Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valkoor has 3k yars!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
In those rounds ( returning salvos? ) of poetry from Sam and you, Valkoor; well, I was truly bested and be thumped with words! But what date and time would be good for you? It wouldn't be much of a party without the guest of honor.
Place: How about Blood Shoals?
Realm: Mordekai
Well those are good questions Esperanza! Seeing as there is Scarlet's "Farewell to Summer" party on the 23rd, I suppose that it would be good to have it this weekend or a week after the summer party. If this Friday evening works for most, then that would be fine with me. Say around 6:30-7:00 Eastern, 5:30-6:00 Central? I guess we can see if this sounds doable for the majority and go from there. If not then we can look towards later in the month. I'm pretty easy, it's just my schedule that tends to get a little feisty.

Oh and by the way, I surely was not trying to best you with my response...I was merely trying to join ye! I love a good poem or song and when I catch wind of a good one, I can't help but participating in the singing and/or rhyming!

We'll see what works and the place and realm are perfectly fine with me- I need to pay my respects to my good ol' Buccaneer Buddy and trainer anyways!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Sam, before I get to the thanking I just have two things to get off my chest- three words and then some advice.

First off, the three words: You are talented!

Now for the advice. Ok, so I know that advice and words from a "stranger" should be taken with a grain of salt, but I do hope you heed this advice coming from me: never stop writing! (ooh, look at that three more words, I could have called two birds with one phone....Valkoor, I don't think that's how it goes!)

I think that I speak for a great many people here on the boards (and probably in your "real world" as well) when I say that you are simply a fantastic writer and wordsmith. I don't know if you have ever submitted anything for publishing or been published before, but your writings are highly worthy. I know that I have read many books, stories, poems and such right off a shelf, that your creations could easily rival or surpass. Even if publishing isn't something you desire, just know that your writings are greatly enjoyed by all that read them.

Now for the thanking! Thank you Sam, I sure appreciate the wonderful Sammed-up-song. Every time a congratulatory post is created I always look forward to what I just know you are going to be creating. It has been a great pleasure posting along side you and many others here and I hope that the future on the boards holds much more of the same.

Again, I thank you!
Word thing good, thanks! Smith words easy come go, yes?

WHAP!!! Thanks, Bonnie Anne I needed that.

You're right, Valkoor, I do have a way with words - my way!

What can I say, you guys challenge me. If I can't do my best it isn't worth printing. Of course, behind it all I have you as my inspiration. When you recline on the piano singing torch songs it brings my poetic soul to the fore... wait a minute, that wasn't you.

And besides this thread is to praise you. You deserve every bit of it, you goofball! Stop ducking and take it like a pirate!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Congratulations, Valkoor! I've always found your posts to be both friendly and helpful, so I'm not surprised at all.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Thank ye Valkoor, it be who I am and it means a lot to here that, so thank ye again (oh btw, if we ever meet at the brawli'n hall I wouldn't want to fight me if I were you cause I'd probably swab the deck with ye hahaha.)

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
So... have we found a doable time, date, realm and place?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:

What can I say, you guys challenge me. If I can't do my best it isn't worth printing. Of course, behind it all I have you as my inspiration. When you recline on the piano singing torch songs it brings my poetic soul to the fore... wait a minute, that wasn't you.

And besides this thread is to praise you. You deserve every bit of it, you goofball! Stop ducking and take it like a pirate!
"And besides this thread is to praise you. You deserve every bit of it, you goofball! Stop ducking and take it like a pirate!"

Brilliantly said

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Wowie, Yowie- your stare is burning a hole in my soul, Chrissy!

Before I am tossed overboard, I believe that Esperanza was just adding more delight to her already pleasant poem. I don't believe that she has met my son, or that he has "told" her anything. But now that you have gently and subtly reminded me, I believe that some well-intended promises are long overdue- I thought I was still early....it's only about two weeks before forever!

I know that I can be well, a tad bit goofy, nutballish (thanks Sam) and guilty of tossing around enough dried out puns to feed all of the Red Crabs that gather on Christmas Island. But, I do have a serious side and that side would truly like to thank you for all of your kind and thoughtful words. Chrissy, from day one you have been nothing but kind and encouraging to me (and my nutballishnessisms) as well as to any other poster here on the boards. I have enjoyed getting to know you and I have a deep respect for you and all that has transpired throughout your life. I have greatly appreciated all of our chats over on Central and other places and I truly do consider you a friend.

Thank you again for all that you do and for just being you!
You have once again touched me deeply Valkoor and your friendship is one of my greatest treasures. I thank you for your wonderful kind words and thoughts that warm the barnacles of my heart.

That being said.......We are here to honor YOU and the amazing outpouring of love and yars that we Marauders love to shower on you. Every yar is well deserved and only a tiny way that we can attempt to give back to you for all the ways you make our days oh so much better. The Spiral is much funnier and full of warm fuzzies just because of you and your zaney awesomeness.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS VALKOOR! let me get my yum pizza... RATBEARD!!! rb: what now? me: wheres my yum pizza? rb: why do you always think it was me? just because i eat everyones food all the time doesn't mean i eat it all the time. me: you just said you did eat it all the time rb: you know what i meant me: just tell me if you ate it rb: you ate it, i saw you eating it earlier. me: ummm well we still have bonnies chocolate. rb: no i ate that. me: of course you did. well i'll bake him a cake wheres the mix? rb: i ate it me: you ate the mix? you realize that's not actual cake rb: i do now me: okay last option, a yum pie. what do you know we have the ingredients! x one pie later x me: WHAT WHERES THE PIE!!! rb: i ate it. me: that's it i'm giving him your rare cheese. rb: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
well valkoor i hope you like cheese

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
"And besides this thread is to praise you. You deserve every bit of it, you goofball! Stop ducking and take it like a pirate!"

Brilliantly said
Of course it was brilliantly said. It's Sam Underhill, Master of the Written Word!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:

No Sam, for goodness sakes- that surely wasn't me on that piano! Where I shine is singing while smolderingly draped over a celesta! Close, but yet so far away!

What can I say, there's two things that I don't do well-- willingly receive praise while accepting the spotlight and walk into any type of surroundings without ducking (I'm nearly 6' 4", so I am always ducking....ohhh- you mean.....GEEEEE)! And I'm not very good at cracking Macadamia nuts between my knees....pecans, golden- Macadamias, not so much.

So that's three things I don't do well. Oh and I suppose labeling leftovers before I put them into the fridge, yeah definitely not a strong point there. So four things....yes four....WAIT, I also can't eat just one chip- surely need work in that department. That would be five things I don't....OOOHDALAHLEY! I almost forgot I'm not that adept at counting sheep while trying to sleep. I always drift off and have to force myself to wake up to start over. HOW AM I EVER GOING TO KNOW HOW MANY THERE ARE????? Stay awake Valkoor- for the love of ALL things WOOLEY, COUNT......THEM......SHEEP!!!

Ok, Ok, OK. You're right! I've got my Irish Spring, my hairnet and my rubber duckie.....shower away!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
435Snow Owl on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Haha, when I created my username it was back at the Wizard101 boards. My main wizard was ice so I thought the name was appropriate. That and I had a pet snow owl there that I loved so much. Although, I'm much more active on the Pirate101 boards, my name doesn't exactly fit the pirate theme. I've heard that I can change it, but I'm not sure how. Meh, it's not that bad though.

Anyways, I have many pirates: Audrey Carter, Scarlet Carter, Payton Carter, Isis Carter, and Nicole Carter. I only have 2 max pirates so far, so I don't really have a main. I love all the classes and I don't exactly have a most favorite I would like to go by. I like to think of all my pirates as long lost sisters so... I wouldn't mind being called Carter. And sorry for the long explanation just to what I would like to be called, even though it could have been two sentences instead of two paragraphs. I just wanted to be thorough. I happen to be a bit of a perfectionist, so please excuse me.

Thank you! I'll try extra hard to come. I'll set up a bunch of reminders. Hopefully it's a good time. School is about to start and I'm taking more challenging classes. Much more challenging classes. I hope I can handle it, but I think I'll be fine. That and I plan on joining a bunch of after school clubs, so hopefully I won't be too much of a busy bee to make it.
Well, Carter it is then- a fine name indeed!

And I wouldn't worry too much about a board name change. We all know you as your current one and it is as fine as any! No need for apologies at all, I might have a slight tendency to overdo it with the long postings as well. Nothing wrong with being thorough at all.

And good luck with your schooling and clubs. I applaud you for challenging yourself with more difficult classes. If you can make the party then that would be great, but your education is surely more important and should absolutely take precedence. So no worries if you can't make it due to striving towards bettering yourself.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations, Valkoor! I've always found your posts to be both friendly and helpful, so I'm not surprised at all.
Why thank you Fiorenza. I am always happy to try and help out others-- it's just my nature, I suppose. If you can make it to the party we would love for you to be there and to meet you as well. Thanks again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Thank ye Valkoor, it be who I am and it means a lot to here that, so thank ye again (oh btw, if we ever meet at the brawli'n hall I wouldn't want to fight me if I were you cause I'd probably swab the deck with ye hahaha.)

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Jack, you're quite welcome and you very well could be right about the brawlin' hall thing.

Although, I am not very absorbent, so swabbing may take.....FOREVER! But you could still call me Q-tip if you wish!

You very well may best me in PvP and the first thing I would do is congratulate you and give you huge pat on the back. Honestly most PvPers probably would get the best of me because I don't PvP at all. For me, there's too much amazing story and helping to be done out there in the Spiral for me to be fighting my friends! But I do feel that I have an exceptional and extremely thorough grasp of the combat system and strategies, so if I ever chose to PvP, I don't think it would take me long to "figure it out".

Well, hope to see you at the party!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
So... have we found a doable time, date, realm and place?
Well, I guess so- but I was hoping to hear more from other posters with either yay's or nay's or at least get an idea if this Friday would work. So we'll just have to post this and if others say "won't work for me" than we'll resort to Plan B....who really ever has a Plan B anyways?

Party for Moi, Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen

DATE: Friday, August 15
TIME: 6:30 Eastern (5:30 Central, 4:30 Mountain, 3:30 Pacific)
WHERE: Blood Shoals- Skull Island Skyway
REALM: Mordekai
ATTIRE: Yes

If this does not work for a lot of you let me know and we can try for Friday the 29th! Hope to see all of you great pirates there!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS VALKOOR! let me get my yum pizza... RATBEARD!!! rb: what now? me: wheres my yum pizza? rb: why do you always think it was me? just because i eat everyones food all the time doesn't mean i eat it all the time. me: you just said you did eat it all the time rb: you know what i meant me: just tell me if you ate it rb: you ate it, i saw you eating it earlier. me: ummm well we still have bonnies chocolate. rb: no i ate that. me: of course you did. well i'll bake him a cake wheres the mix? rb: i ate it me: you ate the mix? you realize that's not actual cake rb: i do now me: okay last option, a yum pie. what do you know we have the ingredients! x one pie later x me: WHAT WHERES THE PIE!!! rb: i ate it. me: that's it i'm giving him your rare cheese. rb: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
well valkoor i hope you like cheese

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer
HaHaHaHaHoHee.

Thank you Jack and yes, RARE CHEESE is absolutely my most notable and prominent trait! How could you have possibly ever known? You better tell Ratbeard that he needs to think a bit more about his future and stop consuming everything he sheds his beard on!

Thanks a lot for the congratulations and I hope to see you at the party, my friend!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Congrats
Bakes cake
Congrats
Avast me hearties he's a pirate like no other
Yar yar!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
No Sam, for goodness sakes- that surely wasn't me on that piano! Where I shine is singing while smolderingly draped over a celesta! Close, but yet so far away!

What can I say, there's two things that I don't do well-- willingly receive praise while accepting the spotlight and walk into any type of surroundings without ducking (I'm nearly 6' 4", so I am always ducking....ohhh- you mean.....GEEEEE)! And I'm not very good at cracking Macadamia nuts between my knees....pecans, golden- Macadamias, not so much.

So that's three things I don't do well. Oh and I suppose labeling leftovers before I put them into the fridge, yeah definitely not a strong point there. So four things....yes four....WAIT, I also can't eat just one chip- surely need work in that department. That would be five things I don't....OOOHDALAHLEY! I almost forgot I'm not that adept at counting sheep while trying to sleep. I always drift off and have to force myself to wake up to start over. HOW AM I EVER GOING TO KNOW HOW MANY THERE ARE????? Stay awake Valkoor- for the love of ALL things WOOLEY, COUNT......THEM......SHEEP!!!

Ok, Ok, OK. You're right! I've got my Irish Spring, my hairnet and my rubber duckie.....shower away!
LOL You never fail to crack me up Valkoor. "Oohdalahley" Now I haven't heard that one in a long time. Now that song and the song about the thumbsucking Prince John are fighting to be the one to repeat in my head. I suspect that Roger Miller may win.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Well, I guess so- but I was hoping to hear more from other posters with either yay's or nay's or at least get an idea if this Friday would work. So we'll just have to post this and if others say "won't work for me" than we'll resort to Plan B....who really ever has a Plan B anyways?

If this does not work for a lot of you let me know and we can try for Friday the 29th! Hope to see all of you great pirates there!
I'll probably be able to make it. Look for Reckless Chris Young

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
krokotopia pirate on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Congrats
Bakes cake
Congrats
Avast me hearties he's a pirate like no other
Yar yar!
Thank you so much Rebecca, for the congrats and the cake, and also for the nice words. I hope you can make the party and if so I look forward to seeing you there. Oh and do you by any chance have any milk flavored yum to wash the cake down with.....and my dry sense of humor?

Thanks again and hope to see you Friday!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
LOL You never fail to crack me up Valkoor. "Oohdalahley" Now I haven't heard that one in a long time. Now that song and the song about the thumbsucking Prince John are fighting to be the one to repeat in my head. I suspect that Roger Miller may win.
Thanks Chrissy but WOW did I mess up the spelling of that song. It's Oo-De-Lally-- silly me, but I was never taught to spell anything like that in school! And you are right about the Phony King of England song, it is quite catchy as well. I also have a tendency to hum or whistle the "whistling Robing Hood song". That has always been one of my all time favorite Disney movies and animated movie for that matter, well that and An American Tail. My son was on a Disney Robin Hood kick about a month or two ago and we must have watched it every other night for a couple weeks. Oo-De-Lally, Oo-De-Lally, golly what a day!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
In lieu of the overwhelming excitement from the surprise opening of the Nefawious Towah, in Test Realm, I propose that we resort to Plan B. I know many are super excited to give the Tower a good piratin' try (many times) and I think it would be best to help KI with the testing of bugs and such so that the updates can go Live as soon as possible.

So what do you all say about rescheduling the party for Friday August 29th so we can hit the Tower proper?

New "Night of the Nutball" party details

DATE: Friday, August 29
ATTIRE: Still a "Yes"

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

Can you pleaee move this to Friday the 29th,I won't be home until next week,also,mind specifying Felix's time too?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Chrissy but WOW did I mess up the spelling of that song. It's Oo-De-Lally-- silly me, but I was never taught to spell anything like that in school! And you are right about the Phony King of England song, it is quite catchy as well. I also have a tendency to hum or whistle the "whistling Robing Hood song". That has always been one of my all time favorite Disney movies and animated movie for that matter, well that and An American Tail. My son was on a Disney Robin Hood kick about a month or two ago and we must have watched it every other night for a couple weeks. Oo-De-Lally, Oo-De-Lally, golly what a day!
OK......Now I am whistling too. What a way to make my day brighter. Thanks again Valkoor. (What IS it with Disney and pirates? )

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ok, eh. So, like I just come out o'ta bush eh and I see this yammering aboot Valkoor be having 3k yars eh?
So, what is 3K yars, eh? 3KM worth, 3Kg worth? Now 3 kilo worth of yars is a mighty impressive feat dere eh. Sso, of course I be verra willing ta party with the marauders. I just finished hurrling and burrling down white water with the log drivers eh. So me, I should be ready for any dancing too, eh.

Now, ya just havin ta be given me time to finish this neck o'portaging, and don't worry, if the snow flies and the water freezes before the Thimblberry Moon sets, I'll just wake up the dogs and go by sled eh.

Wow, no idea where that came from, but congrata Valkoor, you really are a well liked pirate ( if there is such a thing) Can't wait to party...again!