Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is This? I'm so Curious!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I have recently found a docky thingy in this movable picture, www.pirate101.com/free_game/spring_preview2014. I'm so curious to as what it is. It literately just became view-able to all of the adventurous pirates. I'm curious to what it is. According to the Pirate101 log in, it's coming out tomorrow!

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
What my question is. Is what that mysterious Companion is......It looks like it has an axe if you zoom in.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
1Of1Musketeer on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
I have recently found a docky thingy in this movable picture, www.pirate101.com/free_game/spring_preview2014. I'm so curious to as what it is. It literately just became view-able to all of the adventurous pirates. I'm curious to what it is. According to the Pirate101 log in, it's coming out tomorrow!
Wait, TOMORROW!

Administrator
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Wait, TOMORROW!
. . . not tomorrow.

It says:

"Coming Spring 2014!
Don't miss this fun sneak peek at what's coming to Pirate101 this Spring! . . ."

Since June 20th is the last day of Spring, it'll probably be sometime before that. Earlier the better as far as I'm concerned, but you know . . . these things take time.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
the thing that I am most curious about is the thing flying out in the skyway behind Avery's home!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
ATTENTION!

I found two new mysterious things. There's a building exactly left of the Swashbuckler Hall. It's so mysterious! I don't what it is!

I also found a Pelican Companion! Someone has a Pelican Companion! I want that companion so much!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
are there anymore companions? also, what is that mysterious building close to the swashbuckler class. That's where I was imaging my scallywag (scalawag) class was gonna be, (I know that class will never exist, but I would like it to one time).

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
also, will there be new stuff added to not only Avery's Court, but the whole Spiral?!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Jack, in accordance to these new places and wonders: will there be new levels reach to, moves to learn, and possibly new worlds to discover? Because, like I keep mentioning, I'm so curious!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
One more thing, I hope that KI also adds new worlds to the Spiral this spring.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
What i'm curious about is the building behind the swashbuckler hall. I am REALLY hoping it's an area that will let you dye your flag and/or companion colors. Also, the hall like dock next to the musketeer bunker looks like it may lead to something PvP related, possibly tournaments. on a related note, it seems like the new update will be adding more utilities and side content (ex: Grizzlehiem) instead of a new book. I'm not complaining, (in fact I would love more pirate based side content, we've strayed from the plundering course a bit, but for the better) but book 14 left us with a pretty big cliffhanger, and not much has been announced on main story content.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
I think it's Ship PvP but personally I hope it's like a team dungeon (8 pirates) for ships where we have to work together (30 minutes) to defeat a super hard boss or monster and get ultra rare items dropped after defeating it. Of course, in this dungeon we would have to shoot cannons manually at a target and introduce some new aspects to the game. As it is right now, we only move our pirates to run to something or somewhere. Wouldn't it be a nice change of pace if we could go into a dungeon/boss battle and have to move our pirates strategically to dodge enemy attacks?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
the updates are coming out this spring?! x faints x

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Any chances that it comes out before April 19. My membership fades that day and I already spent more than fifty dollars on game cards. Yes, that is how great this game is.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
ATTENTION!

I found two new mysterious things. There's a building exactly left of the Swashbuckler Hall. It's so mysterious! I don't what it is!

I also found a Pelican Companion! Someone has a Pelican Companion! I want that companion so much!
Actually, I found that, then I told you and then you.

Administrator
Time for a bit more information! Our friends at Massively have published a Developer Journal we wrote up for them on the all new Advanced Pets system coming to a Pirate101 Test Realm soon!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/24/massively-exclusive-pirate101-announces-new-advanced-pet-system/

Enjoy!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Time for a bit more information! Our friends at Massively have published a Developer Journal we wrote up for them on the all new Advanced Pets system coming to a Pirate101 Test Realm soon!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/24/massively-exclusive-pirate101-announces-new-advanced-pet-system/

Enjoy!
Yar infinity Does Happy Dance

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Cool, new stuff was added, check it out!
www.pirate101.com/free_game/spring_preview2014#xol
It looks like we can go to Aztechea! (If that's actually how you pronounce it) Some of the creatures there look like Kawil Doomclaw and lemba Moonskull. Also it looks like we can get a new pet!

(Also, on the first preview, why is that guy with Wing Chun there, is there something new about him?)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Actually, I found that, then I told you and then you.
Sorry to be in a disagreement, but no you didn't. Anyways, The kind staff has added some more features to the webpage!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
pelican companion? mistyrious building? x double faint! x

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
I have new news!
I found out more, there are going to be new class companions! And the pelican everyone was talking about earlier belongs to the buccaneer class. You would get each companion around level 4, as said so in the link below.
Here are the companions
Chantal Livingstone. Musketeers
Fan Flanders. Swashbucklers
Carcarius Grimtooth. Witchdoctors
Peter Quint. Buccaneers
The Marchioness. Privateers

All I know is that The Marchioness is a monquistidor, Peter Quint is a pelican, and Chantal Livingstone is Ol' Fish-eye's daughter (so she's a pelican), Never mind, she's actually a friend of fish-eye's daughter. And Fan Flanders is a frog.

I really hope these companions are for pirates over level 4 as well.

Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor
Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer

see more at this link www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/816/feature/8343/Pirate101-Advanced-Companions-Incoming.html

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i cant wait! i cant beileve that its really coming out! no, dont faint again self! x triple faint x

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Avast!
Take a look at this new movable picture that KI so generously provided us. First off, YAY! a new place! second off, that tent, it looks like a Grizzelhelm tent!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Oh, I see now...
It says that the only way to heal your wounded companion is by going to a new NPC in Avery's Court named Miracle Mitch who has set up in that house next to the Swashbuckler class!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, I see five tents, they seem to represent the five worlds that we chose for our pirates in character generation.