Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scary Spider...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I was trying to find the rainbow cave in the arroyo grande, and somewhere in all my searching I wandered into a mysterious cave. The graphics here was so beautiful that I was absorbed into the game (I think I was actually in it for a minute), and anyway I strolled around corner past corner. I felt the same height as my pirate. I turned left somewhere and I was shocked! My heart beat a lot for a second! Just one quick turn and this massive spider is there! I do not suffer from an arachnophobia (fear of spider), but this sudden turn and this massive thing is not fully pleasant (my friend however does suffer from this). Maybe players should see the spider beforehand, instead of it popping out at a short turn. I honestly don't mind the spider, but the jump moment creeped me out. If my lovely grandmother watched this it won't turn out well. That moment from the spider was 10 times scarier than that slender (I don't recommend you play it).

Considering that, I think jump moments should be avoided in the game.

P.S: There is a training tome behind the spider- just make sure it does not eat you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I was trying to find the rainbow cave in the arroyo grande, and somewhere in all my searching I wandered into a mysterious cave. The graphics here was so beautiful that I was absorbed into the game (I think I was actually in it for a minute), and anyway I strolled around corner past corner. I felt the same height as my pirate. I turned left somewhere and I was shocked! My heart beat a lot for a second! Just one quick turn and this massive spider is there! I do not suffer from an arachnophobia (fear of spider), but this sudden turn and this massive thing is not fully pleasant (my friend however does suffer from this). Maybe players should see the spider beforehand, instead of it popping out at a short turn. I honestly don't mind the spider, but the jump moment creeped me out. If my lovely grandmother watched this it won't turn out well. That moment from the spider was 10 times scarier than that slender (I don't recommend you play it).

Considering that, I think jump moments should be avoided in the game.

P.S: There is a training tome behind the spider- just make sure it does not eat you.
LOL what a delightful scare moment. Kind of like riding a new rollercoaster for the first time and going down the first hill and knowing the thrill is coming and fulling expecting that feeling of not being surprised if you saw your stomach fly out your ears to catch up later, THEN.................You realize they have fiendishly designed this coaster with a tiny manhole looking tunnel that is just a circle in the ground at the bottom of the drop that the train slams through. No matter how hard you demand your eyes to NOT SHUT they just have to scrunch shut in shock. That feeling is your spider moment. Wanna ride it again

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Jump moments, surprises, and beauty are wonderful things to have in a game.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey