Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Text Chat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 14, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
perilous Seth Jeev... on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Well i turned 18 today However i didnt acquire Text Chat
Happy Birthday Seth Welcome to adulthood.
Go into your "My Account" settings, then parental controls to turn that on.

Administrator
perilous Seth Jeev... on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Well i turned 18 today However i didnt acquire Text Chat
Hi and Happy Birthday!

18+ Open Chat can only be unlocked by players over the age of 18 who have a current Membership paid for with a valid credit card. Gift Cards cannot be used to unlock Open Chat.
  • Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.
  • Currently Active Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.
  • 18+ Open Chat will expire when the Membership expires.

If you have further issues with enabling this chat feature, please contact support@pirate101.com.

Thanks and see you in the skyways!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ensign
Aug 11, 2014
How do you text chat?? I am well over the age of 18. My text chat box in my account is turned on. When I log into the game the only thing visible is the bubble chat box with all of the pre loaded phrases. I don't see a chat box or a way to open a chat box. Please any help would be great. thanks.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Xeenah on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
How do you text chat?? I am well over the age of 18. My text chat box in my account is turned on. When I log into the game the only thing visible is the bubble chat box with all of the pre loaded phrases. I don't see a chat box or a way to open a chat box. Please any help would be great. thanks.
As One-Eyed Jack says above, it has to be verified by a credit card and an active membership.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Just hit your enter key, Xeenah, and it'll open up the chat box on your screen.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Xeenah!

Not sure if this will help, but I had text chat and it was a long while before I knew how to use it. Embarrassingly enough I went almost 50 levels before I knew that you had to hit the Enter key twice in order to bring up the Text Chat Window or box. When you hit Enter the first time it brings up the game notification log and when you press it the second time a prompt appears where you can type your text and then hit Enter to submit it. You press ESC to back out of the prompt and then the notification log to return to your "normal" screen.

I am not sure if this is something that will help you but thought that I would throw it out there, since I was oblivious to it for the longest time. I had everything turned on and activated but still didn't know about having to open the chat window by hitting ENTER! OOPS

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You can find out if you have text chat by pressing the Enter key and the Text Chat Windows should open. If it doesn't, you don't have text chat.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Hello, I wanted to ask if the option to set date of birth was completely removed from account management as well as the data storing it? Long time ago you could set date of birth in Wizard101 (Pirate101 was still undercover).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Hello Xeenah!

Not sure if this will help, but I had text chat and it was a long while before I knew how to use it. Embarrassingly enough I went almost 50 levels before I knew that you had to hit the Enter key twice in order to bring up the Text Chat Window or box. When you hit Enter the first time it brings up the game notification log and when you press it the second time a prompt appears where you can type your text and then hit Enter to submit it. You press ESC to back out of the prompt and then the notification log to return to your "normal" screen.

I am not sure if this is something that will help you but thought that I would throw it out there, since I was oblivious to it for the longest time. I had everything turned on and activated but still didn't know about having to open the chat window by hitting ENTER! OOPS
Oops, I meant to say that you only need to hit ENTER once to open the notification log and chat box, then to be able to move around with just the log opened you need to press ENTER again-- which will take away the chat box but leave the notification/chat log still on the screen.