Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Ahoy Pirates!
I just had an amazing story idea that I seriously wish could get incorporated into the game.
Kane is the big bad boss of the Spiral. He is supposed to be the ultimate villain that our pirate will face on his/her quest to El Dorado. For now, Kane is just a shadowy persona; we don't have any sort of idea what acts like or even really looks like. I'm pretty sure that some pirates out there (and their crews) are getting a little bit cocky about their abilities.

So, lets knock them down a couple notches. I think that we should have a fight with Kane very soon... and get destroyed. Since I'm 90% sure that Valencia is our next stop, this would be an ideal time to set this up. Enter the pirate and his/her crew, all geared up and ready to go. Enter Kane. Battle board opens up and it's Kane's turn. Suddenly, said pirate and their crew find themselves incapacitated. That's it. In one move Kane defeated you and your entire crew. Don't worry though; defeating Kane was not the point of the quest, because instead of being sent to a life fountain, you would be taken to an armada prison, most likely in Cadiz. A solo dungeon ensues in which you must escape your confinement and gather up your crew from wherever they've been imprisoned. Maybe you fight an elite at the end, and maybe you just flee. Either way I really want this to happen.

If that doesn't humble a pirate, I don't know what will.

I hope to hear all of your thoughts on how we should first meet Kane.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
*Gulp* *Eeek!*

No, truly you do have good ideas, Lord of Winter . Even if it is a scenario my character has nightmares about -- well, she should! It is the wonderful classical theme of the hero, armed by virtue (we hope) standing up against an overwhelming foe, and losses only reiterate the themes of courage and fortitude. Just like my favorite of the Star Wars films was the Empire Strikes Back -- dealing with loss and defeat shows character the way good fortune does not.

I'm sure Blind Mew is going to show us that dealing with the Armada becomes increasingly dangerous and difficult. Perhaps there will be scenarios like Monte Royale, where you can not win, you must flee. And there is your good idea; after all 'capture & escape' is a beloved trope of the adventure story (though I am not sure how this would be done at tech level). Doubtful our young pirates would be quite so cocky after such a salient lesson, and it wouldn't hurt us to have a good scare and remember how deadly a foe we are up against!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lordofwinter35 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy Pirates!
I just had an amazing story idea that I seriously wish could get incorporated into the game.
Kane is the big bad boss of the Spiral. He is supposed to be the ultimate villain that our pirate will face on his/her quest to El Dorado. For now, Kane is just a shadowy persona; we don't have any sort of idea what acts like or even really looks like. I'm pretty sure that some pirates out there (and their crews) are getting a little bit cocky about their abilities.

So, lets knock them down a couple notches. I think that we should have a fight with Kane very soon... and get destroyed. Since I'm 90% sure that Valencia is our next stop, this would be an ideal time to set this up. Enter the pirate and his/her crew, all geared up and ready to go. Enter Kane. Battle board opens up and it's Kane's turn. Suddenly, said pirate and their crew find themselves incapacitated. That's it. In one move Kane defeated you and your entire crew. Don't worry though; defeating Kane was not the point of the quest, because instead of being sent to a life fountain, you would be taken to an armada prison, most likely in Cadiz. A solo dungeon ensues in which you must escape your confinement and gather up your crew from wherever they've been imprisoned. Maybe you fight an elite at the end, and maybe you just flee. Either way I really want this to happen.

If that doesn't humble a pirate, I don't know what will.

I hope to hear all of your thoughts on how we should first meet Kane.
Eep *Gulps* Dang I am already having nightmares from Blind Mew's thoughts on Kane and this just turns my mental rollercoaster into corkscrew mode. It is a brilliant idea though. Just the thing to knock some of the brashness out of us and to remind us how small we are going up against such a foe. Only by the love and courage of our crew and our virtuous & valiant hearts and some great ideas from Bonnie Anne can we possibly hope to conquer him. Having to regroup and get ourselves out of such a prison/dungeon (Great chance for word play here) would be a task we would not soon forget. Perhaps someone should distract Blind Mew with some insightful questions so he does not see this thread.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
*Gulp* *Eeek!*

No, truly you do have good ideas, Lord of Winter . Even if it is a scenario my character has nightmares about -- well, she should! It is the wonderful classical theme of the hero, armed by virtue (we hope) standing up against an overwhelming foe, and losses only reiterate the themes of courage and fortitude. Just like my favorite of the Star Wars films was the Empire Strikes Back -- dealing with loss and defeat shows character the way good fortune does not.

I'm sure Blind Mew is going to show us that dealing with the Armada becomes increasingly dangerous and difficult. Perhaps there will be scenarios like Monte Royale, where you can not win, you must flee. And there is your good idea; after all 'capture & escape' is a beloved trope of the adventure story (though I am not sure how this would be done at tech level). Doubtful our young pirates would be quite so cocky after such a salient lesson, and it wouldn't hurt us to have a good scare and remember how deadly a foe we are up against!
well, blind mew DID say that kane could beat a lvl 80 pirate with a hand on his back

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Really? When did Blind Mew say that? I want to see that. Maybe I'm right after all...

Captain
May 13, 2011
Lordofwinter35 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Really? When did Blind Mew say that? I want to see that. Maybe I'm right after all...
there was a thread where someone asked when we would meet kane. i dont remember a lot of what happened, but blind mew pitched in with his opinions on kane

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
That would give me nightmares. Now I better get to level 65 (11 more levels to go!) before I feel ready.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 54 (I would be level 65 now if I could get my mind of other games)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lordofwinter35 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
He said it in this thread.