Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shiruku Neko or Yakooza?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I would like one of them, but only one since I am toning down my companion "enlistment". Which one do you think is worth more?

Rule
'

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Yakooza companion? Never heard of it, so Shiruku Neko.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Personally, I would work to get both (and did). The Yakooza is a swashbuckler-specific companion, so having him is something that is unique to your class, something special. He also has a fun epic animation. Shiruku has a splendid story quest, and her moves are unique and interesting.

At level 65, I have so many good companions that the Yakooza doesn't come out as often as he used to, but who knows what the future may bring? Shiruku remains one of my top-ranked companions, and I often choose her for boss fights. She's really good.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
This is the first time I disagreed with you, Anne. They both stink. The cat ninja is supposed to get a Promotion in the next update, so maybe she will be better then but, Gavin I advise you to wait until you max out your swashbuckler before you pick up ANY side companion. That way they will be higher level when you get them, saving tomes and making them higher level than you can train them until the level cap increase that will come with the new content.