Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My luck

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I farmed Shan Hong hundreds of times on my Witchdoctor with no success of getting his Tiger Claws.

Flash forward a few months, I'm doing the " The Silk One" for my Buccaneer class. I defeated the pig ninja boss so Branch can be safe. Guess what he dropped? Tiger Claws. I don't know if other bosses have Tiger Claws in their rare loot drop but I was so happy that I don't have grind Shan Hong to a watery mess any longer.

Sadly same can't be said to Moo Manchu and his wand though...

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I am farming him for the Earthen Charm. I gave up, but will continue next time. Also, it seems like everything I farm for never appears. I am currently farming for The Robe of Houndini, from MacCavity, and it has been two days. It seems like no one will give us the things we want. I bet someone is watching us from KI and playing with the drops. What if they don't want us to get the good stuff?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RyeKishatu2013 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
I am farming him for the Earthen Charm. I gave up, but will continue next time. Also, it seems like everything I farm for never appears. I am currently farming for The Robe of Houndini, from MacCavity, and it has been two days. It seems like no one will give us the things we want. I bet someone is watching us from KI and playing with the drops. What if they don't want us to get the good stuff?
It's just chance and the same chance each fight. It doesn't change for how long you have been trying. It took me three busy days fighting the Midnight Bandit for my one Valor's Armor for a Buccaneer. Just persevere and it has to fall in the slot for you sometime.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RyeKishatu2013 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Now, now don't get paranoid! KI wants us to be happy, and come back again and again to play. It's just random chance. Although Ratbeard has suggested that rubbing your belly and patting your head might increase a chance for rare drops I've been trying this ( without success so far ).

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I was able to get fin's dagger as a Buccaneer on my first try ( how lucky i am ),but not so with the other class. It was a great drop,but the only issue I got is I can't trade this item ( what the what ). I feel guilty ever since for my swashbuckler as a Buccaneer, that no trade nonsense for this and other items for boss drop need to go.On the other hand I am trying to get,the tiger claw also so far no such luck.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I think I found my ticket to luck - Underdog. He has way less drops than MacCavity, which means the drops may have a larger chance of dropping. I counted 26 drops from him, and the Robe of Houndini is one of them. But, why is that accursed Shoes of Houndini there.