Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

>.< a bit of trouble on witchdoctor

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
With the new update coming out I will be basically making dream teams for my characters (basically 3 companions that I will always want in the front)

The trouble is that my witchdoctor actually has a bit few too many companions she likes and could never feel like giving them non battle chores to do :(

Here are her current allies she likes

Mormo: Funniest companion ever and has a very nice set of powers to go along with it including Mojo Blast and the epic "Mojo Rising"
Chilam Bak: He shows some promise and I heard that he gets really good in later promotions :D also he is undead so he gets a boost from my battle standard
Hoodoo Cornelius: not loved as much as the others but he can be quite useful at clearing enemies quickly with go bananas.
Old scratch: Another undead character that also has mojo rising in his pool and attacks in a X shape.
Martin Valvida: Good choice as he can kill witch hunter users with more ease but unfortunately has no real special qualities. Is undead so he gets a Battle standard boost
Bones Mcgee: :D an old reliable and a great little range fighter especially when teamed up Chilam Bak right next to a battle standard
Carcarius Grimtooth: tested him out in test realm and he is quite the fighter :O long ranged and has a will boosting power to boost my witchdoctor and will boosted companions.
Kan Po: Despite him being somewhat fragile, he makes up for raw power and his blade storm.

A grand total of 8 companions that have captured my heart and I feel sad putting any of them on "standby" since I love battling with them so much. I would put the other options from the test realm on but there are a few companions that I don't like and would rather not have popping up randomly.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
With the new update coming out I will be basically making dream teams for my characters (basically 3 companions that I will always want in the front)

The trouble is that my witchdoctor actually has a bit few too many companions she likes and could never feel like giving them non battle chores to do :(

Mormo: Funniest companion ever and has a very nice set of powers to go along with it including Mojo Blast and the epic "Mojo Rising"
Chilam Bak: He shows some promise and I heard that he gets really good in later promotions :D also he is undead so he gets a boost from my battle standard
Hoodoo Cornelius: not loved as much as the others but he can be quite useful at clearing enemies quickly with go bananas.
Old scratch: Another undead character that also has mojo rising in his pool and attacks in a X shape.
Martin Valvida: Good choice as he can kill witch hunter users with more ease but unfortunately has no real special qualities. Is undead so he gets a Battle standard boost
Bones Mcgee: :D an old reliable and a great little range fighter especially when teamed up Chilam Bak right next to a battle standard
Carcarius Grimtooth: tested him out in test realm and he is quite the fighter :O long ranged and has a will boosting power to boost my witchdoctor and will boosted companions.
Kan Po: Despite him being somewhat fragile, he makes up for raw power and his blade storm.

A grand total of 8 companions that have captured my heart and I feel sad putting any of them on "standby" since I love battling with them so much. I would put the other options from the test realm on but there are a few companions that I don't like and would rather not have popping up randomly.

With the new update. Put all your other companions on work detail except for your 8 favorites and set you account to random. That way your favorites can all take turns in showing off their powers for you.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

IMO:

From your present list of favorites, it all depends ( Battle-wise ) on your powers and strategy. I'd suggest finding gear with heals to heal companions like Mormo or Kan Po as well as defensive powers like Valor's Fortress to reduce damage on those types of companions.

Mormo excels with Mojo Echo 2 by the time he hits his last promotion. Combine that with a Juju or Will buff, and he will be an unrelenting Water Mole. I'd suggest giving him talents for: Will (Helps with critical + Mojo Echo chance), Damage, Spooky(Helps boost his Powers), and anything else of your choice.

Chilam Bak is also good with Mojo Echo 2. Same thing as Mormo.

I have never seen Hoodoo Cornelius in battle with my own eyes just yet, but assuming they gave him Relentless, I'd suggest giving him a rank 2 in that epic, and train his Will and Damage. The Will will ( confusing ) increase his relentless rate.

I don't really like Old Scratch too much, but I know he also excels with Mojo Echo 2 and Improved Mojo Blast 2 . This guy is excellent in clearing out a batch of enemies that are all cluttered up. Same talents as Mormo

Martin Valvida is also someone I don't see too much being used, but if you give him Relentless, give him a boost in Srength, that will have the same effects as above

Bones Mcgee: Very cool looking companion, but I don't use him too much in combat.

Carcarius Grimtooth is very nice. I definitely liked him being on the team now. I'd suggest Mojo Echo 2 by his last promotion, combine with the same talents as Mormo, and he will shine through those baddies.

Kan Po is perhaps one of my most favorite companions. Swift attacks, strong hits, and an unrelenting attitude. I'd definitely suggest a relentless epic on him, combine with Agility, Damage, Accuracy, and Dodge talents, and he's one tough goat.

I hope this could sort of help in deciding who you'd like to use more often, and who you think you'd like to do some of the dirty work outside of battle.

I hope I didn't sound too bossy, I tend to do that

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
With the new update. Put all your other companions on work detail except for your 8 favorites and set you account to random. That way your favorites can all take turns in showing off their powers for you.
XD Oh right because then I can use them all still while keeping it to just them.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

I would say Chilam, bones McGee and your class companion I have Chilam and he's GOOD he's doing damage all over the place left and right and over and over he has low health so watch out. You'll need something other than a To add varity and McGee would be best, he's good he's a musketeer and he's going to help you with your standard, class companion is because they were made for your class so use him