Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add secret bosses to Pirate101!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
If anyone can remember while playing Wizard101, the game contains secret bosses located in many of it's instance dungeons, which are said to be quite more threatening than normal bosses, and by performing certain secret actions that have been laid out in them, or by finding and reaching a secret chamber, or otherwise, a secret boss will be waiting for Wizards to battle and defeat, and by defeating them, they get to earn Badges from secret bosses. The secret bosses were very fun to have in Wizard101, so...

If the Pirate101 team can hear this, I think there should be secret bosses added to Pirate101's many instance dungeons. I don't think there are any of the secret bosses made in the game so far... not that I remember actually finding and defeating one, because I truly don't remember, from what I've ventured through in the game so far, that is. If I had, I would have had memorable times clashing them. Secret bosses in Pirate101 should have slightly more health than normal bosses, a few more cheats in them, and by defeating them, there should be new Badges with very special exclusive rewards in them, example being a new Crowns Shop Companion, and of course, they should only give out a higher Gold loot drop count than normal bosses do, but unlike all other normal bosses and regular enemies, they should not have the lowest amount of Gold dropped, just only the highest amount of Gold they could drop, in terms of their levels. Wouldn't it be fun to have secret bosses made in Pirate101? I would be quite excited to find and defeat them!

Pirate101 devs, if you've time to consider, please add in secret bosses to Pirate101. Wouldn't it be nice to have secret bosses in the game? Anyone else agrees to this idea?

Thanks for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well there are some really fun guys in Devilfish Hollow that are not part of any quest and give great pet stuff.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Well there are some really fun guys in Devilfish Hollow that are not part of any quest and give great pet stuff.
Nice to know, but, truly, they're just normal enemies. They don't count as real secret bosses, nor are they considered to be secret bosses. What I truly mean is that there should be secret bosses placed in many of Pirate101's dungeons. Wizard101's got them, so I think that Pirate101 should have them added, too. I would really like to battle secret bosses.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Wizard101 has secret bosses that award Badges for defeating them, so I say that we should have secret bosses that award Badges. I would like to see these made, for I wish to find hidden bosses & defeat them. I would like secret challenges!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Well, what about some of the bosses in the many old temples around Skull Island? For example, the Troggy Chief in the tunnels of Scurvy Dog Hideout. He's not exactly hidden, but he doesn't appear in any quests so far. And I can't remember if he's a boss, but there's this big, tarantula spider in Devilfish Hollow you can fight.

And do the skyway bosses not count? While they aren't within a dungeon, they are not required by any quests either and drop some pretty nice stuff. I guess you could say they're more of a throw back to Wizard101's street bosses (which KI has subtlety made it clear they won't do again *cough* none in CL-KH *cough*).

If they doesn't count, then, yeah, I could support a few new hidden bosses in Skull Island, Monquista, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila. I don't think secret/hidden need to always be very tough and cheaters (where is everyone getting this from anyway?). I think some can have more health than the average boss, but is mainly just a rare loot hoarder. I'd like to a good mic of cheaters and simple secret bosses perfect for farming.
For all we know, this new Tower of Penance (paths of penance, big tower, 2+2=fish) could include its own hidden boss. Like through a doorway to the basement of the tower and he/she's hiding down there. (I just realized we have almost no female secret bosses in W101 or P101 combine. Hmm...)

Cunning Finnigan Sharp

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Well, what about some of the bosses in the many old temples around Skull Island? For example, the Troggy Chief in the tunnels of Scurvy Dog Hideout. He's not exactly hidden, but he doesn't appear in any quests so far. And I can't remember if he's a boss, but there's this big, tarantula spider in Devilfish Hollow you can fight.

And do the skyway bosses not count? While they aren't within a dungeon, they are not required by any quests either and drop some pretty nice stuff. I guess you could say they're more of a throw back to Wizard101's street bosses (which KI has subtlety made it clear they won't do again *cough* none in CL-KH *cough*).

If they doesn't count, then, yeah, I could support a few new hidden bosses in Skull Island, Monquista, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila. I don't think secret/hidden need to always be very tough and cheaters (where is everyone getting this from anyway?). I think some can have more health than the average boss, but is mainly just a rare loot hoarder. I'd like to a good mic of cheaters and simple secret bosses perfect for farming.
For all we know, this new Tower of Penance (paths of penance, big tower, 2+2=fish) could include its own hidden boss. Like through a doorway to the basement of the tower and he/she's hiding down there. (I just realized we have almost no female secret bosses in W101 or P101 combine. Hmm...)

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
I take it you mean the street zones in Wizard101, correct? The game's first five worlds, the first four are WC through MS, and the last of which would be DS, are very street based in most of their zones, and I'm certain that starting from GH and onwards, new worlds won't have street based zones anymore, which is very good, because street based zones in new worlds aren't honestly much original, adventurous, and not that much fun anyway. References about them adapted in a few zones in certain worlds in Pirate101, that's fine, but I'm certain that they have some original material implemented to make it separate, yet familiar, to them.

Secret bosses should be a little more challenging, but maybe not a lot more than normal bosses, world bosses, and skyway bosses. I mean, some more health than normal bosses would be nice and maybe a few cheats would be fine, or maybe a mixture of both would be interesting, but not a lot of them. And I'm thinking that these bosses should drop very good stuff. Just saying that secret bosses should be reasonably challenging, but should drop some reasonably cool and good rewards should anyone decide to farm them again and again. And, if anyone can recall, defeating these secret bosses in W101 awarded Badges. Defeating secret bosses in Pirate101 should award Badges and maybe new exclusive rewards that comes with them.

I'm sure you can support secret bosses in Pirate101, for I know that we can have them. (By the way, didn't you notice that the new small islet at the expanded Presidio's entrance land chained to the island? Maybe there should be a new tower constructed that should have a secret boss there, after getting past it's guards that guard the secret boss at the very top, and all we have to do to go there is find a key somewhere in the Presidio that unlocks it. )

The Skyway bosses aren't a real throwback to W101's street bosses, mind you, and, along with the other bosses you mentioned, they don't count. They're something to keep us adventurers occupied for a little bit while some new stuff was being worked on, but overall, they're all very fun, anyway. (Come to think of it... I just thought that there is only one Skyway boss in Marleybone available, not counting the tower boss moving near Beachhead and the vortex bosses, Rooke and Grumpy Jeff Haskell. Maybe Westminster Skyway should have another boss or two added .)

If you're wondering, they got that from battling secret bosses in Wizard101, which brought up that idea. Does that help?

Ha ha ha ha ha! 2+2=fish! What a laugh! You brought up quite humor to this! In all seriousness, having a challenging secret boss in that new MooShu tower can be possible, and maybe that could happen.

All in all, it's nice of you to support secret bosses added to Pirate101. I would like to battle them and reap some very good rewards through battling them!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
I take it you mean the street zones in Wizard101, correct? The game's first five worlds, the first four are WC through MS, and the last of which would be DS, are very street based in most of their zones, and I'm certain that starting from GH and onwards, new worlds won't have street based zones anymore, which is very good, because street based zones in new worlds aren't honestly much original, adventurous, and not that much fun anyway. References about them adapted in a few zones in certain worlds in Pirate101, that's fine, but I'm certain that they have some original material implemented to make it separate, yet familiar, to them.

Secret bosses should be a little more challenging, but maybe not a lot more than normal bosses, world bosses, and skyway bosses. I mean, some more health than normal bosses would be nice and maybe a few cheats would be fine, or maybe a mixture of both would be interesting, but not a lot of them. And I'm thinking that these bosses should drop very good stuff. Just saying that secret bosses should be reasonably challenging, but should drop some reasonably cool and good rewards should anyone decide to farm them again and again. And, if anyone can recall, defeating these secret bosses in W101 awarded Badges. Defeating secret bosses in Pirate101 should award Badges and maybe new exclusive rewards that comes with them.

I'm sure you can support secret bosses in Pirate101, for I know that we can have them. (By the way, didn't you notice that the new small islet at the expanded Presidio's entrance land chained to the island? Maybe there should be a new tower constructed that should have a secret boss there, after getting past it's guards that guard the secret boss at the very top, and all we have to do to go there is find a key somewhere in the Presidio that unlocks it. )

The Skyway bosses aren't a real throwback to W101's street bosses, mind you, and, along with the other bosses you mentioned, they don't count. They're something to keep us adventurers occupied for a little bit while some new stuff was being worked on, but overall, they're all very fun, anyway. (Come to think of it... I just thought that there is only one Skyway boss in Marleybone available, not counting the tower boss moving near Beachhead and the vortex bosses, Rooke and Grumpy Jeff Haskell. Maybe Westminster Skyway should have another boss or two added .)

If you're wondering, they got that from battling secret bosses in Wizard101, which brought up that idea. Does that help?

Ha ha ha ha ha! 2+2=fish! What a laugh! You brought up quite humor to this! In all seriousness, having a challenging secret boss in that new MooShu tower can be possible, and maybe that could happen.

All in all, it's nice of you to support secret bosses added to Pirate101. I would like to battle them and reap some very good rewards through battling them!
Marleybone Skyway Boss? What about Capt Brock behind the vortex?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Marleybone Skyway Boss? What about Capt Brock behind the vortex?
I... already know that right now, and I've already corrected what I've said before. I didn't think it would have any Skyway bosses placed in, but now I know that there is one right now. I thought I would see more Westminster Skyway bosses alongside Capt. Brocks. Thanks for reminding, anyway.

Would you be interested in finding and battling challenging secret bosses in the game, Chrissy? Wizard101 has them, so why not Pirate101, too?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
I... already know that right now, and I've already corrected what I've said before. I didn't think it would have any Skyway bosses placed in, but now I know that there is one right now. I thought I would see more Westminster Skyway bosses alongside Capt. Brocks. Thanks for reminding, anyway.

Would you be interested in finding and battling challenging secret bosses in the game, Chrissy? Wizard101 has them, so why not Pirate101, too?
Well sure, but I am not gonna push about such things. I know that the Dev's are massively busy improving the main game. I don't want to add to their already incredible hectic schedule. I think that Ratbeard's Nefarious Tower will keep us on our toes once it is released.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2013
Yes I as well would like to see secret bosses added, and I do like the idea of crown shop items being added, or even given for defeating these secret bosses, I am for this idea, as for skyway bosses I have never heard of one for marlybone, and I think they should have something like the one I saw in the comercial when it came out, a giant sky wyverm! Imagine that!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Well sure, but I am not gonna push about such things. I know that the Dev's are massively busy improving the main game. I don't want to add to their already incredible hectic schedule. I think that Ratbeard's Nefarious Tower will keep us on our toes once it is released.
Well, Chrissy, I'm sure Ratbeard wouldn't mind working in secret bosses to Pirate101. I mean, all the P101 team has to do is go through the game's available instances they choose, create a new chamber, pathway, or room to the secret boss in one of the instances' available chambers, almost like renovating, create a secret boss, work out some stuff such as the secret boss' health's estimate, damage power, loot drops, maybe work in some boss cheats, etc. to make sure it's reasonably challenging and worth the rewards players can farm them and then, test that secret boss time and time until it's finished, then apply the changes, along with making new badges for defeating secret bosses & the rewards for them &... PRESTO! That chosen dungeon then contains that challenging secret boss! Sure it's plenty of work, and it may take time, but I'm sure they can do it... if they've enough bandwidth for that, of course.

Other than that, I'm quite looking forward to thwarting Moo Manchu's revenge scheme in that nefarious tower in MooShu... he's willing to get it after we've thwarted him before. I know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Well, Chrissy, I'm sure Ratbeard wouldn't mind working in secret bosses to Pirate101. I mean, all the P101 team has to do is go through the game's available instances they choose, create a new chamber, pathway, or room to the secret boss in one of the instances' available chambers, almost like renovating, create a secret boss, work out some stuff such as the secret boss' health's estimate, damage power, loot drops, maybe work in some boss cheats, etc. to make sure it's reasonably challenging and worth the rewards players can farm them and then, test that secret boss time and time until it's finished, then apply the changes, along with making new badges for defeating secret bosses & the rewards for them &... PRESTO! That chosen dungeon then contains that challenging secret boss! Sure it's plenty of work, and it may take time, but I'm sure they can do it... if they've enough bandwidth for that, of course.

Other than that, I'm quite looking forward to thwarting Moo Manchu's revenge scheme in that nefarious tower in MooShu... he's willing to get it after we've thwarted him before. I know.
Lol, Do you really have a grasp on how complicated it is to create what you just said? That is a LOT of programing, debugging, art work, code writing for loot tables, meetings to decide what goes in those tables, meetings to decide what the boss can and can not do, artwork and programing for the boss hits, weapon animations, his minions, their programing and artwork and animation, designing the whole fight dynamic as to what the cheats may be and what criticals will work when. Then possible voice acting, writing the scripts or storyline for the dungeon. Each employee involved be it planning meetings, or hands on creating has to be paid for the hours to make said dungeon, THEN comes the testers and exhaustive testing and bug hunting. It is most assuredly not an easy thing to do on a whim. Even with my limited understanding of what is involved in creating a part of a game, I am sure that tons of stuff has to happen that I have not thought about yet.
I just prefer all that blood, sweat, tears and money go into expanding the main story line and just making what game we have the best it can be.
Sure hidden dungeons sounds fun, I just know that it is not very easily done and am more than happy to be very patient for such things because I know that other priorities must prevail.

Developer
1) There's at least one optional, secret boss already in the game...

2) ... and he has a custom weapon drop,

3) ... and I have never seen a player using it.

For obvious reasons, most of the content in the game requires a World Designer or Quest Designer to get involved.

But if somebody just leaves an empty tomb sitting around, and a certain somebody else is in charge of enemies and loot, then that certain somebody might be inclined to stick a boss and some custom loot there.

Ensign
Apr 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:

For obvious reasons, most of the content in the game requires a World Designer or Quest Designer to get involved.

But if somebody just leaves an empty tomb sitting around, and a certain somebody else is in charge of enemies and loot, then that certain somebody might be inclined to stick a boss and some custom loot there.
is there anyway we could get a very very small hint at this boss's location?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Only one secret boss? Really? Well, I can't say that I'm stunned about this, Ratbeard, still, I was requesting that more optional, challenging secret bosses should be added in the game's available dungeons along with Badges for defeating them. I know Wizard101 does, so, I opted to request about that. I didn't think the game had any like these, but now I know that there is one... and... I'm a bit bummed that he doesn't award a Badge by defeating him. Would be nice if he had that.

I don't know where that forementioned secret boss may be, nor which world he's in, but I'm guessing that it's challenging, yes?

Now that you mention it, I think there is one particular room in Walkie's Hotel after the battle with Havaldar that should be remade into a new place to hold an optional secret boss... ...just saying. Eye of detail, you know.

Well, I would hope that these World Designers or Quest Designers may have some time to include a new chamber/room with that all new optional secret boss into an available dungeon or few and implement them in another game update sometime soon, for I would like to find and battle more of them. Would be nice and fun to have more secret bosses made into the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Lol, Do you really have a grasp on how complicated it is to create what you just said? That is a LOT of programing, debugging, art work, code writing for loot tables, meetings to decide what goes in those tables, meetings to decide what the boss can and can not do, artwork and programing for the boss hits, weapon animations, his minions, their programing and artwork and animation, designing the whole fight dynamic as to what the cheats may be and what criticals will work when. Then possible voice acting, writing the scripts or storyline for the dungeon. Each employee involved be it planning meetings, or hands on creating has to be paid for the hours to make said dungeon, THEN comes the testers and exhaustive testing and bug hunting. It is most assuredly not an easy thing to do on a whim. Even with my limited understanding of what is involved in creating a part of a game, I am sure that tons of stuff has to happen that I have not thought about yet.
I just prefer all that blood, sweat, tears and money go into expanding the main story line and just making what game we have the best it can be.
Sure hidden dungeons sounds fun, I just know that it is not very easily done and am more than happy to be very patient for such things because I know that other priorities must prevail.
Well... that is very elaborate, Chrissy. Really.

I know you would prefer them to make more main story adventures, but it wouldn't hurt for them to work in some secret bosses now and then with it, or maybe made into another small update, too, whichever comes first.

Thought that it would be fun for them to add in secret bosses, you know?

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013

if you don't mind my asking, would it be possible to get the name of said weapon? So we at least know if/when we find it?

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! I almost forgot one thing about secret bosses.

After defeating the secret bosses, they should have their own Second Chance Chests so that anyone who have defeated them and doesn't have the loot they wanted from their loot tables can try again and again as they wish by using their Second Chance Chests, like how final bosses in the end of most dungeons do. Wizard101 does have secret bosses with their own Second Chance Chests after defeating them, so why not throw secret bosses with Second Chance Chests in Pirate101, too?

Just a little thought to go with the secret bosses. Would anyone agree to this?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:

Well, first I want to say that I was incorrect. Celestia does have multiple street bosses in a more environment style. But yes, we'll most likely see fewer of these as time goes on. I'd like it if they brought this back once and awhile.

"Defeating secret bosses in Pirate101 should award Badges and maybe new exclusive rewards that comes with them."
I would love new badges for beating a secret boss. And if they were like Gortez or Eep-Ork-Oh-Ah-Ah where defeating them 25 times unlocks them as a Companion in the crown shop, that would just make them all the more interesting.

"(By the way, didn't you notice that the new small islet at the expanded Presidio's entrance land chained to the island? Maybe there should be a new tower constructed that should have a secret boss there, after getting past it's guards that guard the secret boss at the very top, and all we have to do to go there is find a key somewhere in the Presidio that unlocks it. )"
Actually, no I have not. I haven't been to the Presidio in a long time. I'll have to check this out. It sounds very interesting.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! 2+2=fish! What a laugh! You brought up quite humor to this! In all seriousness, having a challenging secret boss in that new MooShu tower can be possible, and maybe that could happen."
I'm glad you liked the joke! But yes, the new tower could have a new secret boss. We'll just have to wait and see. The future is quite...nefarious

Bosun
May 06, 2009

Oh, how exciting! To think Pirate101 has been out this long and no one's really shown off or even found that weapon and the boss who drops off. Would you mind hinting the location of this secret boss? I have one idea of who he might be, but any help would be appreciated.

Also, if toy were to expand the secret boss concept, could you include more hidden female bosses. I can't recall any in either Wizard101 or Pirate101. Thanks!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Ahhhhhh. So there is ONE secret boss. It is in a tomb........Mooshu! I already searched ALL of Skull Island, and I didn't find anything in any tombs. I'm going to take a guess and say that this secret boss is in one of the unused tombs in Mooshu! However......maybe I should check the catacombs beneath the church in Port Regal. Maybe the ghost of Governor Shrewsbury isn't the only thing down there......

A few minutes later.......nothing. All of Skull Island is clear. No bosses anywhere. Our main target then is Mooshu. Let's find this boss, record its loot tables and custom drop, and put this to rest! Ratbeard, we will find this boss, and you can count on it! Thanks for making this so much fun!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

Now you've intrigued me....

Although it's most likely a secret boss I've fought multiple times that I just didn't know about...

Could you give us a hint? Maybe the first letter of the area it's in? Or the first letter of the instance quest?

Community Leader
People are saying it's Lord Mixcoatl of Temple of Toloc in Mysterious Tunnel of Scurvy Dog Island. He IS in a room that was hidden by a fake door that you walk through. The room IS not located on the map. But he's not confirmed. Nobody has gotten a custom weapon from him yet.

However, he's a dinosaur, so what weapon could he possibly drop?

PS: I agree with Chrissy. Hidden bosses is a nice bonus, yes. However, I really want to get back to the main story. I'm chomping at the bit to visit new worlds and see where the story goes. There has already been a delay because of the new pet area. So honestly I would rather the designers to focus on new worlds and expanding the main story line.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Actually NO female bosses, except the Salt Witch ( La Llona ) in Haunted Skyway. Ok, Madea and the Gracea in Aquila count too, but are they Bosses who drop unique gear? Why no female bosses? Do we have to wait until we confront the Lady Elite for one?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

i think i know what your talking about, on a earlier post someone talked about it, ive been there but have yet t get anything good, isn't he the one in the isle of doom? you can walk in there with no problem and you mentioned he had secret loot.