Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add secret bosses to Pirate101!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
The Primitive Greatsword isn't as unique as Ratbeard says it is. I was checking the Bazaar for a weapon to go with a Cool Ranch costume I'd put together and I found a Bison weapon (Bison Warrior's Shield) that had the same sword, but as a smaller one-handed version that was paired with a Bison shield. Granted, the Primitive Greatsword is the only two-handed sword of its design, but since a similar model exists within the game I don't think it's fully custom. I am glad that I farmed for it though-- the sword is very cool.

Why does the Blood Lord need a Second Chance Chest? The fight can be over within five rounds if you plan it right and are above the intended level. It doesn't take long enough to justify a Second Chance Chest. And honestly, why should KI go to the trouble of creating dialogue for an enemy players may never encounter? I didn't know about the boss until I saw a post about it. I certainly never would have found him on my own unless I happened to stand too close to the tomb entrance.

I believe that there may be (or will be) another secret boss hidden somewhere in the Spiral. MooShu would be an excellent place to check, and Aquila. Perhaps there's something nasty hidden in Monquista? I believe it is time for me to go boss hunting! If you happen to see a Swashbuckler in blue randomly running into walls, take no notice.
The Bison Warrior's Shield is quite different from the Primitive Greatsword, that is to say, the weapons were, in that respective order, made from different materials by the Bisons & the Aztecosaurs that make it look the same but feel different, in terms of wielding them, thus, they can't be one & the same, by comparison. Plus, the stats on these weapons are quite different from the others, not the same. Think of this. The Primitive Greatsword is a bit too heavy for an individual to carry by only one hand alone, so it needed both hands to carry it, but the Bison Warrior's Shield's apparently familiar looking weapon that comes with it is not too heavy to carry it with one hand. Good for you on finding it, though.

That Aztecosaur Blood Lord that shares that name with others in different dungeons should have a Second Chance Chest because of it's unique custom loot drop. Just because that secret boss is hidden doesn't mean that it cannot be found & have dialogue for encountering it. Plus, it should be renamed to make it separate from the other Blood Lords that share that name & have a Badge for defeating that boss, like how W101's secret bosses do. Speaking of which, from what I've observed in Wizard101, the two secret bosses that have their Second Chance Chests right now are Smogger in W101's Marleybone's Dr. Katzenstein's Lab & Spike the Crusher after the battle in W101's Marleybone's Big Ben after I defeated them. It's true. After that, I found, battled, & defeated other available secret bosses in W101's different worlds, & found out that they don't have their Second Chance Chests, by far. W101's available secret bosses that don't have Second Chance Chests should have them, though, & I am quite sure P101's secret bosses should have them, too, both current & new.

I'm sure we'll see more secret bosses placed in Pirate101 sometime soon, & no doubt they'll be providing us additional challenges & unique rewards, including Badges with unique rewards with them & Second Chance Chests. Even the Tower of Moo Manchu could have a challenging secret boss implemented sometime soon. Good luck on your secret boss hunt!

Uh... thanks for the warning about that... I guess. I'll keep that in mind.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hey folks! I went to challenge the boss, the first time in ages, and I got the Primitive Greatsword on the first shot. It's a very nicely made weapon, SERIOUS KUDOS to Ratbeard for its design! I won't be using it, but I will keep it!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Trimond297 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
The Bison Warrior's Shield is quite different from the Primitive Greatsword, that is to say, the weapons were, in that respective order, made from different materials by the Bisons & the Aztecosaurs that make it look the same but feel different, in terms of wielding them, thus, they can't be one & the same, by comparison. Plus, the stats on these weapons are quite different from the others, not the same. Think of this. The Primitive Greatsword is a bit too heavy for an individual to carry by only one hand alone, so it needed both hands to carry it, but the Bison Warrior's Shield's apparently familiar looking weapon that comes with it is not too heavy to carry it with one hand. Good for you on finding it, though.

That Aztecosaur Blood Lord that shares that name with others in different dungeons should have a Second Chance Chest because of it's unique custom loot drop. Just because that secret boss is hidden doesn't mean that it cannot be found & have dialogue for encountering it. Plus, it should be renamed to make it separate from the other Blood Lords that share that name & have a Badge for defeating that boss, like how W101's secret bosses do. Speaking of which, from what I've observed in Wizard101, the two secret bosses that have their Second Chance Chests right now are Smogger in W101's Marleybone's Dr. Katzenstein's Lab & Spike the Crusher after the battle in W101's Marleybone's Big Ben after I defeated them. It's true. After that, I found, battled, & defeated other available secret bosses in W101's different worlds, & found out that they don't have their Second Chance Chests, by far. W101's available secret bosses that don't have Second Chance Chests should have them, though, & I am quite sure P101's secret bosses should have them, too, both current & new.

I'm sure we'll see more secret bosses placed in Pirate101 sometime soon, & no doubt they'll be providing us additional challenges & unique rewards, including Badges with unique rewards with them & Second Chance Chests. Even the Tower of Moo Manchu could have a challenging secret boss implemented sometime soon. Good luck on your secret boss hunt!

Uh... thanks for the warning about that... I guess. I'll keep that in mind.
Regarding the Bison Warrior's Shield, I wasn't speaking of stats but of appearance. Of course they're totally different, one's lvl 10+ and one's lvl 35+! I just noticed similarities in design, since I like to pay attention to details.

And it is logical for Smogger and Spike the Crusher to have SCC's because they're hidden in dungeons, which can take a while to complete. I remember the time I went through Big Ben, I spilled the milk since I didn't know what would happen and had a rather difficult enemy to face as a consequence. I defeated him, got my badge, and a decent loot drop. I had no idea that he was a secret boss until a friend told me he's optional. A secret boss hidden in a dungeon that may take 30+ minutes to complete is justified in having a Second Chance Chest. A boss hidden in an instance that takes 3-5 minutes (at max level) is not.

I think a badge for defeating Mr. Blood Lord is a good idea, and I'm starting to warm up to the idea of him having dialogue and a name. I've been calling him Mr. Blood Lord since I found him... *cough* please, Ratbeard *cough*I know it's silly, but it would make me laugh every time I thought about it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
warriorscreed on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey folks! I went to challenge the boss, the first time in ages, and I got the Primitive Greatsword on the first shot. It's a very nicely made weapon, SERIOUS KUDOS to Ratbeard for its design! I won't be using it, but I will keep it!
You're quite lucky to get that weapon on your first try. I got mine after a few tries. Such an amazing custom weapon, indeed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
Regarding the Bison Warrior's Shield, I wasn't speaking of stats but of appearance. Of course they're totally different, one's lvl 10+ and one's lvl 35+! I just noticed similarities in design, since I like to pay attention to details.

And it is logical for Smogger and Spike the Crusher to have SCC's because they're hidden in dungeons, which can take a while to complete. I remember the time I went through Big Ben, I spilled the milk since I didn't know what would happen and had a rather difficult enemy to face as a consequence. I defeated him, got my badge, and a decent loot drop. I had no idea that he was a secret boss until a friend told me he's optional. A secret boss hidden in a dungeon that may take 30+ minutes to complete is justified in having a Second Chance Chest. A boss hidden in an instance that takes 3-5 minutes (at max level) is not.

I think a badge for defeating Mr. Blood Lord is a good idea, and I'm starting to warm up to the idea of him having dialogue and a name. I've been calling him Mr. Blood Lord since I found him... *cough* please, Ratbeard *cough*I know it's silly, but it would make me laugh every time I thought about it.
Ok. I was only stating my opinion. I already know they're different.

You were quite surprised to find Big Ben's secret boss without knowing it, almost like I have when I did the same. I can still remember that, too. I already know secret bosses are supposed to be hidden in dungeons. That what makes these bosses so interestingly challenging & worth the amazing rewards.

In my perspective, secret bosses should have Second Chance Chests because of their custom loot, even if they take a while to find or otherwise. W101's secret bosses in Aquila, from what I know of, don't have their Second Chance Chests right now. Well, they have such good loot drops that I think they should have them. I'm just saying.

Well, that boss does have a different appearance compared to the others, if you look a little closer, that is, so I also feel that he should have a name, too & a Badge for defeating it. Your thoughts of that boss' name is quite funny, but just so you know, it is up to the P101 team to come up with a name for that boss.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Ratbeard on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
As much as I enjoy watching this loot-hunt spectacle, I'll save you further frustration and confirm that it is the Primitive Greatsword. (I used the last milestone to review, and tweak, its drop rate.)

It's not "bugged" without a weapon type-- think of it as a "weapon blank."

It has nice damage for its level, and has no talent or class requirements.

This has been such fun that I think I'll do it again... maybe sneak something else new into the next milestone...
The next milestone? I would have thought that to have been the tower, but then you spoke of some super-secret thing... I know there's an armada update coming, but what more could there be? Might we be seeing Darkmoore soon? Oooh, can we have secret companions? Like, once we do certain tasks and fight certain enemies, they randomly say "You're a pretty cool dude" and join you?

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
1) There's at least one optional, secret boss already in the game...

2) ... and he has a custom weapon drop,

3) ... and I have never seen a player using it.

For obvious reasons, most of the content in the game requires a World Designer or Quest Designer to get involved.

But if somebody just leaves an empty tomb sitting around, and a certain somebody else is in charge of enemies and loot, then that certain somebody might be inclined to stick a boss and some custom loot there.
"But if somebody just leaves an empty tomb sitting around, and a certain somebody else is in charge of enemies and loot, then that certain somebody might be inclined to stick a boss and some custom loot there."

lol what?

Sincerely,
Torchic51 aka...
Fair Hunter Walker, level 22 musketeer

I like Torchics
How can you be reading this? wait whaaaat?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I'd like to try adding some secret bosses to the game that would help players farm.

Skull Island---

Meet Mr. Conroy, a rogue Scurvy dog outlaw. He's on the loose and hasn't been caught.

MR. CONROY
Level 15 Scurvy Dog Outlaw
-------------------------------------------
Relentless
Blade Storm X2
HP: 452

Monquista---

Meet Tres Tantos, a Monquistan officer who's on patrol for a certain pirate. And he means you.

TRES TANTOS
Level 16 Monquistan Officer
-------------------------------------------
Hold the Line X2
Repel Boarders
Turn the Tide

Dragonspyre---

Meet Stormburner Drakasmo, a captain for the Dragonspyre Army who was vanquished by the Dragon Titan. He now roams Avernus preying on anyone who dares attack him.

STORMBURNER DRAKASMO
Level 49 Dragonspyre Captain
-----------------------------------------------
Quick Adjust X2
Double Tap X2

Valencia---

Meet Sir Exterminus, leader of the Vanguard Squadron. He guards the entrance to East Valencia Skyway.

SIR EXTERMINUS
Level 14 Armada Dragoon
------------------------------------------
Turn the Tide X2
Hold the Line
Blade Storm

Cool Ranch---

Meet Quigley Red Sash, the founder of the Red Sash Gang who hides out near the McGee Mine. He's a bad man.

QUIGLEY RED SASH
Level 34 Red Sash Commander
-------------------------------------------------
Overwatch
Double Tap X2

MooShu---

Meet Shirei Ekusutaminētā, the top leader of the Amber Horde next to the Khan. Don't get too close.

SHIREI EKUSUTAMINETA
Level 46 Amber Horde
--------------------------------------
Vengeance Strike X2
Blade Storm

Those are my secret bosses, courtesy of Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Listen up. Ratbeard did say that he may sneak something new into the next milestone, so be sure to be on the lookout for what Ratbeard may have sneakily placed in the next milestone, preferably another secret boss for us to find and battle. I'll be sure to find what he may have placed in the next milestone, too. Be sure to keep your eyes out for what he may have placed in, pirates! The secret boss hunt spectacle may be on again soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
If anybody finds more new secret bosses that may be added in that recent update, please speak up. Ratbeard really enjoyed the secret boss hunt spectacle we were on a while ago, so I don't know if he's added more like that one in the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine's Cave Tomb, yet, we may find more of them like that one. Just got to keep an eye out for more secret bosses that may be added in. Be on the lookout.

I like having secret bosses in Wizard101, though, I would like to see more secret bosses in Pirate101 with new Badges by defeating them. Would like to see more special rewards from these secret bosses.

That secret boss in the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine should have a Badge added by defeating it, along with a different name, & a Second Chance Chest, too, because of it's unique weapon loot drop, the Primitive Greatsword. Secret bosses that have unique loot drops should have Second Chance Chests so Pirates can get their unique loot drops they wish to get again and again.

Having more secret bosses added to Pirate101 would bring out more hidden opponents to fight and many more of their special rewards to gain. I would even see a new secret boss added to the Tower of Moo Manchu gauntlet. May be very interesting if that gauntlet gets a challenging new secret boss added.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I did not know this was a secret boss, don't you have to fight him anyway for Mormo's promotion quest?

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
How come he is a secret boss if he is already in a quest though? That does not make sense.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
cat25529 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
How come he is a secret boss if he is already in a quest though? That does not make sense.
Is that for a specific companion promotion quest? If so, that's unusual. Even so, I didn't notice that before. I was requesting to see more new challenging secret bosses with custom rewards & Badges after their defeat added to Pirate101. Wizard101's got secret bosses, so I felt that Pirate101 should have more of them, too.

Did anyone else noticed this?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hey... I had an interesting thought about how to reach the secret bosses in Pirate101, should there be more secret bosses added someday.

Listen, since Wizard101's recent update that included 4 new dungeons, these dungeons contained secret bosses, however, they also implemented a more interesting way to reach these bosses. It was the well-received concept of the Skeleton Keys! These different Skeleton Keys that are dropped by defeating regular bosses in these new dungeons unlock the different Skeleton Locks placed in front of the select rooms' doors in these 4 new dungeons, & while some of these unlock rooms that contain hidden loot chests, they also unlock select rooms that contained secret bosses, & these bosses had amazing unique loot drops, including pets & mounts.

That idea of finding secret bosses through using the Skeleton Keys got really interesting, & it was very amazing that the W101 team did that! I enjoyed it a lot! I think they may do that again in more new dungeons, maybe even towards the upcoming Major Story Arc Three's dungeons. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Well, anyway, you know, I think the P101 team may follow that exact well favored approach & implement the Skeleton Key concept in this game's available dungeons & gauntlets & even new ones, too, while adding more new secret bosses to these there, especially the Tower of Moo Manchu. Would you like to see these amazing Skeleton Keys carried over to P101 & use them to find secret bosses in dungeons & gauntlets? I would like to obtain these from Pirate101's bosses & use these Skeleton Keys dropped by normal bosses to find secret bosses & perhaps amazing hidden loot treasure chests in select rooms that have the Skeleton Locks in front of their doors in available dungeons & gauntlets. Who would like to find such amazing hidden loot & challenging secret bosses by using these Skeleton Keys dropped by normal bosses in P101's dungeons & gauntlets to unlock hidden rooms that contains either a secret boss or a treasure loot chest?

That would be exciting to see that made in Pirate101, would it? I know it would. We would be excited, too, to see that, even me. Please think about this, Pirates & P101 team!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Now, I've been thinking of a few particular places in previous dungeons that could harbor a place to fight a secret boss, & I know some places that could do to add in new secret bosses.

That open cave in the Castillo Sapo dungeon, behind the fortress of Santa Rana's, that could be a proper place to add a secret boss. These open halls in the Master's Lair in the Skull Cap Cove, at least one of them with the large sea creature-like statue, one of these open halls could do well to place a secret boss there. The cave near Ordaz in the Water Mole Village in the Valley of the Gold Monkey, that could be a perfect place to hold a secret boss, & I'm thinking that it would be a Katipo shade variation of a Water Mole Sumo. That other ladder with the trap door in the ceiling in the Marie Celestia's Hold to the left there, it could be a good place to have a secret boss, once the piles of junk blocking it's way gets cleared up, of course.

If anybody else can think of a place in a past instance that could be a good spot to add in a secret boss or secret bosses, just say your thoughts here. If you think that some of the places would make use of using Skeleton Keys to unlock the secret bosses' hidden chambers, should there be more new ones placed there, I'm all up for it.

The one thing I really like about secret bosses, other than them posing a tougher challenge & having custom loot drops with SCCs, they bring out some hidden bits of the game's storyline that made well for hidden surprise plot twist tidbits that left us surprised.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
cat25529 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
I did not know this was a secret boss, don't you have to fight him anyway for Mormo's promotion quest?
To be honest, I believe that is a boss you fight for Mormo's promotion quest. I made a little mistake. The Aztecosaur Blood Lord in the Cave Tomb is not the secret boss. Lord Mixcoatl in the Temple of Toloc is. Oops! Sorry if I made that mistake. I just didn't know about that before & it was right in front of me the whole time. Though, I did enjoy getting the Primitive Greatsword from that Aztecosaur Blood Lord in the Cave Tomb. Fine custom weapon, indeed.

That said, Lord Mixcoatl should have dialogue added for before & after battle once we find him, along with a Second Chance Chest added for after his defeat, because I believe he drops some unique loot in his loot table like the Spider Ring & the Heart of Oak Helmet, from what I've read.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Oct 11, 2014 wrote:
The next milestone? I would have thought that to have been the tower, but then you spoke of some super-secret thing... I know there's an armada update coming, but what more could there be? Might we be seeing Darkmoore soon? Oooh, can we have secret companions? Like, once we do certain tasks and fight certain enemies, they randomly say "You're a pretty cool dude" and join you?
I would be very interested to have new companions by defeating more new secret bosses many times, almost like Gortez.