Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New title but what is it

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I am now a bosun but I was wondering what it is? Just a quick question and thank you in advance bye!

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I am now a bosun but I was wondering what it is? Just a quick question and thank you in advance bye!

Congrats on your promotion.
According to the World English Dictionary:boatswain , bosun or bo's'n (ˈbəʊs ə n)— na petty officer on a merchant ship or a warrant officer on a warship who is responsible
for the maintenance of the ship and its equipment

So I hope you have read up on your ship's Manuals

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Jack, I believe a Bosun is just a Bison with a bow in it's hair

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:

Definition of --- Bosun (aka Boat Swain) --- is a ship's officer in charge of equipment and crew.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Jack, I believe a Bosun is just a Bison with a bow in it's hair
Lol, Valkoor you can always make me groan or giggle, both being highly appreciated.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sorry, Jack- I couldn't resist. Of course I was only joking. I saw your post late and figured that some of your fine, helpful pirates surely already created post to answer your question. And as expected, they did not let me or you down, naturally. Congrats on the new rank by the way!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Congrats on your promotion.
According to the World English Dictionary:boatswain , bosun or bo's'n (ˈbəʊs ə n)— na petty officer on a merchant ship or a warrant officer on a warship who is responsible
for the maintenance of the ship and its equipment

So I hope you have read up on your ship's Manuals
The real stuff is for Bonnie gracy and Kobe and a few others but I'll tell what happens on my ship. Bonnie checks for security around the ship since she's one of my only crew members that has a gun (rest are cards crossbows and maybe a few pistols) gracy is of course the cargo manager (don't want any extra cargo) and the fixer upper (there's more to that wrench than hitting like a cartoon character) Kobe watched everyone to make sure no trouble rooster cogburn is In charge of the jail cells with barnabus and Gaspard (we have prisoners just to let you know) hawkules carrys equipment and poor ratbeard wanted to have something to do with fire and battle so I gave him the job with my pets. My two scrimshaw drakes and dragon have set him alight more than once he's been... Let's just say super attacked by the bird, run over by the armadillo bit by the two tropical sky snakes and bone one and licked by my five chameleons, (let's not get into the scorpions) remember just be careful what you wish for. But for now I won't be scrapping of barnacles off my ship ( my watermole) everyone has some sort of job, btw I have to make the manuals... Everyone's so lazy I mean I never get time to sit down watch tv on the crystal ball (they have that and I stole cable, I'm a pirate after all) and eat a big bag of cheese poofs. And do I have to turn the wheel why can't I just say "turn it that way, no that way, NO not your left MY left!" It's hard work having to sit and watch everyone do the jobs I assigned them, reaching for the yum doesn't help. So you see I do that stuff already, except I have people do it for me. Being captain has advantages :)