on a job well done on ye 3000th yar, ye truly deserve them me friend and I think this calls for a major pirate celebration and I know the rest of ye mates think so too, so in other words " LETS BRING IT " pirates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Why thank you for the kind words, Jack!

You are always so supportive and encouraging of your fellow pirates and posters, and that is to be highly commended. Just as all of my friends here on the boards should be commended for how they extend a kind gesture through the passing out of praise.

If there were to be a party for me, I would like to share the guest of honor spot with all of you for your contributions and for the kindness each and every one of you show to your fellow Marauders. You all are an awesome bunch of pirates and friends.

Thanks again Jack, I appreciate it!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
That was a great poem, and it describes valkoor perfectly! Well done valkoor me ol' mate! Your always around when folks need you, and you always near to answer a question, give some advice, and your always happy to say kind words to lift a pirates spirit! x salutes to valkoor x may your jug of yum never run dry!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:

In those rounds ( returning salvos? ) of poetry from Sam and you, Valkoor; well, I was truly bested and be thumped with words! But what date and time would be good for you? It wouldn't be much of a party without the guest of honor.
Place: How about Blood Shoals?
Realm: Mordekai

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations, Valkoor! You deserve each and every one of those yars!
Misty, I cannot thank you enough for you kind words. It surely has been a pleasure getting to know you in game and here on the boards. From our small, pet victories in the Morphing Tent, our checkmating (along with Jack) of Rooke, showing Bishop the light in Beachhead, to just our silly, yet extremely wise, conversations just mingling at the docks of Knossos, it sure has been a blast hanging out with you!

Thank you again, my friend!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
I made a post about this on my thread, but I'll congratulate him again! Great job on 3000+ Yars, Valkoor! You are a very helpful and accepting pirate, you deserve every last yar! Good luck on the next thousand!
Thank you once again Chris.

It is great to be able to post along side so many wonderful people and pirates. Even though you are fairly new to the boards, you have already displayed those great Marauder qualities that make life here on the boards so amazing.

Helping each other out, is what it's all about!
(and having a little fun in the process)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
You met his SON *Hands on hips* Valkoor, it's been forever since you promised me a meet up.

Seriously, well as serious as we can be concerning our beloved Valkoor. Congratulations are for sure in order. You are a mighty force on these boards. You are beyond helpful and extremely informative, generously supportive of all of us and to top it off you are down right silly to the max. I am so glad that the Yars are showing how much we love you. Well done Sir, beyond well done.
Wowie, Yowie- your stare is burning a hole in my soul, Chrissy!

Before I am tossed overboard, I believe that Esperanza was just adding more delight to her already pleasant poem. I don't believe that she has met my son, or that he has "told" her anything. But now that you have gently and subtly reminded me, I believe that some well-intended promises are long overdue- I thought I was still early....it's only about two weeks before forever!

I know that I can be well, a tad bit goofy, nutballish (thanks Sam) and guilty of tossing around enough dried out puns to feed all of the Red Crabs that gather on Christmas Island. But, I do have a serious side and that side would truly like to thank you for all of your kind and thoughtful words. Chrissy, from day one you have been nothing but kind and encouraging to me (and my nutballishnessisms) as well as to any other poster here on the boards. I have enjoyed getting to know you and I have a deep respect for you and all that has transpired throughout your life. I have greatly appreciated all of our chats over on Central and other places and I truly do consider you a friend.

Thank you again for all that you do and for just being you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Yay, Valkoor! Or, I should say Admiral Valkoor, yes? But before you modestly decline any praise, I wish to say that those 'yars' are all so very well deserved, from your supportive comments, thoughtful ideas, touching insights, poetry (ranging from the delightfully silly to the lovely), and hilarious puns and commentary! So indeed, so very well deserved.
Now to thank a pirate that never ceases to amaze me. Anne, I do believe that I have learned nearly as much from your unintentional tutelage here on the boards, than I ever learned throughout my years of self-schooling. Every time I read anything you have to offer, I feel as if I have just had a "Scarecrow receiving a diploma from the Wizard" moment.

And yes, Anne, you do appear to know me just a little bit, as I surely do prefer to decline or even redirect the praise to others....but I just may be willing to make an exception this time.

Thank you for your kind words, Anne. I truly do appreciate them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
435Snow Owl on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations!!! We all love your posts and the 3k yars was well deserved.

"Party... don't forget the party... Remember every detail of the time and place. You don't want to be left out again. Set a reminder if you have to! Maybe even write it on your hand. Just don't forget about the party!"
Thank you so much Snow Owl. I appreciate the friendly words.

Oh, by the way I was just curious as to what your piratin' name might be so that I could address you by it, that is unless you prefer Snow Owl, which I wouldn't blame you if you did, as they are quite beautiful and majestic creatures.

We'll have to see what date/time works out best for everyone and make sure there are reminders a plenty! And don't feel too bad. I may not forget about the parties, but I do have quite the terrible time making it to many of them. Sometimes the wonders, joys and glory of life have a habit of holding me ransom. Whatever we come up with I do hope to see you there and I look forward to meeting you in game.

Thanks again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Oh come on,it's like you don't want Sam Underhill to get any sleep!Fine I'll write him a letter.

To my good friend Valkoor Ohlen,the victorious

Valkoor,listen very carefully,I shall say this once(whoever caught that reference is awesome),you are so awesome,and never oncebhave I regreted talking to you,not even that one time when we were juggling threevsad topics at once and I happened to have been watching a sad moment,in a sad show and...forget it.

I have seen you at your punniest and at your funniest.At your busiest and at your crazest.At your kindest,and at your blindest(like when you said those calculations on bishop's boarf were instructions for knitting Rooke a scarf).You may have known me for only a couple of months,but I have known you for at least more than a year.

Not even the best mind control could makeme revoke any of the yarrs I gave thee.

And I can say that not even all the water in theSpiral,fromHamamitsu's lakes,to Khrysalis's ponds to Mirror Lake in Zafaria,none of them even come close to getting your dry humor wet.

That not even all the gold in the Spiral,from Azteca's golden stones,to Avalon's hoards even come close to spoiling your kind nature.

Hopefully,when this message comes to you(if it doesn't make it through moderation,I'll send it on a long distance duck) you are content with the moments you spend here.

yours truly,
Eternally,
Blessings and Giggles on ye,
Noble Felix Yellowfish
The Hoodoo Master.
Tell me about it Felix, poor Sam! It's as if he is finally able to relax his mind in the comforts of tranquil darkness and then a brilliantly, blinding symbol of a Bat comes flooding into the midnight. Oh, well a genius's work is never done.

Thank you dearly for the wonderful letter Felix. I would swear that you are a much older soul that hails from a distant past. Your writings always convey thoughts, feelings and wisdom that seem to come from another time and place. You are far wiser than your years and I greatly admire your acquired knowledge and your zest for life.

And WHEW, even though I was listening carefully I thought you were about to say that you never once regretted talking to me, except for the time when...... I must not have been talking as much as usual then- for I regret talking to myself all the time, especially in public. But yes, we have had some great chats and mini-discussions over on Central and I have also enjoyed all of them equally as well. Even the sad juggling act was a conversation that I appreciated having with you. Getting to know you has truly been a pleasure Felix.

Mark my words, you have not yet seen my funniest, nor my punniest! I won't say anything about my craziest though, I'll just leave that up to your own future interpretations. And you know, I still haven't received Rooke's knitted scarf from his Second Chance Chest and I've also got a breakfast burrito with your microwave's name on it.....just have to patch a hole in my rowboat first.

One more thing...."a long distance duck"- HAHAHeeHeeHAHA!!! That's priceless.

Well, thank you my friend for the kind words. I appreciate all of them and am glad to have gotten to know you and all your HooDoo-ness!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

LOL more brilliance from Valkoor. You have made rhymes where I didn't think it was possible and got me giggling all the more. You should wax poetic much more often. Besides I need to make some more candles.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:

Singing...
Give me...

Happy Valkoor Day!
Thoroughly brilliant once more Sam. Now I have another song stuck in my head lol. Beyond well done and you are quite right, Valkoor is no nutball, he is a certified goofball.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:

Singing...
Give me...

Happy Valkoor Day!
Sam, before I get to the thanking I just have two things to get off my chest- three words and then some advice.

First off, the three words: You are talented!

Now for the advice. Ok, so I know that advice and words from a "stranger" should be taken with a grain of salt, but I do hope you heed this advice coming from me: never stop writing! (ooh, look at that three more words, I could have called two birds with one phone....Valkoor, I don't think that's how it goes!)

I think that I speak for a great many people here on the boards (and probably in your "real world" as well) when I say that you are simply a fantastic writer and wordsmith. I don't know if you have ever submitted anything for publishing or been published before, but your writings are highly worthy. I know that I have read many books, stories, poems and such right off a shelf, that your creations could easily rival or surpass. Even if publishing isn't something you desire, just know that your writings are greatly enjoyed by all that read them.

Now for the thanking! Thank you Sam, I sure appreciate the wonderful Sammed-up-song. Every time a congratulatory post is created I always look forward to what I just know you are going to be creating. It has been a great pleasure posting along side you and many others here and I hope that the future on the boards holds much more of the same.

Again, I thank you!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Wowie, Yowie- your stare is burning a hole in my soul, Chrissy!

Before I am tossed overboard, I believe that Esperanza was just adding more delight to her already pleasant poem. I don't believe that she has met my son, or that he has "told" her anything. But now that you have gently and subtly reminded me, I believe that some well-intended promises are long overdue- I thought I was still early....it's only about two weeks before forever!

I know that I can be well, a tad bit goofy, nutballish (thanks Sam) and guilty of tossing around enough dried out puns to feed all of the Red Crabs that gather on Christmas Island. But, I do have a serious side and that side would truly like to thank you for all of your kind and thoughtful words. Chrissy, from day one you have been nothing but kind and encouraging to me (and my nutballishnessisms) as well as to any other poster here on the boards. I have enjoyed getting to know you and I have a deep respect for you and all that has transpired throughout your life. I have greatly appreciated all of our chats over on Central and other places and I truly do consider you a friend.

Thank you again for all that you do and for just being you!
You also promised me a meet-up back on Blind Mew Day...man,your life long first mate sure is popular!

Blessungs and Gighles on you,old sport.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Thank you so much Snow Owl. I appreciate the friendly words.

Oh, by the way I was just curious as to what your piratin' name might be so that I could address you by it, that is unless you prefer Snow Owl, which I wouldn't blame you if you did, as they are quite beautiful and majestic creatures.

We'll have to see what date/time works out best for everyone and make sure there are reminders a plenty! And don't feel too bad. I may not forget about the parties, but I do have quite the terrible time making it to many of them. Sometimes the wonders, joys and glory of life have a habit of holding me ransom. Whatever we come up with I do hope to see you there and I look forward to meeting you in game.

Thanks again!
Haha, when I created my username it was back at the Wizard101 boards. My main wizard was ice so I thought the name was appropriate. That and I had a pet snow owl there that I loved so much. Although, I'm much more active on the Pirate101 boards, my name doesn't exactly fit the pirate theme. I've heard that I can change it, but I'm not sure how. Meh, it's not that bad though.

Anyways, I have many pirates: Audrey Carter, Scarlet Carter, Payton Carter, Isis Carter, and Nicole Carter. I only have 2 max pirates so far, so I don't really have a main. I love all the classes and I don't exactly have a most favorite I would like to go by. I like to think of all my pirates as long lost sisters so... I wouldn't mind being called Carter. And sorry for the long explanation just to what I would like to be called, even though it could have been two sentences instead of two paragraphs. I just wanted to be thorough. I happen to be a bit of a perfectionist, so please excuse me.

Thank you! I'll try extra hard to come. I'll set up a bunch of reminders. Hopefully it's a good time. School is about to start and I'm taking more challenging classes. Much more challenging classes. I hope I can handle it, but I think I'll be fine. That and I plan on joining a bunch of after school clubs, so hopefully I won't be too much of a busy bee to make it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
That was a great poem, and it describes valkoor perfectly! Well done valkoor me ol' mate! Your always around when folks need you, and you always near to answer a question, give some advice, and your always happy to say kind words to lift a pirates spirit! x salutes to valkoor x may your jug of yum never run dry!
Thank you so much Bob!

I really appreciate the kind words and I am glad to have met so many great people, like you, here on the boards. If I ever leave these boards some day, I will be able to say a couple of things for certain- 1] that I tried my best to help out my fellow players in any way I could and 2] I met some super friendly, intelligent, helpful and entertaining pirates here. Oooh, and a bonus one- I got to unload my bottomless vault of puns at the expense of so many poor, unsuspecting souls.

Well thank you again Bob and have fun in the land of the Flying Monkeys!