Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add secret bosses to Pirate101!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Ratbeard on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
1) There's at least one optional, secret boss already in the game...

2) ... and he has a custom weapon drop,

3) ... and I have never seen a player using it.

For obvious reasons, most of the content in the game requires a World Designer or Quest Designer to get involved.

But if somebody just leaves an empty tomb sitting around, and a certain somebody else is in charge of enemies and loot, then that certain somebody might be inclined to stick a boss and some custom loot there.
i think i know the one your talking about is it the Azteca blood lord in the gold mine in the cave tomb? heres a link http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Creature:Aztecosaur_Blood_Lord_(Cave_Tomb)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
i think i know what your talking about, on a earlier post someone talked about it, ive been there but have yet t get anything good, isn't he the one in the isle of doom? you can walk in there with no problem and you mentioned he had secret loot.
His name is Lord Mixcotal. He is in the Temple of Toloc in the Scurvy Dog Hideout in the Mysterious Tunnels behind a FAKE door. Go right through it, and you will be able to fight him in a Isle of Doom-esque environment. If you HAVE NOT bought the Gold Mine or the Isle of Doom, you will need to pay crowns to fight him. He is level 29. He is pretty powerful for his level, and he hit my best swashbucklers a few times as well, so I recommend you be at least level 30-40 to fight him squarely. Any higher levels will be fine. No special drops yet as well for me yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
i think i know the one your talking about is it the Azteca blood lord in the gold mine in the cave tomb? heres a link http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Creature:Aztecosaur_Blood_Lord_(Cave_Tomb)
Link goes to an empty page. Well a page with no Wiki text. Do you have another?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Actually NO female bosses, except the Salt Witch ( La Llona ) in Haunted Skyway. Ok, Madea and the Gracea in Aquila count too, but are they Bosses who drop unique gear? Why no female bosses? Do we have to wait until we confront the Lady Elite for one?
What about Zeena?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Actually NO female bosses, except the Salt Witch ( La Llona ) in Haunted Skyway. Ok, Madea and the Gracea in Aquila count too, but are they Bosses who drop unique gear? Why no female bosses? Do we have to wait until we confront the Lady Elite for one?
I think you misunderstood. Finnigan mentioned there aren't any female secret bosses. There are at least some normal female bosses right now, so, don't worry about that.

Ensign
Jan 01, 2013
Will you plese make a pokemon boss that drops a poke ball sorde .

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
rp50000 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Will you plese make a pokemon boss that drops a poke ball sorde .
Stick to the subject, ok?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
warriorscreed on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
His name is Lord Mixcotal. He is in the Temple of Toloc in the Scurvy Dog Hideout in the Mysterious Tunnels behind a FAKE door. Go right through it, and you will be able to fight him in a Isle of Doom-esque environment. If you HAVE NOT bought the Gold Mine or the Isle of Doom, you will need to pay crowns to fight him. He is level 29. He is pretty powerful for his level, and he hit my best swashbucklers a few times as well, so I recommend you be at least level 30-40 to fight him squarely. Any higher levels will be fine. No special drops yet as well for me yet.
I think you don't have to go through a fake door, or I don't even remember there ever being a fake door that leads to Lord Mixcotal, because I think there are one of these Aztecosaur Totems that opens Lord Mixcotal's door, and if one of those particular Totems can be found and activated, his door can be opened and he will be waiting for you.

At least... that's what I sort of remember. I didn't pay any attention to it while I was venturing through the Mysterious Tunnels for the first time. Anyone else ring a bell to this?

This led me to thinking... if Lord Mixcotal does indeed drop his own custom loot, believing that he may be that secret boss, then maybe he should have his own Second Chance Chest that should appear after we defeat him. Anyone would agree to this thought?

Also, I think he doesn't have any dialogue lines for before we fight him and after we defeat him.

I think Lord Mixcotal should have a Badge that comes with a unique reward after we defeat him, because if he is that forementioned secret boss, then he should have a badge by defeating him, and I think it would be called "Mixcotal Masher".

Those are my thoughts of how Lord Mixcotal should be rewarding after battle. Anyone likes these ideas? Hope the P101 team thinks of this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
What about Zeena?
Lol, I know I always forget her, because she's a companion now.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I think you don't have to go through a fake door, or I don't even remember there ever being a fake door that leads to Lord Mixcotal, because I think there are one of these Aztecosaur Totems that opens Lord Mixcotal's door, and if one of those particular Totems can be found and activated, his door can be opened and he will be waiting for you.

At least... that's what I sort of remember. I didn't pay any attention to it while I was venturing through the Mysterious Tunnels for the first time. Anyone else ring a bell to this?

This led me to thinking... if Lord Mixcotal does indeed drop his own custom loot, believing that he may be that secret boss, then maybe he should have his own Second Chance Chest that should appear after we defeat him. Anyone would agree to this thought?

Also, I think he doesn't have any dialogue lines for before we fight him and after we defeat him.

I think Lord Mixcotal should have a Badge that comes with a unique reward after we defeat him, because if he is that forementioned secret boss, then he should have a badge by defeating him, and I think it would be called "Mixcotal Masher".

Those are my thoughts of how Lord Mixcotal should be rewarding after battle. Anyone likes these ideas? Hope the P101 team thinks of this.
Well, it most likely isn't the secret boss Ratbeard was hinting to, unless of course he drops a custom weapon nobody has even heard of. Then again, Mixcoatl does not use any weapons during this fight. I knew that I encountered one of these secret bosses several times, and Mixcoatl was one of them. Unfortunately, all my pirates were questing in Skull Island a LONG time ago, so I can't remember all my encounters there.

But I do agree, they should give us a badge for finding him! That would get a bit more people curious to get that badge.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:

You can either just walk through the wall, with the "lit up" Aztecosaur door panel or use a totem to access Lord Mixcoatl- but you don't have to use the totem, at least if you are just farming him. I recently farmed him and you can just pass through the wall to get to him. I don't know if you can just walk through the wall if you have not yet completed the quest An Archaic Curiosity and subsequent quest, The Idol of Toloc that requires you to enter the Temple of Toloc- or if they aren't yet completed you have to use the totem to gain access to Lord Mixcoatl.

But in my farming attempts it just takes walking into and through the wall without having to use a Totem first, in order to reach him. You do still have to invoke the 1st Quest Directive Totem in the initial level of The Temple, during the The Idol of Toloc quest- in order to be able to gain access to the second level of the Temple of Toloc, but once in there you can pass right through the wall, without having to use one of the smaller non-quest Totems that also opens the passage in the wall where he is located. At least this has been my experience in regards to this.

I guess we would have to see if he is indeed the aforementioned Secret Boss before considering if he warrants his own SCC. In my opinion I would say that he doesn't only because Lord Mixcoatl is an optional boss that isn't part of the Storyline and it isn't necessary to interact with him at all in the scope of the game, seeing as he isn't directly related to any quests- main or side. Not to say that I wouldn't be for him having one....that is if he turns out to be the "one we are looking for" in the first place. I guess time will tell.

But I do agree that whomever ends up being this "Secret Boss" (or any others that may end up being revealed in the future) should also unveil a new badge for your character to proudly display.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
People are saying it's Lord Mixcoatl of Temple of Toloc in Mysterious Tunnel of Scurvy Dog Island. He IS in a room that was hidden by a fake door that you walk through. The room IS not located on the map. But he's not confirmed. Nobody has gotten a custom weapon from him yet.

However, he's a dinosaur, so what weapon could he possibly drop?

PS: I agree with Chrissy. Hidden bosses is a nice bonus, yes. However, I really want to get back to the main story. I'm chomping at the bit to visit new worlds and see where the story goes. There has already been a delay because of the new pet area. So honestly I would rather the designers to focus on new worlds and expanding the main story line.
Honestly, I am very eager for more main storyline adventures, for I wish to find the Toymaker in Valencia and learn how to stop Kane and the Armada before they can try to take the El Dorado Map Pieces from us & find the rest of them. I'm very certain that the Armada will figure out we have the Map Pieces on the move one way or another. It might happen, you know.

Other than that, Kelsey, I know you want to continue the main story, as do I very much, but I was asking for more secret bosses & hope that they would add that in with more main story adventures... if they would do so, of course.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
People are saying it's Lord Mixcoatl of Temple of Toloc in Mysterious Tunnel of Scurvy Dog Island. He IS in a room that was hidden by a fake door that you walk through. The room IS not located on the map. But he's not confirmed. Nobody has gotten a custom weapon from him yet.

However, he's a dinosaur, so what weapon could he possibly drop?

PS: I agree with Chrissy. Hidden bosses is a nice bonus, yes. However, I really want to get back to the main story. I'm chomping at the bit to visit new worlds and see where the story goes. There has already been a delay because of the new pet area. So honestly I would rather the designers to focus on new worlds and expanding the main story line.
Thank you for the affirmation.
I don't think the game improvements delayed the content expansion. They are doing it this way on purpose. They have stated that alternating updates with content and improvement is a planned method of keeping the game tweaked and at it's best as it grows.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'm not too sure anymore if Lord Mixcoatl is the secret boss. His lair suits the needs of a secret boss, being behind a hidden door, in a room that doesn't show up on the map. But, after farming him for awhile, I've noticed that he doesn't drop a unique boss chest.

Every boss we fight, whether a main quest line boss, or a side boss drops a chest that appears different from his minions at the end of the fight. I'm not talking about the second chance chest, but the actual chests dropped by the mobs. I've noticed the boss chest is usually more intricately decorated than the other chests, and stands out from the other chests.

But, Loard Mixcoatl does not have one of these different boss chests, the chest he drops appears the exact same as the chests dropped by his minions. Now, I will continue to farm him just in case, but I think we should also continue checking other tombs and tomb like areas for other secret bosses.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I'm not too sure anymore if Lord Mixcoatl is the secret boss. His lair suits the needs of a secret boss, being behind a hidden door, in a room that doesn't show up on the map. But, after farming him for awhile, I've noticed that he doesn't drop a unique boss chest.

Every boss we fight, whether a main quest line boss, or a side boss drops a chest that appears different from his minions at the end of the fight. I'm not talking about the second chance chest, but the actual chests dropped by the mobs. I've noticed the boss chest is usually more intricately decorated than the other chests, and stands out from the other chests.

But, Loard Mixcoatl does not have one of these different boss chests, the chest he drops appears the exact same as the chests dropped by his minions. Now, I will continue to farm him just in case, but I think we should also continue checking other tombs and tomb like areas for other secret bosses.
I agree Scarlet. There have been a loooot of people farming him ever since Ratbeard hinted at a secret boss in the game. Surely I would think that we would have discovered something unique, ultra rare or the 'custom' weapon that he eluded to. With that many pirates farming him, something should have revealed itself by now, if Lord Mixcoatl happens to be that 'secret boss'.

And you're right, the area he can be found fits perfectly with what you would think a secret boss's lair would look like. I think that is why so many people were so certain that he just had to be the secret boss- it seemed to make perfect sense. I vaguely recall at least one other enemy that I stumbled upon that was in a room or tomb that didn't show up on a map, but I can't remember where or whom this enemy was- for some reason I am thinking it was in MooShu. But clearly that doesn't help at all.

I guess we will just have to systematically go through all locations of all worlds, unless someone gets another pretty logical hunch based on the scenario seeming to fall in line with what we would expect from a location containing a 'secret boss'. Hopefully someone will stumble upon this boss or at least a location that seems to raise some suspicions and fit the bill of housing a secret boss.

But I sure do enjoy a good mystery and engaging in some fun, explorative detective work. As I would imagine that this would appeal to the scientist in you, Scarlet, with facts and data gathering and using the process of elimination and deduction to narrow down this elusive Secret Boss.

Well off to MooShu to try to shock my memory!

Ensign
Jan 01, 2013
But it's a good idea and the sord give's you a yevetle as a pet. lvl 54.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
rp50000 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
But it's a good idea and the sord give's you a yevetle as a pet. lvl 54.
Please, just stay on topic, OK?

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Holy, HOLY COW, I just realized who it is! The boss is Moo Manchu! Here's all the reasons:

1. Ratbeard said that the boss has a custom weapon drop, and Manchu has a wand plus a hat, outfit, and boots.

2. Everyone is saying that the boss is located in a tomb, Manchu is in a tomb.

3. Pirate101 never says how to get the Savior of Mooshu badge, which is pretty secretive and suspicious.

4. There might be a quest that wants you to defeat him, but you have to do a few other quests to get the Moo Manchu quest.

5. If you read these facts correctly, they all add up to Moo Manchu being the secret boss!

Please Yar! me if you agree, or reply to correct me or disagree.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Griffin Armstrong on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Holy, HOLY COW, I just realized who it is! The boss is Moo Manchu! Here's all the reasons:

1. Ratbeard said that the boss has a custom weapon drop, and Manchu has a wand plus a hat, outfit, and boots.

3. Pirate101 never says how to get the Savior of Mooshu badge, which is pretty secretive and suspicious.

4. There might be a quest that wants you to defeat him, but you have to do a few other quests to get the Moo Manchu quest.

5. If you read these facts correctly, they all add up to Moo Manchu being the secret boss!

Hi Griffin, welcome to the message boards. I am not sure if I think along the same lines. If it is a secret boss then I doubt it would be in the main quest line or even a side quest. I think this boss is in a tomb that we can access but there are no indicators that it is even there. We will find it by just stumbling into it. It sure makes me look suspiciously at any tomb I see now.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
? Yeah, you're probably right Chrissy. I was thinking that everything I said led to Moo Manchu, but what you said makes sense. Thanks for welcoming too btw!

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
My problem with Moo Manchu being the secret boss it that Ratbeard said he has never seen a player wearing the secret weapon. And every other maxed witchdoctor I see is wearing Moo's wand...

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
We've already established that this secret boss is somewhere in a tomb. Well, I just recently went to St. Fido's Church in Port Regal, and one of the dungeons there is considered a tomb. Furthermore, once down into the tomb, there is a central room, but there are hallways circling around the main room. But for some odd reason, there's one "corner/section" of the outer hallways that is blocked from both sides, and it's not possible to see past the corners. This got me thinking...what if there's a secret way to get into that section? It's a long shot, but there COULD be a way in. I looked around, but I haven't thoroughly investigated. Maybe some of you would like to check it out? It's considered a dungeon of sort, though it isn't long....it's possible a secret boss is around the corner.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I am making a plea here, but Ratbeard, please give us a Blind Mew-like hint or even a riddle to help us out.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
What I would like to know for a hint is if doing any side quests are necessary. I think it would hugely help if all we had to do is the main quest and this secret boss would be available. And there would be less locations I would have to search...

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Griffin Armstrong on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

Moo Manchu is most definitely not a secret boss, as there's a whole entire questline dedicated to him and he also has dialouge as well, not to mention that a couple of companion promotions require us to go and talk to him in order for them to get promoted to their next tier (Mormo is one example of these kinds of companions just fyi). Also, the Nefarious Tower that's currently on the test realm basically continues where the whole Moo Manchu storyline left off at, and most likely we'll be seeing him again afterwards as well.

Tl;dr: Moo Manchu is more of a recurring side quest villain than a secret boss, since not only does he confirm that General Tso was working for him, but he's also required for multiple companion promotions as well, such as Mormo's for example, so there's that at least.