Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what killed your parents?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i was just curious what people picked the most that killed there parents so i made this. the armada killed my parents and i only chose that so i could say to kane "hello i am jack nightingale you killed my parents prepare to die" so what did you pick (and maybe why if you want)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My very first pirate I created- Esperanza Devereaux chose to have her parents eaten by a Skysquid. It tickled my funny bone, especially Mr. Gandry's off-hand remark of "It happens all the time."

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
During the middle of an armada attack the crew mutinied; my parents tried to escape in a storm but they were attacked by a giant squid and, consequently, were shipwrecked and died.*

Which is to say, I have used all of the available options on one pirate or another.

-Indigo

*Assuming, of course, they are dead. You never know.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
i was just curious what people picked the most that killed there parents so i made this. the armada killed my parents and i only chose that so i could say to kane "hello i am jack nightingale you killed my parents prepare to die" so what did you pick (and maybe why if you want)
I did mutiny since it seemed like the best option. Of course, that was before I knew that I'd get Dead Mike from the Presidio. He's not very good for a Swashbuckler. But he is really, really funny!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Admiral
May 30, 2010
At least one of my pirates has had his/her parents die in each of the possible ways. I do seem to have a heck of a lot of Milo Graytails, though.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
My (P101) parents died from a Sky Squid, it sounded the most interesting at the time.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
same as you mate! the armada killed my parents and this is what i will say to kane and his minions as soon as i meet them: you idlers! you wasters! you fashion plates! you sit back and sip your yum while the the back of the unprotesting professors are lashed with the whip! you-- who boast the blood of aragon and the inheritance of Valencia! make merry while, all about you, injustice seethes! the heaven kissed hills of your valencia swarm with the sentinels of oppression! are your pulses dead? thank heaven mine is not, and i pledge to you my bloods as noble as the best! no force that tyranny could bring could dare oppose me! you have underestamated skull island kane! justice for all! punishment for the oppressors of the helpless-- from kane down!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Depending which pirate character you are asking here are their response,

Nicole ( Nikki ) and Isabel ( Elizabeth ) = In Nicole's voice " Down with the armada, for my parents ! "

In Isabel's voice " Darn clockworks,I hate them all. "

My Buccaneer's parents and Privateer's parents died in an Armada attack.

Amber = " Traitor Kill parents. Traitor pay. " Her parent died by Mutiny.

Jessica = " What, my parents got eaten ? " Her parents was eaten by a giant sky squid.

None was ship wrecked.

Brittany ( Britney ) = " A sad tale to say, my parents where lost at sea. " Her parents where killed by a storm ( how will we avenge that ? )

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Mines died from the terrible Kraken (some call it sky squid, which is a boring name). Man if I ever met that Kraken I would take revenge on him with my friar sand axe.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Scarlet's parents were blasted by the Armada, which was the start of her obsession with revenge.

Alura's parents were shipwrecked. She has nothing more to say on the matter and would rather not speak of it if at all possible.

Aaaand that's all I can remember. :/ Curse you Swiss Cheese Memory!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
For all my characters I put all the different deaths except eaten by squid. On my Privateer and Musketeer I accidentally put both Shipwrecked which gave me Jack on both and also means that I missed out on Birgus.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
My pirate 101 parents died in search of buried treasure I did it to get lucky Jack russle

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I got the Armada as my parents' death, too. I can't wait until we get to El Dorado so I can cut Kane's head off with my poleaxe.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
My parents were blasted by the armada, x sniffs x God rest their souls.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I finally figured out who had what:

Misty's parents (as mentioned above) died in a mutiny.

Holly's parents perished in a mysterious storm.

Lucas' parents became lost and eventually died while searching for buried treasure.

Kestrel's parents were blasted from the sky by the Armada.

And last but not least, a Sky Squid devoured Brynn's parents.

All are long stories that should be saved for another time.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Tis a tear-jerking tale.
When I was a wee lad beginning my Piratin days, I found a baby skysquid to call my own, I named the skysquid Miss Squidsy. Me an Miss Squidsy were like best friends, we grew up together, she went through a growth spurt. One day when me parents visited Skull Island, a Witchdoctor put a curse on Miss Squidsy for the intention of just being evil, to make it worse I forgot to feed Miss Squidsy that day, not only was she cursed with evil, but also cursed with an empty stomach and when me parents got pack to the ship, Miss Squidsy swallowed them whole and ran off to the skies of Aquila.
R.I.P. parents.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me folks died in a mutiny, and fer that me & Dead Mike will avenge them.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
I first I picked Armada but I really didn't enjoy the companion I got so then I picked ship wrecked because it just sounded so... pirate! Now I am really happy about the dog pirate I got, and he is one of my favorite companions!