Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Time for stronger enemies

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Now with the new epic companions and the increase in the abilities to buff its time to increase the strength of the enemies. Players are storming through the dungeons too quick and battles are over even before all the players get to move. It's getting to be a little boring out there on the battlefield. If we are getting stronger we need enemies that will challenge us with their own buffs and strategies. Also in broadside combat in ships our crew should also be damaged from the enemy's cannon fire and weapons. How one sided.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Now with the new epic companions and the increase in the abilities to buff its time to increase the strength of the enemies. Players are storming through the dungeons too quick and battles are over even before all the players get to move. It's getting to be a little boring out there on the battlefield. If we are getting stronger we need enemies that will challenge us with their own buffs and strategies. Also in broadside combat in ships our crew should also be damaged from the enemy's cannon fire and weapons. How one sided.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Shhhhhhh. Nothing going on here Ratbeard, nothing to read here at all.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
It does seem that things have gotten a bit easier Dante due to our pirates becoming more powerful. But I am quite sure the KI developers have got a whole lot up their sleeves to bring to us in the near future, in the difficult enemies department that is. Plus there is a certain Tower in MooShu that is apparently supposed to be pretty Nefarious. I am sure that when it "opens it's doors" the difficulty may just be ratcheted up a notch and provide us with more variety. We just have to be a little patient as KI crafts and creates some new tough baddies for us to face.

In the meantime, if it seems to be way too easy, why not go with inferior gear and weapons for a bit. If you're maxed, try using some Cool Ranch or MooShu duds and see if that makes the dungeon delving a bit more nail biting and adds some grit to your teeth. Or just equip your pirate with gear that's not made for it's class. I'm a Buccaneer, so I would add a ranged weapon and possibly gear with ranged powers. Maybe that will add some challenge or new excitement to the mix. Or possibly switch your powers around, putting the least desirable ones at the head of the pack and your most powerful ones towards the back. Or perhaps if you have some companions that aren't maxed, move them to the top of the class or better yet, assign all but your First Mate to Companion Tasks and really crank up the difficulty. If that seems too much, maybe add one more companion to your active crew.

There's a whole lot of ways to mix things up and provide a more intense and challenging gameplay experience- yet another great and wonderful thing about this amazing game. Give yourself in game challenges and see if maybe that does the trick.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
NO THANK YOU. They've already given the companions a 'wound timer', and many fights in Aquila are quite challenging. I suggest you wait for the expansion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Or do as One Eyed Jack did against Malistaire in Wiz101 and battle with no gear equipped, unequip your pet and use your worst companions!

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I'm sorry, but I highly disagree with this. As of now, I'm barely living through MooShu even with the companion upgrades. I can't even imagine what sort of horrible nightmare Aquila would be if the enemies were to be made stronger. I don't mean to offend, but since I'm having a tough time with the enemies right now I don't want them to have added buffs/cheats. I think that would also push away some of the younger players because it would be too hard and would require more strategy. I don't want Pirate101 to become a chore instead of fun.

Developer
Remember that we keep very careful watch on all our data, so we know how difficult the game is, both in the average overall and in certain "trouble spots."

And our goal, of course, is to provide the best experience for the widest range of players; we are constantly watching and doing our best to remove trouble spots. We have a great story to tell, and we want to make sure that everybody gets to experience it.

That said, optional content, like the upcoming Tower, can be made more difficult than the mainline quest. (Possibly much more difficult.)

In the meantime, you might try testing your skills in the PVP brawlin' halls.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I highly disagree with this. As of now, I'm barely living through MooShu even with the companion upgrades. I can't even imagine what sort of horrible nightmare Aquila would be if the enemies were to be made stronger. I don't mean to offend, but since I'm having a tough time with the enemies right now I don't want them to have added buffs/cheats. I think that would also push away some of the younger players because it would be too hard and would require more strategy. I don't want Pirate101 to become a chore instead of fun.
Don't worry, Misty! Yeah MooShu was tough on all of us. The Dread General Tso and Moo Manchu first and foremost among them. But as you progress through Marleybone you will be gaining levels right and left ( if you do all the side quests, you will easily gain max level before Aquila! ) and won't that be nice!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
It would be great to have some new worthy opponents, I grew tried of battling weak foes, me I hunger for new meat.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jack morgan933 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
It would be great to have some new worthy opponents, I grew tried of battling weak foes, me I hunger for new meat.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Be careful that ye don't end up 'defeated' meat, mate! Arrr!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry, Misty! Yeah MooShu was tough on all of us. The Dread General Tso and Moo Manchu first and foremost among them. But as you progress through Marleybone you will be gaining levels right and left ( if you do all the side quests, you will easily gain max level before Aquila! ) and won't that be nice!
I just finished MooShu about half an hour ago as I write this. I'm going back and picking up all of the sidequests before going into Marleybone. Hopefully, that will mean that I go into Marleybone at the level you're supposed to leave it at (57)! And I'll probably gain one more companion, Ju Hao (that is his name, right?). If I max out in Marleybone, I'll wait for the level cap to increase before continuing since I don't want to waste any of the experience I earn. That way I'll be a higher level entering Aquila, so those tough battles I've been hearing about may not be as bad!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
eagilles voice: time to pay the piper, GET THEM! x everyone instantly dies. x curse these stronger enemys

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Have ye forgotten who yer talking too Anecorbie I be Dead-eye Jack Morgan I live for 3# things fighting, adventure, and helping me friends, so whatever foe they throw at me I will give them the brawl of a life time, even to a noble death.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Everyone says how hard Tso and Manchu are, but I can't get past the ship battles, because I can't get one more level, so I can't use the Mooshu Galleon I bought, so I lose every ship battle, so I can't do sidequests, so I can't level up.
Also, my Nautical Level is low. Mooshu is still better than Cool Ranch, though.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Nothing is impossible.
Mooshu wasn't to hard to me minus Khotan and the metal guardian
"The strongest pirates know what they're doing and they need to help the weaker pirates become like them
If mooshu is to hard I'll gladly farm gear with you and help you do side quests.
See you in the skyways and the nefarious tower can be overcomed.
-krokotopia pirate

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Kai Alcott on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Everyone says how hard Tso and Manchu are, but I can't get past the ship battles, because I can't get one more level, so I can't use the Mooshu Galleon I bought, so I lose every ship battle, so I can't do sidequests, so I can't level up.
Have you gone back to Cool Ranch? There are a TON of sidequests there. Doing those, I gained three levels, and after finishing MooShu's sidequests I should be entering Marleybone at level 57 or 58, the level you're supposed to leave it at. My Nautical Level is low as well, I need to find a farming party to raise it at least fifteen levels.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Send companions Keelhaulin' to boost your nautical levels, Kai !

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Perhaps you need to go back to Cool Ranch and work on your Nautical xp? Or, you can send those companions out to get you some nautical xp for you. Another fun option is to check the fan sites for Nautical Xp parties. When you join up with a crowd of sky scrubbing pirates your levels will climb fast. I know that just this last weekend Duelist 101 had 4 separate events for nautical xp farming. That may be your best way to go.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
MistyDragon13: "? If I max out in Marleybone, I'll wait for the level cap to increase before continuing since I don't want to waste any of the experience I earn."

I stop running when I hit level 65. For my three that have maxed, all made it out of Marleybone and did some of the Aquila quests. Not they are amusing themselves with pet morphin' while waiting for the level gap to go up.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Kai Alcott: "...I can't get past the ship battles, because I can't get one more level, so I can't use the Mooshu Galleon I bought, so I lose every ship battle, so I can't do sidequests, so I can't level up."

Set three or four of your crew on the "sailin" task. In a day or so they will have earned you enough experience to go up that level. Good luck!

-Indigo

Community Leader
Although I understand a need for "challenge" I do not find a need for things to be "difficult".

I will side with Ratbeard and their observations as the best gauge of difficulty.

I emphasize, that difficult content should remain "optional" so those that wish to pursue it can, and those that do not, are not forced into it.

I personally discourage the "elite" approach to gaming where things must be difficult in order to bolster players egos of having "completed" something. Not to mention the ideal of "it was too easy for me, make it harder for everyone else", mentality I seem to see a lot of. Game achievements are milestones to feel good about and encourage your progress, they are not very useful for bragging or reflecting ones "status". Because in reality they tend to reflect more time spent playing, than they do anything regarding ability or skill as is often suggested.

You need difficult? Try PVP, or try nerfing your gear, make the game what you want it with the tools already given, why change the experience for other players when you already have what it takes under your control?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV