Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rooke's Overprotection glitch

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Hello this is just an informing message about rooke's Oprotection ability being bugged

what the bug is, is that when rooke uses overprotection and knocks the user away (yes knocks back) you cannot go on the space that the character was originally on

heres an example
A = aly
R = rooke
X = spot you cannot go on

AR (rooke uses protection)

A X R (the x area is the area you cannot perform any action on)
if you try to move onto that area, the system just skips the action of the person

Administrator
Thanks for your report, Pirate! We are having a hard time reproducing this particular bug, so any additional information you can give us would be appreciated.

• Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Logan Sharp on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Hello this is just an informing message about rooke's Oprotection ability being bugged

what the bug is, is that when rooke uses overprotection and knocks the user away (yes knocks back) you cannot go on the space that the character was originally on

heres an example
A = aly
R = rooke
X = spot you cannot go on

AR (rooke uses protection)

A X R (the x area is the area you cannot perform any action on)
if you try to move onto that area, the system just skips the action of the person
I've experienced this issue almost every single time he uses Overprotection.

and @Jack, it seems to do this to any companion that gets knocked back by Overprotection. It happens both when I play solo and when I play with friends. I have played with 1,2, and 3 other people and this bug does seem to happen. I am not sure if I was the only one amongst my friends, but I believe so because they were able to move through the empty square and not get stopped by Rooke's Hold the Line 3. No worries, all his Hold the Line 3 triggers were not used, I made sure to keep count. I haven't done it recently, so I will attempt to reproduce this bug.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for your report, Pirate! We are having a hard time reproducing this particular bug, so any additional information you can give us would be appreciated.

• Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?
ill answer them all as well as I can
comp name: brutus (bodyguard) el toro (hero) and barnabus (sloth buck)

how often: every time he uses overprotection and we want to access the space that the companion was KNOCKED AWAY FROM

was I playing solo? no, I was with 1 other person

did this only happen to me? yes and no... yes because it inly affected my companions (because I was first to go lol) and no because my friend could not access the space either

ive noticed this big being reproduced easy especially with PETS since they just rush in anyway

oh and I am sorry, I missed a vital important clue to this (accept my apology plz >.<) this has happened only on our SECOND time facing him (idk if it happens on the first one because my friend was SB so we just went hidden and avoided that entire thing)