Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What happened to sleep tokens?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
All my companions are awake since the update. I have too many weak ones I dont want to use. How do I drop them or put them back to sleep?

Administrator
Astro0001 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
All my companions are awake since the update. I have too many weak ones I dont want to use. How do I drop them or put them back to sleep?
Hi! You will definitely want to read up on Advanced Companions, as quite a bit has changed:

This update also brings the culmination of the Companion system - benching tokens are a thing of the past, and now your pirate can make every one of their Companions useful, regardless of the Companion's level or combat stats!

In addition to these upgrades, you’ll also notice changes in Companion management revolving around combat. By default the first three Companions on your roster will now always appear in combat, but these Companions suffer new consequences if they are defeated in battle. Companions can now be wounded, and they must either wait until they are fully healed or be cured by Miracle Mitch, a new NPC in Avery’s Court to get back in action quickly, but for a price.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Instead of putting them to sleep, put them to work (Pet Wranglin', etc). When they are at work, they can't show up in battles unless it is for their promotion plus you get the benefits of their labors.