Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's the diff?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Hi maties! Snazzy here. So I was questing with my best friend. I told her which game do you like better: pirate101 or wizard101? Then she's like What's the diff? I was mind blown! I'm going to tell you the differences while you back in you comfy chair, drink a bottle of yum, and enjoy!
  1. Pirate101 has cool companions unlike those so called pets in wizard101.
  2. You can win a battle in pirate101 easily but it's harder in wizard101.
  3. You get to blow up ships in pirate101 but you can only fight and go into dungeons in wizard101.
  4. You get to ride the beautiful skyways in pirate but in wizard you can only go on land.
  5. In wizard, once in a while you have to solo with no friends to help but you can fight with companions and friends. Well you see the big difference between the two games. How did you finish the yum so quick? Lol. Well thanks everyone for reading. Bye and I'll see ya in the spiral! Bye!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
SnazzySwashbuckler... on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Hi maties! Snazzy here. So I was questing with my best friend. I told her which game do you like better: pirate101 or wizard101? Then she's like What's the diff? I was mind blown! I'm going to tell you the differences while you back in you comfy chair, drink a bottle of yum, and enjoy!
  1. Pirate101 has cool companions unlike those so called pets in wizard101.
  2. You can win a battle in pirate101 easily but it's harder in wizard101.
  3. You get to blow up ships in pirate101 but you can only fight and go into dungeons in wizard101.
  4. You get to ride the beautiful skyways in pirate but in wizard you can only go on land.
  5. In wizard, once in a while you have to solo with no friends to help but you can fight with companions and friends. Well you see the big difference between the two games. How did you finish the yum so quick? Lol. Well thanks everyone for reading. Bye and I'll see ya in the spiral! Bye!
You are 100% correct

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Of course, in Wizard101 there's cheese. So please add cheese to Pirate101!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I was questing in Krok and a random wiz joined the battle. I noticed he had a beautiful fish for a pet, I commented on how beautiful it was. He told me he liked all things aquatic. So, I asked him; did he play P101? He said he tried it, but he thought the battle system was boring! IKR?! I didn't friend him.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
There are many things I like about Wizard101, but honestly I like Pirate101 more. The dialogue is better, it's funnier, there are more references, the battle system is AWESOME, it's easier to win battles, pet training is easier, you get more gold, the worlds are just breathtaking, and the story is more interesting. Now, before you type a reply, this is my opinion. You might like Wizard101 better, but I prefer Pirate101. I still love Wizard101 though!

Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
I agree, the companions can be a bit funny sometimes, (catbeard, for example), and just better graphics, and no dueling circles, Pirate101 is a much better game than Wizard101

See you in the spiral sometime, Eric Collins, level 65

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
Pirate101 pulls you in more than Wizard101. The art, characters, dialogue, environment all contributes to a pirate-like atmosphere! Not to forget the tons of ester eggs in Pirate101!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D while I use to be a very eventful person on the wizard101 message boards, I have spent a lot more time on Pirate101 then Wizard101 as of lately.

Idk everything there is to Pirate101 and that is what makes it exciting!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
If there were a Nar button, I would have pressed it on this post. Because I love Wizard101. Half of Pirate101 is based off of it, and, while I do indeed enjoy P101 a bit more, you are being rather incredibly One-dimensional about this. Wizard101 has a more enriched storyline, better graphics, and, while I find the gameplay of W101 to be much more boring, not to mention pet training takes loads of time, and the quests are just fight fight fight, I rate both games about the same level. Pirate101 for gameplay and side-notes (references, battle style, etc), but Wizard101 takes the prize for best graphics, storyline, and time put into it. So thank you KingsIsle, period.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
The most fundamental difference is, of course, the battle mechanic. Pirate101 is a board game and Wizard101 is a card game. That changes so much in the game itself. There is also way more character development in Pirate101, and the story is way more varied throughout the different worlds.