Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add secret bosses to Pirate101!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Is there anymore news on this subject? I'm still searching pretty avidly, but nothing yet.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
(My first ever message on the board)
Anyways, I've been playing P101 for quite a while and in Marleybone I don't know if this is considered a secret boss, but theres somewhere in the Isle Of Fetch when I was there and there lead to one of the stores with a packed out Kurgha tiger group, was pretty hard, yet I got a huge loot hoard out of it.
(if your wandering which store the name of it doesn't catch my mind at the moment.

Brave Wolf West, Level 62

Ensign
Jan 17, 2010
Nojow found one secret weapon named Primitive Greatsword from the tomb in the Gold Mine. It's bugged in not having a weapon type.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Anyways, I've been playing P101 for quite a while and in Marleybone I don't know if this is considered a secret boss, but theres somewhere in the Isle Of Fetch when I was there and there lead to one of the stores with a packed out Kurgha tiger group, was pretty hard, yet I got a huge loot hoard out of it.
(if your wandering which store the name of it doesn't catch my mind at the moment.

Welcome to the boards Wolf and congrats on your very first post!

I must say your username had me chucklin' a little bit. Just wanted to say "hello" and welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here and best of luck to you in the game!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Welcome to the message boards Wolf.
That may be a secret boss, I will have to check that one out, you have me very curious. The one they are talking about her, Ratbeard said that he put it in a conveniently empty tomb. So unless that was a tomb store I don't think it will solve this particular mystery.
You may have discovered a hidden gem for us all.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I'm glad to know there's nice people on the message boards since I'm new, I don't quite know anything or what to do on the website, but if its possible we can team up, I'm right around the part about Ulysses, (Oh and by the way I don't know how to showcase other peoples messages in mine or whatever but you know who you are!)

Brave Wolf West, Lvl 64 (or 65 by the time you read this)

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I aswell don't know if this is considered a secret boss too, but in Aquila there's a side quest which you fight this wolf boss I believe it was I did it a long time ago so yea, if you read this, please respond letting me know to consider something like that a secret boss, thanks!

Brave Wolf West Level 64 (Possibly 65 by the time you read this)

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
I aswell don't know if this is considered a secret boss too, but in Aquila there's a side quest which you fight this wolf boss I believe it was I did it a long time ago so yea, if you read this, please respond letting me know to consider something like that a secret boss, thanks!

I'm sorry, but secret bosses are bosses that don't have any sort of quests attached to them in order to fight them. Disklyos, the Orthrus boss that you speak of, is actually a side quest boss, and thus is not a secret boss in any shape of the word at all whatsoever, sorry.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Issac Newton on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Nojow found one secret weapon named Primitive Greatsword from the tomb in the Gold Mine. It's bugged in not having a weapon type.
I can also confirm this drop--I went and farmed Mr. Blood Lord after reading your post, Issac! Yes, it is the Primitive Greatsword, a level 10+ weapon with 40 base damage and a bonus from Strength. It can be used by all classes, is trade-able, and is No Auction. Sadly, I did not get a conformation screenshot because I was too shocked to hit the button!

As far as I can tell, the mysterious gold piles have absolutely nothing to do with the fight other than being there to activate. I received the sword just by defeating the Blood Lord and his three Aztecosaur Mummy friends.

The sword itself is like nothing I've ever seen. It is a very unique weapon, and I'm glad to have it! Thanks, Ratbeard!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I'm glad to know there's nice people on the message boards since I'm new, I don't quite know anything or what to do on the website, but if its possible we can team up, I'm right around the part about Ulysses, (Oh and by the way I don't know how to showcase other peoples messages in mine or whatever but you know who you are!)

Brave Wolf West, Lvl 64 (or 65 by the time you read this)
Just click on the word "Quote" that is right next to the "Yar". Also, if you have a lot to say, you get an extra 1000 characters by quoting someone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

If you mean the two headed wolf, the Diskylos, that is a side quest so wouldn't be considered a secret boss. Although being in a cave like that, it would be easy to mistake that for a tomb.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
I can also confirm this drop--I went and farmed Mr. Blood Lord after reading your post, Issac! Yes, it is the Primitive Greatsword, a level 10+ weapon with 40 base damage and a bonus from Strength. It can be used by all classes, is trade-able, and is No Auction. Sadly, I did not get a conformation screenshot because I was too shocked to hit the button!

As far as I can tell, the mysterious gold piles have absolutely nothing to do with the fight other than being there to activate. I received the sword just by defeating the Blood Lord and his three Aztecosaur Mummy friends.

The sword itself is like nothing I've ever seen. It is a very unique weapon, and I'm glad to have it! Thanks, Ratbeard!
Yes, and thanks Misty for showing me the place! I had been there before, I just hadn't realized it.

But there is something very interesting here, that I haven't quite figured out. There is a door on the other side of the entrance, and I figured that tapping each gold pile before winning the fight would open the door. I tried going in front of the door a couple of times after the fight with the gold piles removed, but it did not open. Perhaps another trigger in the room? While I was searching for the trigger, however, a friend asked me to help, and I did, but as I went to teleport away, I got the fascinating warning message that I was in a dungeon, and my progress would be lost.

Intriguing, no?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
If you mean the two headed wolf, the Diskylos, that is a side quest so wouldn't be considered a secret boss. Although being in a cave like that, it would be easy to mistake that for a tomb.
Orthros. The word you're looking for is "Orthros".

You're right. Others are trying to very well find that secret boss in a hinted tomb somewhere & battle it for that custom weapon Ratbeard mentioned. It's been a very tricky hunt to find that boss, but they're doing their best to find it.

If they find that boss & obtained that custom weapon, we'll know for sure to head there & do so.

Also, to further add, after going through the Tower of Moo Manchu, it should have a new optional & challenging secret boss added to that gauntlet, & that boss should be located in that tower's basement, complete with a Badge for defeating it & a Second Chance Chest of it's own for it's custom made loot. Would be nice to have a new secret boss added to the Tower of Moo Manchu for an additional challenge. I would like to see that happen.

Developer
As much as I enjoy watching this loot-hunt spectacle, I'll save you further frustration and confirm that it is the Primitive Greatsword. (I used the last milestone to review, and tweak, its drop rate.)

It's not "bugged" without a weapon type-- think of it as a "weapon blank."

It has nice damage for its level, and has no talent or class requirements.

This has been such fun that I think I'll do it again... maybe sneak something else new into the next milestone...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
As much as I enjoy watching this loot-hunt spectacle, I'll save you further frustration and confirm that it is the Primitive Greatsword. (I used the last milestone to review, and tweak, its drop rate.)

It's not "bugged" without a weapon type-- think of it as a "weapon blank."

It has nice damage for its level, and has no talent or class requirements.

This has been such fun that I think I'll do it again... maybe sneak something else new into the next milestone...
Hey, Ratbeard!

Guess what?

I did find that Primitive Greatsword, and, wouldn't you know it, it is dropped from that Aztecosaur Blood Lord as that game's one aforementioned secret boss, located in the Cave Tomb from the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine! It was almost like it was right in front of us all this time! How could we not see it after they spent much time looking for it? I even used it in combat against some Water Mole Rebels just to try it out.

If there are other players out there, your search is about to be over! And, for the P101Central Wiki contributors out there, I got the info you were looking for on that secret boss' loot drop! Go there and try it!

Though, I do suggest that boss would be having a name of it's own rather than just Aztecosaur Blood Lord, to tell that one apart from the others, it's health slightly increased to make it have more health than normal bosses, & dialogue lines for before & after we defeat it added, but, nevertheless, I have found that custom weapon & that secret boss, however, I would like to see that boss pull out at least a new nasty surprise on us, to make it more challenging.

Plus, that secret boss should definitely have a unique Badge & a Second Chance Chest of it's own after it's defeat. I'm sure there are others who are willing to wrestle that boss for it's weapon!

I'm willing to guess that you're planning to sneak in some new secret bosses with their own custom loot from time to time or something, eh? I would really like to see that happen!

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Trimond297 on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey, Ratbeard!

Guess what?

I did find that Primitive Greatsword, and, wouldn't you know it, it is dropped from that Aztecosaur Blood Lord as that game's one aforementioned secret boss, located in the Cave Tomb from the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine! It was almost like it was right in front of us all this time! How could we not see it after they spent much time looking for it? I even used it in combat against some Water Mole Rebels just to try it out.

If there are other players out there, your search is about to be over! And, for the P101Central Wiki contributors out there, I got the info you were looking for on that secret boss' loot drop! Go there and try it!

Though, I do suggest that boss would be having a name of it's own rather than just Aztecosaur Blood Lord, to tell that one apart from the others, it's health slightly increased to make it have more health than normal bosses, & dialogue lines for before & after we defeat it added, but, nevertheless, I have found that custom weapon & that secret boss, however, I would like to see that boss pull out at least a new nasty surprise on us, to make it more challenging.

Plus, that secret boss should definitely have a unique Badge & a Second Chance Chest of it's own after it's defeat. I'm sure there are others who are willing to wrestle that boss for it's weapon!

I'm willing to guess that you're planning to sneak in some new secret bosses with their own custom loot from time to time or something, eh? I would really like to see that happen!
If it had dialogue, a unique badge and a second chance chest, it wouldn't be much of a secret boss anymore!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Well um, from my standpoint.... Eh, your right Flash. Sorry for that mistake, I'm just currently running around Aquila looking for secret bosses so yea

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Thanks for letting me know Ratbeard! Great to know.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Just click on the word "Quote" that is right next to the "Yar". Also, if you have a lot to say, you get an extra 1000 characters by quoting someone.
Thanks. At first I was like, HOW do I work this contraption!!?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Friendly Jesse Pew on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
If it had dialogue, a unique badge and a second chance chest, it wouldn't be much of a secret boss anymore!
You think?

Well, I think these changes to that secret boss would make it a bit more unique, challenging & rewarding among the others, even the name change. Would you have it any other way?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
flash33 on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry, but secret bosses are bosses that don't have any sort of quests attached to them in order to fight them. Disklyos, the Orthrus boss that you speak of, is actually a side quest boss, and thus is not a secret boss in any shape of the word at all whatsoever, sorry.
That, and, it's, by far, got the highest amount of health for a side boss, or rather, A boss. Rather unusual for it.

When I fought it for the first time & saw it's health amount, I was shocked to see how much it has. Others that fought it the first time were also quite shocked to see that, too, no doubt.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
That, and, it's, by far, got the highest amount of health for a side boss, or rather, A boss. Rather unusual for it.

When I fought it for the first time & saw it's health amount, I was shocked to see how much it has. Others that fought it the first time were also quite shocked to see that, too, no doubt.
Nothing like this game for keeping ya on your toes

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Nothing like this game for keeping ya on your toes
Perhaps.

As they say, expect the unexpected.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

I don't like to burst your bubble, although, it would be interesting to see a secret boss hidden in one of the Isle of Fetch's stores someday, but I'm sorry to say there isn't one... not right now, at least. Nice chance of your deduction, though. I'm not exactly sure on how you somehow got into one of these stores, even if you did forget that store's name. I tried going there to find that boss there. Unfortunately, the stores' doors are apparently locked right now.

The secret boss' location is on the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine's Cave Tomb, the one boss that has it's custom loot drop, the Primitive Greatsword. I've been there & got that custom weapon & enjoyed it, although, that secret boss should be renamed, have some dialogue, & have a Second Chance Chest for players who wish to obtain that custom loot drop.

Ratbeard did enjoy the secret boss & custom loot-hunt spectacle, though. He had fun watching us find that secret boss with the custom loot drop, I'll give him that. He may whip up some more secret bosses & custom loot to start up the spectacle again as he spoke of. If that happens, we'll begin looking for more secret bosses like that one. I am eager to find more like it!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Trimond297 on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
I don't like to burst your bubble, although, it would be interesting to see a secret boss hidden in one of the Isle of Fetch's stores someday, but I'm sorry to say there isn't one... not right now, at least. Nice chance of your deduction, though. I'm not exactly sure on how you somehow got into one of these stores, even if you did forget that store's name. I tried going there to find that boss there. Unfortunately, the stores' doors are apparently locked right now.

The secret boss' location is on the Isle of Doom's Gold Mine's Cave Tomb, the one boss that has it's custom loot drop, the Primitive Greatsword. I've been there & got that custom weapon & enjoyed it, although, that secret boss should be renamed, have some dialogue, & have a Second Chance Chest for players who wish to obtain that custom loot drop.

Ratbeard did enjoy the secret boss & custom loot-hunt spectacle, though. He had fun watching us find that secret boss with the custom loot drop, I'll give him that. He may whip up some more secret bosses & custom loot to start up the spectacle again as he spoke of. If that happens, we'll begin looking for more secret bosses like that one. I am eager to find more like it!
The Primitive Greatsword isn't as unique as Ratbeard says it is. I was checking the Bazaar for a weapon to go with a Cool Ranch costume I'd put together and I found a Bison weapon (Bison Warrior's Shield) that had the same sword, but as a smaller one-handed version that was paired with a Bison shield. Granted, the Primitive Greatsword is the only two-handed sword of its design, but since a similar model exists within the game I don't think it's fully custom. I am glad that I farmed for it though-- the sword is very cool.

Why does the Blood Lord need a Second Chance Chest? The fight can be over within five rounds if you plan it right and are above the intended level. It doesn't take long enough to justify a Second Chance Chest. And honestly, why should KI go to the trouble of creating dialogue for an enemy players may never encounter? I didn't know about the boss until I saw a post about it. I certainly never would have found him on my own unless I happened to stand too close to the tomb entrance.

I believe that there may be (or will be) another secret boss hidden somewhere in the Spiral. MooShu would be an excellent place to check, and Aquila. Perhaps there's something nasty hidden in Monquista? I believe it is time for me to go boss hunting! If you happen to see a Swashbuckler in blue randomly running into walls, take no notice.