Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Bundle?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
First: If this is in the wrong spot, please let me know; thanks!))

So, I'd like to bein with saying that I am a level 45 Witchdoctor. My highest level companion is 45, and my gear each give me about 8 to 10 Will. I'm obviously in MooShu. I have a question.

I am planning on getting a Bundle soon, but I am not sure which is best for me. I have heard that the Hoodoo Bundle is best for witchdoctors, but I've also heard that the companion is mediocre and the gear is "eh". Is this true?
The other Bundles are obviously quite neat, too. However, I want an opinion: Which Bundle should I get? To remind you, I am a Level 45 Witchdoctor. (Yes, that is my highest level character at the moment)
1. Cutthroat Bundle: I already own that.
2. Admiral's Bundle
3. Empire Bundle
4. Hoodoo Bundle
Thanks in advance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Twizzlerr on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:

So, I'd like to bein with saying that I am a level 45 Witchdoctor. My highest level companion is 45, and my gear each give me about 8 to 10 Will. I'm obviously in MooShu. I have a question.

I am planning on getting a Bundle soon, but I am not sure which is best for me. I have heard that the Hoodoo Bundle is best for witchdoctors, but I've also heard that the companion is mediocre and the gear is "eh". Is this true?
The other Bundles are obviously quite neat, too. However, I want an opinion: Which Bundle should I get? To remind you, I am a Level 45 Witchdoctor. (Yes, that is my highest level character at the moment)
2. Admiral's Bundle
3. Empire Bundle
4. Hoodoo Bundle
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the message boards family Twizzlerr. You have a great question and have come to the right place for your answers. As I do not yet have all in your list I will acquiesce to my very knowledgable family members for their input.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Twizzlerr on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:

2. Admiral's Bundle
3. Empire Bundle
4. Hoodoo Bundle
Thanks in advance!
Get the Hoodoo Bundle. The Companion is fantastic (Although he kinda suffers from Old scratch syndrome occasionally) and can be a great sacrificial pawn for taking out a tough enemy or more. Also the gear looks AMAZING and have some great stats to boot. Also the Standard gives a great boost to undead companions (I use it with old scratch and Bones mcgee for an effective combo) it doubles their power and defense when on your side. But it has another evil ability on the enemies side >:D (Lets just say that the ghost of your enemies will rebel against their own team.)

Community Leader
Hello Twizzlerr. The Hoodoo Bundle is perfect for Witchdoctors! I have a level 65 Witchdoctor and have changed all of original gear, before getting the new bundle, to all of my new gear that was in the Hoodoo Bundle. I think it's a perfect Witchdoctor Bundle. I love the ship, the companion- he is awesome, the lab would be great for parties and a hangout spot with not only Witchdoctors, all of the other pirates too. If you really want a house and not a housing add-on like the WD Lab, just choose one of the other bundles you mentioned. They are epic too (all in their own ways).

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I recommend either the admiral or the hoodoo bundle. The hoodoo bundle is perfect for witchdoctors. The admiral bundle is also great because it gives will too. When you get the bundle I recommend getting the gear a couple levels ahead of you so you know that the gear is the best it can be.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
I am SO getting the Hoodoo bundle pack, that's PERFECT for my whichdoctor account.
Also, how does the Hoodoo bundle pack add-on work?

~Dead Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Whichdoctor (Bald Eagle Whichdoctor forum account)~

~Fearful Zane Parker, level 18 Buccaneer (this account)~

~Fearless Jill Davis, level 11 (probabaly higher, can't remember) Swashbuckler (also this account~

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Also, I should have submitted my Cutthroat Bundle on my Buccaneer, and instead submitted a Hoodoo bundle pack on my Whichdoctor. To late now, plus I also submitted my Empire bundle pack on my Whichdoctor.

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
Thanks for responding, guys! And thanks for welcoming me to the forums! Since you guys think so, I guess I'll get the Hoodoo Bundle! However, I do have a question, though this may sound stupid: What EXACTLY is a battle standard?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Twizzlerr on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for responding, guys! And thanks for welcoming me to the forums! Since you guys think so, I guess I'll get the Hoodoo Bundle! However, I do have a question, though this may sound stupid: What EXACTLY is a battle standard?
Here is one or our threads that discusses the standard from the Empire bundle. I believe on the threads titled "Hoodoo Bundle" they talk about that one too.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Twizzlerr on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
A battle standard (Which comes as a power equiped to a totem with no other stats) creates a little obstacle that cannot be destroyed (In pve) by enemy attacks.
They boost every companion of yours of a specific category ( In this case undead) as long as they stand near it on the board (Square 3 by 3 with the standard in the middle of said graph)

so it would kinda look like this

xxx
xsx
xxx

with "x" being the spots that the standard would boost your companions and "s" being the standard.

The Baron Samedi's standard (The Hoodoo Bundle Battle Standard) doubles attack and defense of any undead characters around it, and heals them. (Unfortunately Hoodo Cornelius doesn't count as undead. However skeletons, ghosts, and even zombies along with other undead companions gain it)

But if you were to put it on the opponent's side of the board, it will have an additional ability. In this case the standard gives "Soul Harvest" to your undead companions. Soul harvest allows the souls of defeated enemies (defeated by a companion with soul harvest) to come back and become an ally in your fight. The souls are about as strong as when the enemy is alive.

Lots of fun combanations come into play and my personal favorite is to use Bones Mcgee (and old scratch) on my low level witchdoctor to basically snipe off enemies one by one while I then keep using juju to boost there power even higher.