Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Charms or Totems?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I just noticed the item drop that I got from the Dutchman battle for my Privateer is slightly different than the one my Witchdoctor got who was in the same fight.

The item is the Dutchman's Sapphire Charm but it's showing up in the Totems slot (is this intended?)** and comes with a Rouse healing card and a +5 Mojo Mastery (to increase Spooky talents on cards). The difference in the two is the amount of healing on the Rouse card. My level 24 Privateer's says 154 and the one on my level 24 Witchdoctor says 172.

Why is there a difference in the amount of health on the very same item? Pictures for reference can be found here.

**I've noticed that all the Dutchman's drops seem to say "Charm" but are in the Totems slot. I do also notice that the Prawn's drops are labeled as "Necklaces" and in the Charms slot (which looks like a necklace LOL). I was just wondering if there was some mislabeling on the items or not.

And no thank you, Ratbeard. I DON'T want you to move the Dutchman's drops to the Charm slot the same as the Prawn's. I like them fine where they are. This is just an observation!

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
The amount your rouse card heals depends on your skill power (I think that is what it is called). Your skill power raises whenever you level up. All of your skills damage/healing power increase as you level, meaning that the same card for a low level pirate and a high level pirate can be very different.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
I just noticed the item drop that I got from the Dutchman battle for my Privateer is slightly different than the one my Witchdoctor got who was in the same fight.

The item is the Dutchman's Sapphire Charm but it's showing up in the Totems slot (is this intended?)** and comes with a Rouse healing card and a +5 Mojo Mastery (to increase Spooky talents on cards). The difference in the two is the amount of healing on the Rouse card. My level 24 Privateer's says 154 and the one on my level 24 Witchdoctor says 172.

Why is there a difference in the amount of health on the very same item? Pictures for reference can be found here.

**I've noticed that all the Dutchman's drops seem to say "Charm" but are in the Totems slot. I do also notice that the Prawn's drops are labeled as "Necklaces" and in the Charms slot (which looks like a necklace LOL). I was just wondering if there was some mislabeling on the items or not.

And no thank you, Ratbeard. I DON'T want you to move the Dutchman's drops to the Charm slot the same as the Prawn's. I like them fine where they are. This is just an observation!

~SM~
Hey Sorceress!

The powers take account your Pirates stats and determine based on that an average amount it will heal/damage.

Your witchdoctor most likely has Spooky talents and higher will, therefore amounting it to heal a much higher amount than if your Privateer equipped.

If your Witchdoctor chose Krokotopia as a place where they were raised, it will affect greatly many of the powers you get in the future, heals being included.

Developer
SorceressMiklai on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:

~SM~
Spoiler alert!

1) There are three new bosses at the end of the three rat ghosts' quests-- the Prawn Emperor, the Dutchman, and the aztecosaur Chok Akab. One drops a ring, one drops a necklace, and one drops a totem. Assuming I didn't assign somebody's stuff to the wrong slot, I won't be moving them. But if it is a bug, of course I will be fixing it-- sorry!

I believe the Dutchman's items should occupy the ring slot (but I am responding from home and from memory, so I might have them mixed up.)

2) With the last update, we completely overhauled the way our card interface works. Now, when the card pops up, it updates dynamically to show you how much damage, healing, etc. the card will actually do.

It should not come as a surprise, then, that your Witchdoctor has slightly better spellcasting than your Privateer. (I would guess that your Witchdoctor might have a bit more Will and certainly more Spell Power than your Privateer.)

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Spoiler alert!

1) There are three new bosses at the end of the three rat ghosts' quests-- the Prawn Emperor, the Dutchman, and the aztecosaur Chok Akab. One drops a ring, one drops a necklace, and one drops a totem. Assuming I didn't assign somebody's stuff to the wrong slot, I won't be moving them. But if it is a bug, of course I will be fixing it-- sorry!

I believe the Dutchman's items should occupy the ring slot (but I am responding from home and from memory, so I might have them mixed up.)

2) With the last update, we completely overhauled the way our card interface works. Now, when the card pops up, it updates dynamically to show you how much damage, healing, etc. the card will actually do.

It should not come as a surprise, then, that your Witchdoctor has slightly better spellcasting than your Privateer. (I would guess that your Witchdoctor might have a bit more Will and certainly more Spell Power than your Privateer.)
That does make sense about the Will & Spooky. I know my Privateer is from Krokotopia so he does have Naturally Spooky but my Witchdoctor has trained in Spooky 1 & 2.

about 2) As you can see in the pictures my pirates already had other totems equipped at the time. When my Privateer put the totem on it went from the 154 seen in the picture to 161. My Witchdoctor's went from 172 to 179.

Just so you know it did change from the preview to the equipped stage.

Thank you so much for replying back :)

~SM~