Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Top 10 hardest boss fights

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
I have always wanted to do a top 10, and now, thanks to the forums, I can!
But sadly, to make a top 10 list, I need to have experience with multiple types, on all of the game's bosses.
I have gotten up to Cool Ranch pt. 2 on a Witchdoctor, and Monquista with a Swashbuckler.
So I am asking for YOUR ideas. Who is hardest, in your opinion?

Criteria for posting a top 10 on this forum:

Clarify what types you have done each boss on
Clarify how far into the storyline you are
Clarify whether a boss is main story or side quest
You may not post bosses you have not fought

You may include a bit about what makes the boss hard too.

So if you want to post your number ten as The Brass Monkey, you might post it as

10. Brass Monkey, Main story, fought as
Watch out for the Monkey's traps when playing melee.

This is just an example based on my friend's experience of the fight.

I can't wait to hear your opinion. Who did you find hard?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pokopolypse on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
But sadly, to make a top 10 list, I need to have experience with multiple types, on all of the game's bosses.
I have gotten up to Cool Ranch pt. 2 on a Witchdoctor, and Monquista with a Swashbuckler.

So if you want to post your number ten as The Brass Monkey, you might post it as

Trippin' down Memory Lane,
Recallin' days of woe and pain.
The Ten who caused such disaster,
Only made me level faster.

10. Chumbawumba level 10, Witchdoctor and privateer had the most trouble
9. Gortez level 13- 14, Wd and Priv. most problems
8.Monkey City Drains, level 16-17 SWB, Priv and WD had most problem.
7.Hidden Valley Ranch level 18-19 all classes had trouble here
6.Frank and Jesse Cranes level 25 SWB ( learned my lesson - DON'T go in there under level 32! However I did it! )
5.Deaon, Motherload Mine level 38-40 Musketeer and Wd had the most problems
4.General Tso level 48 all classes had to fight final battle at least twice.
3.Beachhead ( all parts ) level 58-59 Wd have an especially hard time, due to Bishop
2.Wreck of the Victory level 59-60 WD should not directly attack Rooke!
1.Hydra level 60+ all classes.

Now my head hurts

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe I should have included The Presidio, but Chumbawumba was the first boss we face that had a cheat, and I should include Fort Basset, which I faced as a Sw at level 52. I didn't include Fort Basset, because after figuring out a strategy for the Commander Davis battles, it's not very difficult. My criteria to make the list had 2 requirements; it had to have defeated 2 or more companions and have sent me to a life fountain at least once.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Deacon fills every slot.

Main story, fought as ,
I HATE DEACON,

Ensign
May 03, 2010
I'm doing Top 8- these are the only battles I ever struggled with on any character- two level 65's, a 29, 25, and 20.

8. Scylla, Main Quest, Aquila, beaten on
If you don't have the biggest ship possible, you're going to have a bad time. Also, that battle in the middle is pretty tough- second chance on a battle where dodging is critical is very, very annoying.

7. Deacon, Main Quest, Cool Ranch, beaten on
A tough, fun battle that has a very unique set-up: but it's easy to deal with.
6. General Tso, Main Quest, Mooshu, beaten on
By all accounts, this battle should be easy- but it's not.
5. Fin Dorsal, Main Quest, Skull Island, beaten on
Bear with me- he's actually kind of hard when you're learning the game- if you don't get lucky with him, you're losing a companion. No heals, few attacks... Fin can hit pretty hard.
4. Bishop, Main Quest, Marleybone, beaten on
He has a lot of cheats that can really hit you hard if you aren't prepared to deal with them.
3. Frank and Jesse Cranes, Side Quest, Cool Ranch, beaten on
Can you say difficulty spike? If they appeared a little later they'd be dead in a giffy- but they don't. They just kill you.
2. Rooke, Main Quest, Marleybone, beaten on
The reason Rooke is so far up here is for the poor Musketeers. By the way- don't use musketeers. Just in case you were wondering.
1. Hydra, Main Quest, Aquila, beaten on .
Everything about the Hydra is hard. EVERYTHING. I've never beat him on my first try, and on my buccaneer, I actually needed help from a friend- the only battle in the game I needed help with.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Trippin' down Memory Lane,
Recallin' days of woe and pain.
The Ten who caused such disaster,
Only made me level faster.

10. Chumbawumba level 10, Witchdoctor and privateer had the most trouble
9. Gortez level 13- 14, Wd and Priv. most problems
8.Monkey City Drains, level 16-17 SWB, Priv and WD had most problem.
7.Hidden Valley Ranch level 18-19 all classes had trouble here
6.Frank and Jesse Cranes level 25 SWB ( learned my lesson - DON'T go in there under level 32! However I did it! )
5.Deaon, Motherload Mine level 38-40 Musketeer and Wd had the most problems
4.General Tso level 48 all classes had to fight final battle at least twice.
3.Beachhead ( all parts ) level 58-59 Wd have an especially hard time, due to Bishop
2.Wreck of the Victory level 59-60 WD should not directly attack Rooke!
1.Hydra level 60+ all classes.

Now my head hurts
i love ur little poem at the top!

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013

1.deacon and fin dungeon skull island on a ship probably lvl 10 took me many times main story
2.monkeys paw boss in monquista lvl 15 ish main story best to do with friends
3. marco pollo's grave valencia lvl 15 ish main story its hard to get to and hard to beat
4. miranda lvl 20 ish main story takes a long time
5. deacon motherload mine lvl 20 ish main story fun with a friend
6. rooke wreck of the victory lvl 50 something main story be aware he can move ur companions and i think can heal
7. ophidian palace lvl 63 main story btw 3 battles and u get a chicken at the end
8. maze entrance in aquila lvl 65 main story watch out every time a battle ends another begins and u dont have any space between them
9. the maze lvl 66 main story watch out at the end after making the minotaur fall in the hole u have to beat his three sons and every time u beat one of them whoevers left grows bigger and gets stronger
10. beechhead lvl 50 something main story hardest one ever be sure to get rid of the battle angels and marines and things before attacking the boss he has leech and can heal using that

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Although there are certainly more, I do have to say that Captain Blood and the Maruzame Metal Guardian gave me a good run for my money.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jesusfollower363 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
i love ur little poem at the top!
Thank you,

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Nothing was harder than the hydra battle.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014

all slots filled by Kane (cuz i can time travel) because he is very very hard on

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Pain and sorrow,
Misery and pain,
As we take a trip down memory lane.
Many fights, many deaths,
Filling my heart with dread,
Giving me nightmares as I slept in bed.

Pre-note: All of these were done on my musketeer.

10. Deacon: Overall, a really hard boss that can heal and strike at long distances. He was easy, but he was still memorable.

9. Chumba Wumba: Trying to get all of the totems without getting killed made this fight hard and fast. It was a nightmare for me back then.

8. Kirigi: This ninja pig made getting Monkey King's armor all too difficult.

7: Dopplegangers: Monkey King's dopplegangers were TOO hard back in the day. I died many times.

6: General Tso: It took 2 tries, the second one having help. He is HARD.

5: Captain Blood: The whole 2 hour dungeon made you tired of fighting, leaving you vulnerable to making mistakes when fighting this demon and his undead minions.

4: Gortez: ALL TOO HARD. He is deadly powerful, and it takes a lot of hard hits to bring this beast down. However, beating him 25 times gets you the chance to buy the Goronado companion, which is worth the pain.

3: Antinous: EXTREMELY HARD. Bring an all Swash team.

2. Rooke: Rookochet made him all too difficult on my musketeer. Keeping him away from Nelson was a challenge.

1. STORMZILLA: One word describes this legend: NIGHTMARE. I died almost a dozen times.

All these bosses,
All these foes,
Bringing death, misery, sorrow and woe.
Prepare for death, ye of strength,
As ye've made your last mistake.

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Well I'm currently at a level 55 swashbuckler, but i can do a top ten anyway.
10. Fort Basset. I barely made through the three wave battle!
9. Beachhead Central Core. The final battle with Bishop took an emergency friend call to complete.
8. Chumbawumba. I beat him with like one health point left.
7. Presidio. After dying a few times, I took the hint and leveled up.
6. Gortez. Another one health point win.
5. Fin and Armada. Just pulled through after defeating the Armada captain with no companions left.
4. Governor Nakamura. The final battle destroyed me. Being new to Mooshu, it was extremely difficult at first.
3. Old Chirp Place. I went through this battle like fifteen times before winning.
2. Motherlode Mine. Hardest. Battle. Ever.
1. Wreck of the Victory. I may not have done it yet, but the rumors I've heard are terrifying.

Clever Sam Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Well I'm currently at a level 55 swashbuckler, but i can do a top ten anyway.
10. Fort Basset. I barely made through the three wave battle!
9. Beachhead Central Core. The final battle with Bishop took an emergency friend call to complete.
8. Chumbawumba. I beat him with like one health point left.
7. Presidio. After dying a few times, I took the hint and leveled up.
6. Gortez. Another one health point win.
5. Fin and Armada. Just pulled through after defeating the Armada captain with no companions left.
4. Governor Nakamura. The final battle destroyed me. Being new to Mooshu, it was extremely difficult at first.
3. Old Chirp Place. I went through this battle like fifteen times before winning.
2. Motherlode Mine. Hardest. Battle. Ever.
1. Wreck of the Victory. I may not have done it yet, but the rumors I've heard are terrifying.

Clever Sam Jones
In final battle with Rooke DO NOT use musketeers or Witchdoctors! Best bet - go with your best Buccaneers or swashies!

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Thank you,
No problem

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
In final battle with Rooke DO NOT use musketeers or Witchdoctors! Best bet - go with your best Buccaneers or swashies!
Thanks for the advice! Never fear, my main character is a swashy. You might be able to tell from all the rapier's.
Clever Sam Jones

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
none! because all of them I had friends, well except hysserick, bonnie saved my buns there. I was toasting them over the fire to make a grilled cheese sandwich and I got killed, bonnie dived and saved them then shot hysserick and he died. no one was left but her, she had like one health left ... the grilled cheese was yummy.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
jesusfollower363 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
1.deacon and fin dungeon skull island on a ship probably lvl 10 took me many times main story
2.monkeys paw boss in monquista lvl 15 ish main story best to do with friends
3. marco pollo's grave valencia lvl 15 ish main story its hard to get to and hard to beat
4. miranda lvl 20 ish main story takes a long time
5. deacon motherload mine lvl 20 ish main story fun with a friend
6. rooke wreck of the victory lvl 50 something main story be aware he can move ur companions and i think can heal
7. ophidian palace lvl 63 main story btw 3 battles and u get a chicken at the end
8. maze entrance in aquila lvl 65 main story watch out every time a battle ends another begins and u dont have any space between them
9. the maze lvl 66 main story watch out at the end after making the minotaur fall in the hole u have to beat his three sons and every time u beat one of them whoevers left grows bigger and gets stronger
10. beechhead lvl 50 something main story hardest one ever be sure to get rid of the battle angels and marines and things before attacking the boss he has leech and can heal using that
You were in the twenties when you fought Deacon? I was level 35, or 36, or something, and got DESTROYED.