Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

is it me or are the mini games aweful?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 01, 2009

Ok so the reward verses effort on some. I like tapper .... but really to get any reward is way to intense. Centipede is classic but to easy to die and sorry no reward. How about a few lives. Coin drop is just plain sadistic. Any screw up and you might as well exit. The shooting gallery seems to have sped up recently, or maybe I slowed down. You know the wizards 101 games are a heck of a lot more fun. When I played that I would often play the mini games for the fun of it. Here the only reason I have for the mini games is to get blue, but for the time / reward it is better to go afk in avery's court.

Captain
May 13, 2011
me me me on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:

Ok so the reward verses effort on some. I like tapper .... but really to get any reward is way to intense. Centipede is classic but to easy to die and sorry no reward. How about a few lives. Coin drop is just plain sadistic. Any screw up and you might as well exit. The shooting gallery seems to have sped up recently, or maybe I slowed down. You know the wizards 101 games are a heck of a lot more fun. When I played that I would often play the mini games for the fun of it. Here the only reason I have for the mini games is to get blue, but for the time / reward it is better to go afk in avery's court.
i agree. those minigames can go from fun to tedious in a few minutes. just a question though. why do all of them need a mouse? sometimes i was worried i would get carpal tunnel syndrome. i agree that coin drop is a little sadistic. i swear i lose because the game wont give me the right coin

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Well hello Me x3 Welcome to the message boards.
I am not a great fan of the mini games either. Guess I am still in burn out mode from training pets (Don't GET me started there, lol). Although I am quite enjoying playing Dueling Diego and I love the rewards there. I just don't seen to be any good at the other mini games. The only one I can get part third level on is the bar tending one and that one still slips me in to mind numbing pet training mode so maybe it is just me. I have friends that win ship parts and weapons and all kinds of good stuff and I just feel klutzy. Oh well I guess we all can't be good at everything and I am the poster child of that one.
Just wanted to welcome you and to let you know that you are not the only one.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012

Actually, I find the wizard101 games a LOT more boring than the ones on here. The games look boring and have no point to them. Choo choo Zoo and Potion Motion are probably the only good ones. Pirate101 games are much more engaging (except for Pirate's Pub). My favorite games are Coin Drop and Powder Keg, but Rat Attack and Windjammer are second best. Rogue's Range is good too, but is a little more fast-paced. Although I do agree that Rat Attack can use a life system. The Wizard101 games are not that great though, and I don't get any gold or items when I play them.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I love coin drop and regularly do very well at it. Perhaps you just need more practice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Personally the only one that I bother with, that is easy to get all 4 rewards is Rogue's Range. It can be pretty easy to consistently get to round 8 to 10 in which you get decent gold, yum maxed, 1 piece of pirate gear and 1 piece of ship gear (both based on pirate's level). It actually gives halfway decent gear for both pirate and ship..............

Ok, so I decided to check 'really quick' so that I could be a bit more specific and accurate. I just did Rogue's Range 5 times- playing on my Lvl 65 pirate and here's what I got in those 5 tries (# at end of gear is it's sell value at a regular vendor)

Each round gave max yum and took 6 1/2 to 7 minutes

1) Level 9 (15,778)

Rewards
Gold- 839
Lvl 60+ Boots- Promethean Plantari ( only) w/ +10 Agility +65 Health (932)
Sails of Aeolus (Naut. lvl 58+) w/ +15% Max Speed, +10% Acceleration, +19% Boost Speed and Gunner's Luck power- (1,515)

2) Level 9 (16,759)

Rewards
Gold- 825
Lvl 60+ Boots- Soccusi of Atlas ( only) w/ +7 Armor +65 Health (881)
Messenian Sails (Naut. lvl 58+) w/ + 15% Max Speed, + 11% Acceleration, +18% Boost Speed and Benediction power- (1,515)

3) Level 9 (17,124)

Rewards
Gold- 1,508
Lvl 60+ Hat- Capitaline Apex ( only) w/ +7 Damage, +4 Strength, +11 Armor (944)
Figurehead (Eagle)- Oracular Templis (Naut. lvl 57+) w/ +13 Hull Repair Rate and Drake's Breath power (1,366)

4) Level 8 (13,991)

Rewards

Gold- 1,119
Lvl 55+ Hat- Colchean Headgear ( only) w/ +7 Resistance, +4 Strength (768)
Figurehead (Eagle)- Immortal Templis (Naut. lvl 54+) w/ +13 Hull Repair Rate and Cephalopod power (1,226)

5) Level 10 (19,805)

Rewards
Gold- 970
Lvl 60+ Hat- Amazonian Casila ( only) w/ +12 Accuracy, +10 Agility (1,028)
Figurehead (Eagle)- Immortal Templis (Naut. lvl 54+) w/ +13 Hull Repair Rate and Cephalopod power (1,226)

As you can see, the rewards are actually pretty decent. Either 3000-4000 in gear & gold or around 1000 gold & 2 pieces of 'guaranteed gear'. Not too bad overall- especially for 6-7 minutes of work.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I think that the games are a bit childish (no offense KI ) but I really like some of the games on freekigames.com. 'Mr. Bree returning home' is my favorite and I think a good idea is to implement some games into P101. If you put Dueling Diego in the game with the same rewards, that would be a hit.