Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- Impersonation Contest Winner

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello again, my Pirate friends, it’s that FrogFather Friday time again. I trust everyone is having a wonderful Summer? You might recall, we had a little contest cooking last time around, and I gotta say somethin’ from the bottom of my heart – yous really outdone yourselves this time. Your entries in the FrogFather sound-alike contest were absotutley frogtastic, and I don’t know how I’m supposed to pick a winner. I mean, when you’ve got talent like:

MistyDragon13 nailing the FF rhythms and thorough line of inquiry, not to mention a very interesting topic regarding Flag color choices,

and

Average Moe, who expertly incorporated some of my favorite characters and also dangled a few mystery puns in closing...ahhh, Average Moe you brought tears to my eyes.

Hopping along, there was a topic covered very close to my heart, “Boss” fights, which made a perfect FrogFather playground for

Trimond297, and I, for one would be very interested to hear more on that subject. And Trimond, how you sing sweet music with the patented FrogFather sign-off – made me reach for my clarinet, but I got really short arms, so whaddayagonnado?

And I’m telling you, me, I would not want to ever fall short dealing with

Fearless Robert SP who is rather convincing as the Frog on the top log. I mean, anybody seen Joey Karo lately? Mysharona…whatever lilipad you’re hiding under, Joey, I recommends you stay there.

Under a lilipad is one thing, but under a hill, as in

Sam Underhill, frogeddabowdit, this one was outta the Spiral, capturing the business interests of the FrogFather, tossing in references to my all-time favorite book and a chatty-catty who don’t see so good…do ME a favor, Mr. Sam Underhill, keep applying your creativityness as often as possible – you’re good, you!

I loved them all, truly inspirational imitationals, and you all made the Frogfather smile so big you could see my teeth from Mooshu. But it would be a “Calamity” not to offer admission that one submission jumped out at the FrogFather so much, it was like I was lookin’ into a mirror, an audio mirror, a mirror with speakers, I don’t know. (Max, do they have speaker mirrors over at Best Fly? Go pick up a few, would ya already.) Where was I? I’ll tell ya where I was, I was possessed by the spirit of

Calamity Pixieshade who takes the Mosquito Cake as the first ever “FrogFather Friday Contest Winner”!!!!!!! From food hospitality to punny jokes, mixing business chat with questions and some trademark FrogFatherisms, Calamity cemented the deal with a clever homage to effective MoBlem-solving techniques. Congratulations, Calamity. A friend of ours, One-Eyed Jack should be in touch soon regarding this “Crownsing” achievement.

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Developer
So that’s that w/ that, but now this is this: over the next two FrogFather Friday installments, either Frogfather or Calamity, writing as me (if Calamity would like to so honor us) will post a note, and yous my Pirate friends will have to figure out who is who that wrote the letter, capeanuts? So be prepared to offer your thoughts on whatever topic comes to light, and then guess which FrogFather is really FrogFather for that Friday.

Until then, be careful in the August heat, wear your sungreen, and always, always, always respect the Spiral. And a Big round of applause for our FrogFather Friday contestants, everybody. Amazing creativity and talent, I’ll never frogeddabowdit as long as I ribbet.

Ciao for now,
FF

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Well done, Calamity! Hope you enjoy that cake- depending on your species, you might want to pick the little black bits out. They might be flies and mosquitoes.

Hope you enjoy your frogfather-ness, but if you think the community will forgot about this? Froggedaboutit!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Frogfather on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Hello again, my Pirate friends, it’s that FrogFather Friday time again. I trust everyone is having a wonderful Summer? You might recall, we had a little contest cooking last time around, and I gotta say somethin’ from the bottom of my heart – yous really outdone yourselves this time. Your entries in the FrogFather sound-alike contest were absotutley frogtastic, and I don’t know how I’m supposed to pick a winner. I mean, when you’ve got talent like:

MistyDragon13 nailing the FF rhythms and thorough line of inquiry, not to mention a very interesting topic regarding Flag color choices,

and

Average Moe, who expertly incorporated some of my favorite characters and also dangled a few mystery puns in closing...ahhh, Average Moe you brought tears to my eyes.

Hopping along, there was a topic covered very close to my heart, “Boss” fights, which made a perfect FrogFather playground for

Trimond297, and I, for one would be very interested to hear more on that subject. And Trimond, how you sing sweet music with the patented FrogFather sign-off – made me reach for my clarinet, but I got really short arms, so whaddayagonnado?

Fearless Robert SP who is rather convincing as the Frog on the top log. I mean, anybody seen Joey Karo lately? Mysharona…whatever lilipad you’re hiding under, Joey, I recommends you stay there.

Sam Underhill, frogeddabowdit, this one was outta the Spiral, capturing the business interests of the FrogFather, tossing in references to my all-time favorite book and a chatty-catty who don’t see so good…do ME a favor, Mr. Sam Underhill, keep applying your creativityness as often as possible – you’re good, you!

I loved them all, truly inspirational imitationals, and you all made the Frogfather smile so big you could see my teeth from Mooshu. But it would be a “Calamity” not to offer admission that one submission jumped out at the FrogFather so much, it was like I was lookin’ into a mirror, an audio mirror, a mirror with speakers, I don’t know. (Max, do they have speaker mirrors over at Best Fly? Go pick up a few, would ya already.) Where was I? I’ll tell ya where I was, I was possessed by the spirit of

Calamity Pixieshade who takes the Mosquito Cake as the first ever “FrogFather Friday Contest Winner”!!!!!!! From food hospitality to punny jokes, mixing business chat with questions and some trademark FrogFatherisms, Calamity cemented the deal with a clever homage to effective MoBlem-solving techniques. Congratulations, Calamity. A friend of ours, One-Eyed Jack should be in touch soon regarding this “Crownsing” achievement.
Congratulations Calamity The Frogfather is right, you totally NAILED it. (Besides who am I to argue with the Frogfather ).

Congrats too on the wonderful honorable mentions. I don't know how you managed to get through that judging process. Well done all of you.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
So that’s that w/ that, but now this is this: over the next two FrogFather Friday installments, either Frogfather or Calamity, writing as me (if Calamity would like to so honor us) will post a note, and yous my Pirate friends will have to figure out who is who that wrote the letter, capeanuts? So be prepared to offer your thoughts on whatever topic comes to light, and then guess which FrogFather is really FrogFather for that Friday.

Until then, be careful in the August heat, wear your sungreen, and always, always, always respect the Spiral. And a Big round of applause for our FrogFather Friday contestants, everybody. Amazing creativity and talent, I’ll never frogeddabowdit as long as I ribbet.

Ciao for now,
FF
Oh My Gosh! Really? WOW!

I am truly honored and would love love love to write another installment!

*puts on thinking cap*

A now overly excited ~Clumsy Calamity!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
I think in my excitement I forgot to say thank you.

Thank you!

~Clumsy Calamity

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations Calamity The Frogfather is right, you totally NAILED it. (Besides who am I to argue with the Frogfather ).

Congrats too on the wonderful honorable mentions. I don't know how you managed to get through that judging process. Well done all of you.
Arguing with the FrogFather is a... bad idea, in the first place. But I have to agree, Calamity, you nailed it! Well done, and I hope to see your further writing abilities.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Congrats, Calamity! After reading yours I knew I didn't stand a chance.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

and

Thanks so much, anyway! I did what I could to bring the true Frogfather flair and would have made it much more so. However, I was running dry on it, so it's what I went with.

Regardless, I am very touched that you noticed what I've thought of. I truly would like to see my runner-up topic about adding more secret bosses to Pirate101 sometime soon.

Still, I must give my big congratulations to Calamity Pixieshade for that winning entry. That one REALLY nailed that Frogfather flair down more so than any of use had thought of yet.

Most of all, a big thanks to all who participated, even though there were a few involved in it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I think in my excitement I forgot to say thank you.

Thank you!

~Clumsy Calamity
Well, what can I say? You were quite the winner on that Frogfather entry of yours. You nailed that Frogfather flair of yours down like you meant it. I gave it my best, though, so it counts, even though I'm not the big winner.

In any case, you are quite the Frogfather impersonator winner, Calamity Pixieshade. Congratulations!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kudos to all who entered, well done! Absolutely amazing, I couldn't tell the difference!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Congratulations Clara! Your impersonation was spot on! Just wish I could have entered, but I think I joined the message boards after the contest was over. Oh well, there will always be another, right?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Thank-you everyone for your kind words. It was fun going it to the mattress with you all. You are very worthy opponents and I'm amazed at all of the other creative entries. Honestly there are lines I would have like to have borrowed from each of you.

Look forward to trying to stump you in the coming months.

~Clumsy Calamity

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013

and

woo! i cant beleive i won! this is like the first time i ever won a contest! thank you all very much! but i do have a confession to make, i copied off of sam by mistake, the froggetabowdit thing lol. i though frogfather actually said it in the game and so i didn't realise that i was copying sam, so sorry about that sam! you deserve the win mate! and well done everyone! your impersonations were top awesome!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Awesome job, Calamity!! In fact it was your entry that challenged me to enter in the first place. Keep writing lady!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations Clara! Your impersonation was spot on! Just wish I could have entered, but I think I joined the message boards after the contest was over. Oh well, there will always be another, right?
Clara... Where the heck did I get Clara from? Anyways, congratulations Calamity!

Community Leader
Arrrrr...

Congrats Calamity Pixieshade, and other contest winners.

It be a great Arrrrgust indeed!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Congratulations Calamity Ribbitshade, what a fantastic job you did! Can't wait to read your upcoming offerings and best of luck to you with your future writings!

And great job to all of the others that entered as well, very well done all of you!

Again-- way to go Calamity!!!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
woo! i cant beleive i won! this is like the first time i ever won a contest! thank you all very much! but i do have a confession to make, i copied off of sam by mistake, the froggetabowdit thing lol. i though frogfather actually said it in the game and so i didn't realise that i was copying sam, so sorry about that sam! you deserve the win mate! and well done everyone! your impersonations were top awesome!
whoops, didnt mean to type top. lol my bad