Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Question

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Greetings Decius,
I was doing my required practice matches after yesterday's update and one of my opponents was a mechanical owl. Even though my dragon knocked his gears loose I am still interested in one. Is that something that can be morphed or is it procured somehow else?

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
I would like a mechanical owl toooo
If we had to wrangle him, I wonder if it is hard to tame

Administrator
it's a . . . dun dun dun
Mystery

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on May 8, 2014 wrote:
it's a . . . dun dun dun
Mystery
* Sighs * Ya know, I was afraid I was gonna get that answer. * Puts on Sherlock Bones hat *

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on May 8, 2014 wrote:
it's a . . . dun dun dun
Mystery
o.O perhaps Jack knows but wants us to figure it out.

But when combination would make a mechanical owl? It is likely a hybrid between a bird and a machine, wait "bird" and "Machine"?

O.O could it be a mix of a Skarakeet pet and a War golem?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on May 8, 2014 wrote:

But when combination would make a mechanical owl? It is likely a hybrid between a bird and a machine, wait "bird" and "Machine"?

Ohhhh, I love how you think.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
Rachel Dreamsong on May 8, 2014 wrote:

Great Idea

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
Ok, read the golem idea and here's what I got so far...

Skarakeet and Labor Golem gave me - Labor Golem

Ostrich and Labor Golem gave me - Blue Ostrich (Ostrich and Ostrich gives blue Ostrich, already got it,)

Fandango and Labor Golem gave me - Labor Golem

Anyone other ideas, if I can I'll try them and post results. A challenge, hmmm...

Need more crowns to buy more gold and snacks to get more morphs, hint, hint. Maybe please?

Have done other morphs but got one of the parents every time. Anyone done a blue ostrich and blue ostrich yet? Or blue ostrich with anything? Mine aren't adults yet.

Going to go for blue ostrich and Labor Golem, maybe that's it. Another note, I haven't done the practice matches before morph trys, so maybe that's a factor in morph with golem for mech owl?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
cat agate on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Ok, read the golem idea and here's what I got so far...

Skarakeet and Labor Golem gave me - Labor Golem

Ostrich and Labor Golem gave me - Blue Ostrich (Ostrich and Ostrich gives blue Ostrich, already got it,)

Fandango and Labor Golem gave me - Labor Golem

Anyone other ideas, if I can I'll try them and post results. A challenge, hmmm...

Need more crowns to buy more gold and snacks to get more morphs, hint, hint. Maybe please?

Have done other morphs but got one of the parents every time. Anyone done a blue ostrich and blue ostrich yet? Or blue ostrich with anything? Mine aren't adults yet.

Going to go for blue ostrich and Labor Golem, maybe that's it. Another note, I haven't done the practice matches before morph trys, so maybe that's a factor in morph with golem for mech owl?
Thanks for all the tries and your results.
I remember from my Wizard hatching days that mixing two pets that were known morph matches didn't always produce the new and unique pet. Many times I just got another parent, either mine or the other person's pet. Then after a while I would get that wonderful desired pet. Once in a while I would get the morphed pet first time and did that make me a VERY happy wizard.
I am guessing that this works the same way. It will just take time to find out what makes what and then we just have to keep trying it.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
Is it possible to get the rank 9 or 10 pet snacks just from pvp? Gonna take a while to lvl any other pets without it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Justin Chamberlain on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Is it possible to get the rank 9 or 10 pet snacks just from pvp? Gonna take a while to lvl any other pets without it
I believe I have gotten some rank 10 snacks from companions. It's rare but I have seen them show up on pirates that have never purchased any Mega Packs so they either came from companions or fight drops.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have crossed a Celestial Dragon and an Ostrich and a Pokaloon with an Ostrich. Both crosses have resulted in a Blue Ostrich.
My only other morph is the guaranteed one of crossing two scarakeets to get a Skull Island Macaw.

Community Leader
How about the Bunnicorn? Is it a hybrid or a drop? Is it really available for us to get?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Kelsey Fireheart on May 20, 2014 wrote:
How about the Bunnicorn? Is it a hybrid or a drop? Is it really available for us to get?
Someone found it on Central and it had a Crowns Tag, which means that it's not a Hybrid.

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It seems that all the pets you spar against in the practice matches are obtainable only through game cards, maybe this hints a new generation of pets for game cards, or maybe even a new bundle that comes with a pet?