Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Coming this Summer?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ah, summer... Warm currents blowing in from the south. The heat escalating in the already warm climates. Watching Snowmen sing about summer after it's turned winter by a monstrous Witchdoctor (wait, huh?). Yes, it's summer, but there be no breaks when it comes to KI.

I'm excited for what's to come in Pirate101 this summer. While Book 15 is still in waiting, there's plenty of new stuff coming. I'd like to breakdown Frogfather's recent Producer's Letter to make my own assumptions on what activities and fixes are being planned. So without wasting any more time:

"We’ve got more new pets and hybrids on the way soon..." Obviously, more pets are on the way. No big deal. Wait..More pets?! Subodai, Ratbeard, stretch me backpack as far as ye can! There be new pets to be had!

"...trust me when I say that, very soon, it might be tricky to recognize Pirate folks when standing around the fountain." You know, I get the feeling that we'll be able to allow our Companions to follow us while we're riding our mounts. That would be a fun feature! Or more venders?

"...I don’t want to Boar anyone with details, so let me just wish you the best of summer fun and offer a few words of guidance for the coming months: temperatures can sometimes be a Bear as summer moves along, and heat rises just as the sun in the Far East."
I'm going to on a peg-leg and say something with Grizzlehiem could be happening. I doubt it could be a side world, though. Perhaps the Clans of Grizzlehiem sought to follow Bjorn Bjornstein and trade with Skull Island. Also, Far East makes me thing Back East. Could it be...the land of Chickens and BBQ sauce?

"...hydrate to avoid a Stitch in your side, and don’t be afraid to seek assistance." Assistance with Stitching perhaps? Wait are they assuming I can't make a good stitch in me trousers without Eloise's help. Cause I have to say...they're absolutely right.

"Remain Cool...seek shortcuts if travelling long distances, and keep extra provisions on hand to swap out or trade with new friends you might meet" I believe the answer to our prayers may be coming. No more (or shorter) distances through Cool Ranch (Bravo!). And I think we may see Pet Snack or Doubloon trading in the future.

"...meet with my Boss about some things real quick" Some thing nefarious in MooShu this way comes to meet us...like a boss

"I’m sure you’re dyeing to get back outside and play capture the Flag" Now Flag Dyeing comes first to mind, but I think the point is Flag Capturing in PvP. Anyone else? No? Fine, Flag Dyeing it is.

And of course, AN ART AND SOUND POLISH!!

I think KI (and the Frogfather...mostly the Frogfather) has done a very good job of teasing us for their summer updates and I can wait to see it all together.
To close this post out, I'll ask ye all, what do ye think be coming this way from the Southern winds this summer? Thank ye all fer stopping by to read and listen!

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Nice assessment, I'd say!

I'm really looking forward to these new features...

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I suspect the "...trust me when I say that, very soon, it might be tricky to recognize Pirate folks when standing around the fountain" is referring to transformations.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
I think we are all dying of anticipation at this point. Summer is indeed here. Mouth is watering at the new possibilities.

Our minds have wandered far and wide. Hopefully the summer updates will soon arrive.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Ah, summer... Warm currents blowing in from the south. The heat escalating in the already warm climates. Watching Snowmen sing about summer after it's turned winter by a monstrous Witchdoctor (wait, huh?). Yes, it's summer, but there be no breaks when it comes to KI.

I'm excited for what's to come in Pirate101 this summer. While Book 15 is still in waiting, there's plenty of new stuff coming. I'd like to breakdown Frogfather's recent Producer's Letter to make my own assumptions on what activities and fixes are being planned. So without wasting any more time:

"We’ve got more new pets and hybrids on the way soon..." Obviously, more pets are on the way. No big deal. Wait..More pets?! Subodai, Ratbeard, stretch me backpack as far as ye can! There be new pets to be had!

"...trust me when I say that, very soon, it might be tricky to recognize Pirate folks when standing around the fountain." You know, I get the feeling that we'll be able to allow our Companions to follow us while we're riding our mounts. That would be a fun feature! Or more venders?

"...I don’t want to Boar anyone with details, so let me just wish you the best of summer fun and offer a few words of guidance for the coming months: temperatures can sometimes be a Bear as summer moves along, and heat rises just as the sun in the Far East."
I'm going to on a peg-leg and say something with Grizzlehiem could be happening. I doubt it could be a side world, though. Perhaps the Clans of Grizzlehiem sought to follow Bjorn Bjornstein and trade with Skull Island. Also, Far East makes me thing Back East. Could it be...the land of Chickens and BBQ sauce?

"...hydrate to avoid a Stitch in your side, and don’t be afraid to seek assistance." Assistance with Stitching perhaps? Wait are they assuming I can't make a good stitch in me trousers without Eloise's help. Cause I have to say...they're absolutely right.

"Remain Cool...seek shortcuts if travelling long distances, and keep extra provisions on hand to swap out or trade with new friends you might meet" I believe the answer to our prayers may be coming. No more (or shorter) distances through Cool Ranch (Bravo!). And I think we may see Pet Snack or Doubloon trading in the future.

"...meet with my Boss about some things real quick" Some thing nefarious in MooShu this way comes to meet us...like a boss

"I’m sure you’re dyeing to get back outside and play capture the Flag" Now Flag Dyeing comes first to mind, but I think the point is Flag Capturing in PvP. Anyone else? No? Fine, Flag Dyeing it is.

And of course, AN ART AND SOUND POLISH!!

I think KI (and the Frogfather...mostly the Frogfather) has done a very good job of teasing us for their summer updates and I can wait to see it all together.
To close this post out, I'll ask ye all, what do ye think be coming this way from the Southern winds this summer? Thank ye all fer stopping by to read and listen!
Good deductions.

One thing I picked out from this one: "Remain Cool...seek shortcuts if travelling long distances, and keep extra provisions on hand to swap out or trade with new friends you might meet"

Could this mean trading between players of some items