Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Slowpoke Sloth - Am I Missing Something?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
I just loaded up the game and saw a sale for a "Throwback Thursday" of last years April Fools mount a Sloth that Reduces your movement speed by 40%.

What would be the purpose of this mount, to take even more time moving around the game world?

I think who would use this after a few moments of ultra-slow travel and not switch back to a regular mount.

I think a better April Fools would be a Sloth that moved quickly not as they typically would; slow.

I have yet to see one of these in the game world and for good reason no one would want to ride it for very long, ever.

KingsIsle, please do better than this, give us something worth spending money on in game.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2009
It's meant to be a joke. It's all light hearted fun! Nothing to be taken seriously as it is an April Fools day mount.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
That is what makes the mount fun, it is unique in the fact that it makes you move slower and not faster. Despite it looking like a "waste" I have heard that people like it because it is a funny mount :D

It's usefulness is it's comedy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WindAnchor on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
I just loaded up the game and saw a sale for a "Throwback Thursday" of last years April Fools mount a Sloth that Reduces your movement speed by 40%.

What would be the purpose of this mount, to take even more time moving around the game world?

I think who would use this after a few moments of ultra-slow travel and not switch back to a regular mount.

I think a better April Fools would be a Sloth that moved quickly not as they typically would; slow.

I have yet to see one of these in the game world and for good reason no one would want to ride it for very long, ever.

KingsIsle, please do better than this, give us something worth spending money on in game.
Lol, but that's the whole point. It's an April Fool's mount and is supposed to be silly. I got mine because I knew they would be so adorable running around my houses when we get that ability. I have had to wait more than a year but it will be SO worth it. Besides you ride that mount when you just want to sight see and enjoy the environment. Just silliness.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010

The Slowpoke Sloth was meant as a joke. The -40% speed would refer to an actual sloth. By the way, the promo for it said it had "never seen before speed"!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012

It's a gag. It's supposed to be a joke. But if that doesn't thrill you, there is a lovely steed that is far faster and twice as funny.

Clopping into the distance,

Cunning Sebastian Nicols

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I find it hilarious and allot of people I know love the Slowpoke Sloth mount, they usually use it when they aren't questing, think of it like a show-off mount, it may reduce speed, but it's super funny watching people run fast while I am trying to catch up XD.

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
With the Slowpoke Sloth, instead of stopping and smelling the roses, you''l be watching them grow as you go by them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WiseOne70 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
With the Slowpoke Sloth, instead of stopping and smelling the roses, you''l be watching them grow as you go by them.
LOL now that's funny.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Like Chrissy said (she beat me to it! ) that was really funny, WiseOne. Right up there with last year's testimonials - "the slowpoke sloth is perfect for the existential-leaning wizard [or pirate]" (or something like that).

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
People might use it for making others laugh. One time, I saw someone on it, telling everyone in Avery's Court to race. She keeps saying, "almost there" and we laugh and cheer that she's almost there.