Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revised "Young Nick Ransom" Quest Idea

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
From the old Pirate101 days before the Skull Island Expansion arrived, we had Jack's former questline that only consists of saving Young Nick from the old former Red Claw Gang.

Though it, like the former Moe and Manny questlines that were mere errand quests, was a bit fun, I think these portions of the former quest should be reinstated to the game and revised into a different situation as a side quest, but with an additional NPC that is a father to Young Nick with Mother McCree, sort of like a family of Wharf Rats settling in a new life in their newly settled house on Blood Shoals after years of piracy that brought that family plenty of wealth to live out the rest of their years in peace.

Mind you, Pirates, I'm not saying to bring back the old quest in it's entirety, but to revise it into a better fitting side quest for Blood Shoals.

The situation of their family in the revised quest is this, a family of Wharf Rats have begun to settle in for their new life on Blood Shoals, but out of nowhere, a group of scaly beasts have ransacked their home and absconded with their son, Young Nick, to make him as part of their many meals as "Rodent Stew" to their ceremonial feasting ritual that they hold once every 25 years, and they change locations throughout tradition. They chose Blood Shoals as their next site for the feast, but they were short on food, presumably rodents that sailed to Blood Shoals. With Young Nick as part of the meal, they would begin the feast, and thus, his parents were thrown into despair. Though the feast hadn't begun yet, the group was led by one of the rare Dinolizards that can talk, posing as their tribe leader, to commence the other Dinolizards to begin the feast, but the leader proposed a ransom to the family in exchange for their son, bargaining them with their endless supplies of Gold to last them for many years. The family had been broke after they spent much of their savings to prepare for their years of retirement, and were panicked to the brink of their breakdown. However, hope shines on their dark hour of need, as the PC arrives, Young Nick's father tells the PC and their crew of their situation, and sets off to save their son from being "lizard food".

The PC would then defeat as much Dinolizards as they can, because one of them holds the Key to unlock the door to their feasting chamber as the Scaly Warren's new instance, located in a new corridor in that Zone, that consists of one Boss that is the Dinolizards' talking tribe leader, and we would engage in a familiar Epic Battle, which would consist of freeing Young Nick from being thrown into the pot before defeating their leader that ends the battle. The PC defeats the leader, their feast is foiled, and the tribe leaves their site to never return again. We rescue Young Nick, return him to his parents, their family is saved, and their years of retirement can begin anew.

Whew! That's my idea for the new Blood Shoals side quest. What do you think?

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"There's more of 'em, protect young Nick!" is a quote that chills my blood even now. Considering that young Nick didn't have the sense of a Dodo to stay away from battle! Please let this quest die!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
If those of you who have been through that quest miss that, my idea for it would help bring it back and it would be greatly revised to make it a new side quest in Blood Shoals.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 20, 2014 wrote:
"There's more of 'em, protect young Nick!" is a quote that chills my blood even now. Considering that young Nick didn't have the sense of a Dodo to stay away from battle! Please let this quest die!
I was only suggesting that portions of that former quest should be revised into a new and different side quest in Blood Shoals. It can't be as bad as what you described, can't it?

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
I, personally, want the old quests back. You know, 'Saving Young Nick, 'Giving back the Locket', and 'Paying Back Scuttles'. They seemed so much more realistic, so much more possible. I mean, think of the odds of three wharf rats being in the same room, and all of those rats being part of near-mythical adventures.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MarleybonePatriot on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
I, personally, want the old quests back. You know, 'Saving Young Nick, 'Giving back the Locket', and 'Paying Back Scuttles'. They seemed so much more realistic, so much more possible. I mean, think of the odds of three wharf rats being in the same room, and all of those rats being part of near-mythical adventures.
I feel that you personally miss them, but they had to reform these quests into more better adventures.

We got a side quest from Uncle Scuttles, but maybe the 'Paying Back Scuttles' bit could be revised into a new follow-up side quest to that one. Wouldn't that be interesting?

As for the 'Giving back the Locket' bit, that's already been reworked into a true side quest. I've been through the old one and the new one, and honestly, I like that one just the way it is today. Sure, I do miss that old one, but I wouldn't settle for better new changes.

The 'Saving Young Nick' bit that you said, should really be revised into an all new different side quest. It's is a pity that they had to toss that to heavily rework Moe's quest to include Captain Gordon and rework the Red Claw faction from the ground up, but what they've done is fine with me. Still, I would like to see that 'Saving Young Nick' bit revised into one of Blood Shoals' side quests.

Many of us do miss these old quests, but the P101 team had to make big changes, & let me tell you, it was worth them doing it and the wait.