Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valkoor is a first mate!!!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Congrats to a poster we all know and love: Valkoor. He is now a first mate, and getting 400 posts isn't easy. Congrats!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
They sat in the Captain's quarters, quietly quaffing mugs of Yum and telling each other tales of how clever they all were. Exploits of the past were repeated yet again amid the hilarious uproar when Bonnie Anne waltzed in with 'that' look on her face. "Cap'n, you're not going to believe this." She handed him a piece of paper that bore signs of long travel.

Sam jumped from his chair, "Oh no, not again! Turn the ship about, we've got to get back out there. I have not begun to see the whites of their eyes! SPOON!!"

"We're docked, Cap'n," Gaspard de Vole informed Sam. "What is it? What's happened? Is it the Armada again?"

"Where's Nurse Quinn?" A general groan came over the crew as they knew another round of one off amusing statements would be required of them.

"Couldn't we just send a telegram?" asked Milo Graytail.
"Candygram?" Monkey King theorized.
"Pajama-gram?" Ratbeard reached for the absurd. "Just a thought."
"Smoke signals," offered Tonka.
"Homing pigeon," Mustang Sally proposed.
"Now who is proposing?" El Toro observed.
"I still don't show up very often," observed Bob the Musketeer.
"I am not sewing your buttons back on, or making another banner," Nurse Quinn stated emphatically.
"Maybe a nice gift certificate for dinner at the Snail & Newt," Catbeard suggested.
"I and I do not eat, Captain, my Captain," Old Scratch propounded.
"I still love my accent," thought Rooster Cogburn to himself.
"Ninja. No looking." Shiruku Neku waggled a finger at the crowd.
"I have things to do in town," Sarah Steele advised.
"It is time for dinner," Stormy Sky warned.
"Indeed, this is enough foolishness, Dragonfly," Kan Po agreed. "Let us do something sensible for once."

The crew was silent, everyone looking at Sam. Chagrined, he sat back down in his chair. Sensing the general mutinous mood of the crew after the last runaround, Sam gave in gracefully and set down his beloved thesaurus. "All together now, then."

"Congrats Valkoor!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indeed I highly second, and third and forth, or wherever I am in the posting list, my total congrats to Valkoor. * Presents with a scrap book decorated in a nautical style with screenshots of all the hilarious adventures Valkoor has immersed himself into when he drifted through these message board skyways.* I strongly suspect that you are blazing through these ranks faster than even I did. I can't verify if for sure and perhaps maybe Madame Vadima can 'See' it in her crystal ball but you sure are making a wonderfully positive impact on our beloved community. Well done First Mate Valkoor. * Hands key to First Mate quarters*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
They sat in the Captain's quarters, quietly quaffing mugs of Yum and telling each other tales of how clever they all were. Exploits of the past were repeated yet again amid the hilarious uproar when Bonnie Anne waltzed in with 'that' look on her face. "Cap'n, you're not going to believe this." She handed him a piece of paper that bore signs of long travel.

Sam jumped from his chair, "Oh no, not again! Turn the ship about, we've got to get back out there. I have not begun to see the whites of their eyes! SPOON!!"

"We're docked, Cap'n," Gaspard de Vole informed Sam. "What is it? What's happened? Is it the Armada again?"

"Where's Nurse Quinn?" A general groan came over the crew as they knew another round of one off amusing statements would be required of them.

"I am not sewing your buttons back on, or making another banner," Nurse Quinn stated emphatically.
"Maybe a nice gift certificate for dinner at the Snail & Newt," Catbeard suggested.
"Indeed, this is enough foolishness, Dragonfly," Kan Po agreed. "Let us do something sensible for once."

The crew was silent, everyone looking at Sam. Chagrined, he sat back down in his chair. Sensing the general mutinous mood of the crew after the last runaround, Sam gave in gracefully and set down his beloved thesaurus. "All together now, then."

"Congrats Valkoor!"
Sam you never fail to make me giggle or just plain feel better about the world. Never stop, Please.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
"O no, not again!" (said the whale... )

No really, Valkoor, congratulations on being recognized for your excellent contributions. I really do enjoy your witty and wise posts. (Still, ducking for cover as more hilarious battles of words refresh anew )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
pirate101 lover on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
Congrats to a poster we all know and love: Valkoor. He is now a first mate, and getting 400 posts isn't easy. Congrats!
Why thank you kindly pirate101 lover, very nice of you to notice and to acknowledge. I definitely appreciate your kind words and all the wonderful input you provide to the boards.

Alas, now I must go, for I see you have been Underhilled and I must answer the call to fingers. Oooh, my brain is beginning to hurt terribly. See, I have a limit on how many times I can be clever and creative in a giving month, and I have nearly reached my quota.

Thank you again.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Congrats on ye new rank me friend keep up the work as always.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Congrats Valkoor! One more step to Captain!

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Congrats! Now to you level up by posts or yars?

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Indeed I highly second, and third and forth, or wherever I am in the posting list, my total congrats to Valkoor. * Presents with a scrap book decorated in a nautical style with screenshots of all the hilarious adventures Valkoor has immersed himself into when he drifted through these message board skyways.* I strongly suspect that you are blazing through these ranks faster than even I did. I can't verify if for sure and perhaps maybe Madame Vadima can 'See' it in her crystal ball but you sure are making a wonderfully positive impact on our beloved community. Well done First Mate Valkoor. * Hands key to First Mate quarters*
Thank you Chrissy- I may be blazing a trail but I am afraid that it may not have any direction to it. Honestly though, it has been amazing getting to interact with so many fine people on the boards- from a great many places, all walks of life, all different ages and all having different backgrounds. It is refreshing and nice to know that here and in the game we all be pirates just the same. It has been a blast for sure and the game is incredible to say the least.

I don't believe anyone could come close to what it appears that you have brought to the boards in terms of blessing other and just overall joy and kindness (and knowledge of the game for that matter). I for one, and I am sure many others will agree, appreciate all you do to encourage others and keep the boards positive in nature.

So thank you for this and for the kind words.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
"O no, not again!" (said the whale... )

No really, Valkoor, congratulations on being recognized for your excellent contributions. I really do enjoy your witty and wise posts. (Still, ducking for cover as more hilarious battles of words refresh anew )
Thank you Anne, I appreciate your kind words very much.

My writings (nor I) are not often referred to as witty and wise, but I'll take it and run with it- so thanks. I'll see what I have left in the tank, as Sam has nearly caused me to use up my monthly quota of humor and cleverness.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Congrats on ye new rank me friend keep up the work as always.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Thank you once again Jack, very nice of you to send such kind congrats, and I do appreciate it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Congrats Valkoor! One more step to Captain!
Why thank you again my friend, I appreciate your generosity. Ever since I was a wee lad, I always wanted to be a Captain of any sorts- and I can almost feel the hat perched upon my head. Hey, a Captain's a Captain, right? Well sort of, I guess. Thanks again Golden Guardian.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Witty Gavin on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Congrats! Now to you level up by posts or yars?
Thanks for the Congrats Witty Gavin. Your rank gets promoted through the amount of posts you write. At certain levels 100, 200, 300 etc.- your rank will rise when you reach those levels. The higher you get the more posts are needed to reach the next level.

Thanks again for the congrats.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:

"Congrats Valkoor!"
"What's with the long face, Subodai- why have you not heard, the Cap'n has been promoted yet again."
"WHy yes Bonnie, I’m aware of this, but I am feeling just a bit under the weather," neighed the Equine Khan.
"Oh Yeah- now that ya mentioned it, ye do sound rather hoarse," Ratbeard added, none to wisely.

Before The trio could continue their less than brilliant bantering, the Captain majestically appeared from
the deptHs of the galleon’s belly. He seemed pleased to say the least. Supplies were in order, rations
were overAbundant, the crew was relaxed and spirited, and he once again had ascended the nautical
ranks. Still, Not all was completely in order for the young Captain. He hadn't yet thanked all those that Kindly acknowledged him.

"There must be Yet another way that I can show my appreciation to the Captain who took the time to extend
gallant favor to mE," whispered Valkoor as his mind churned like the mighty turbine of a Red Sash frigate.

"Cap'n, whatcha thinKing about? Ye got that troubled look like when Ratbeard has to shop for boots."
"Well, Bonnie I was gIving thought to how I could cleverly come up with a way to thank this Captain Sam."
"Oh, I see. Maybe...seNding him some travel magazines to peruse would be a kind gesture."
"Brilliant Bonnie, I woulD surely love to go to Peru me self, I never knew there be two of 'em," bumbled the bewiLdered, bearded rat.
"Whiskers, I truly believe You were dropped on your head as a wee one... many a times," jested El Toro.

"I know Captain, we could sCrounge together a snack basket...I hear he's quite fond of toasted cheese."
"Decent idea, Goro- we just hAve to be precocious though, with all the food allergies out there these days."
"Once again Bearded Wonder, Perhaps your mind has sabotaged yer thoughts, which double crossed yer mouth." Bonnie staTed. "The word yer brain forgot to tell ye mouth, was precautious."
"We could give'm one of the compAnions that ye attached a sleep token too, they'll never notice."
"No, Gracie....that may lead to a mutIny, and I don't think most of our crew can spell it much less know how to carry one out," coNfided Valkoor.

"That reminds me," piped the large rat. "Scratch, I got a bone to pick with ye." "Which one?"
"Oh... .you're humorous." "I and I do not hAve a funny bone- so sorry 'bout your luck wit dis." fizzled Scratch.
"We need to get back to the matter at hand Men...I know, I know so sorry Bonnie, I meant women too."

As the crew continued brainstorming, Valkoor subjected himself to every possible suggestion known to a pirate. Message in a bottle, spell it in the sand on the beaches of the Blood Shoals or maybe even raise a sail to display his appreciation. But, there was no time for any of these. He had to think of something, and quickly. As his eyes came across the box of multicolored alphabet fireworks that El Toro bought from the bizarre, he knew he had an idea that Sam would surely notice. For once, even the magnificent matador bull was silent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
"What's with the long face, Subodai- why have you not heard, the Cap'n has been promoted yet again."
"WHy yes Bonnie, I’m aware of this, but I am feeling just a bit under the weather," neighed the Equine Khan.
"Oh Yeah- now that ya mentioned it, ye do sound rather hoarse," Ratbeard added, none to wisely.

Before The trio could continue their less than brilliant bantering, the Captain majestically appeared from
the deptHs of the galleon’s belly. He seemed pleased to say the least. Supplies were in order, rations
were overAbundant, the crew was relaxed and spirited, and he once again had ascended the nautical
ranks. Still, Not all was completely in order for the young Captain. He hadn't yet thanked all those that Kindly acknowledged him.

"There must be Yet another way that I can show my appreciation to the Captain who took the time to extend
gallant favor to mE," whispered Valkoor as his mind churned like the mighty turbine of a Red Sash frigate.

"Cap'n, whatcha thinKing about? Ye got that troubled look like when Ratbeard has to shop for boots."
"Well, Bonnie I was gIving thought to how I could cleverly come up with a way to thank this Captain Sam."
"Oh, I see. Maybe...seNding him some travel magazines to peruse would be a kind gesture."
"Brilliant Bonnie, I woulD surely love to go to Peru me self, I never knew there be two of 'em," bumbled the bewiLdered, bearded rat.
"Whiskers, I truly believe You were dropped on your head as a wee one... many a times," jested El Toro.

"I know Captain, we could sCrounge together a snack basket...I hear he's quite fond of toasted cheese."
"Decent idea, Goro- we just hAve to be precocious though, with all the food allergies out there these days."
"Once again Bearded Wonder, Perhaps your mind has sabotaged yer thoughts, which double crossed yer mouth." Bonnie staTed. "The word yer brain forgot to tell ye mouth, was precautious."
"We could give'm one of the compAnions that ye attached a sleep token too, they'll never notice."
"No, Gracie....that may lead to a mutIny, and I don't think most of our crew can spell it much less know how to carry one out," coNfided Valkoor.

"That reminds me," piped the large rat. "Scratch, I got a bone to pick with ye." "Which one?"
"Oh... .you're humorous." "I and I do not hAve a funny bone- so sorry 'bout your luck wit dis." fizzled Scratch.
"We need to get back to the matter at hand Men...I know, I know so sorry Bonnie, I meant women too."

As the crew continued brainstorming, Valkoor subjected himself to every possible suggestion known to a pirate. Message in a bottle, spell it in the sand on the beaches of the Blood Shoals or maybe even raise a sail to display his appreciation. But, there was no time for any of these. He had to think of something, and quickly. As his eyes came across the box of multicolored alphabet fireworks that El Toro bought from the bizarre, he knew he had an idea that Sam would surely notice. For once, even the magnificent matador bull was silent.
LOL you have done it again, and quite cleverly too. Not only is the banter Writing just as hystErical, your message is subtLe yet boLd. You have Victoriously climbeD the crest Of your latest underhilling and can plaNt the flag of blessing with much pridE.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013

A few choice words for Valkoor, (letters courtesy of Sam's Alphabet Warehouse*)

Y is for Yum
O is for Odd, I mean Obscure
U is for Underhill
R is for Reading
E is Etiquette

W is for Wit
E is for Essential
L is for Leader
C is for Courtesy
O is for Opportune
M is for Marvelous
E is for Exquisite

* ask about group rates and special discounts for Heroes!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012

Is the answer: Why thank you captain Sam? I decoded it by reading the colored words in order. The new paragraph was the space. Am I right?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
LOL you have done it again, and quite cleverly too. Not only is the banter Writing just as hystErical, your message is subtLe yet boLd. You have Victoriously climbeD the crest Of your latest underhilling and can plaNt the flag of blessing with much pridE.
Thank you Chrissy! Believe me it took some time to get everything to line up. Right before I submitted it all the letters lined up close enough to form a near perfect straight, diagonal line. But you know how that goes, click submit and as Old Scratch would say, "I and I be at da mercy of da moderators." I had to edit a few times to get them to line back up, but the moderators did an amazing job lining them up the best that they could- so a big thanks to them

I wish there was a way you could see what your post will look like after you hit submit before you actually hit submit. Originally every 'paragraph' was the same number of lines as the number of letters in the respective word. I know, I know- I have a bit of a problem with details. It also was supposed to read "THANK YE KINDLY CAPTAIN SAM UNDERHILL!", but I ran out of characters- blast, I once again have a lack of character. That is why it kind of ended abruptly, I wanted to describe the brilliant fireworks display from the deck of the ship. Oh, well- Thank ye again Captain Chrissy.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
pirate101 lover on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Is the answer: Why thank you captain Sam? I decoded it by reading the colored words in order. The new paragraph was the space. Am I right?
So very close- just the you is YE instead. Nice job and good pickup, although it wasn't really intended to be a decoded or hidden message. It was supposed to symbolize the fireworks from the story going off, blazing a message across the sky. So that way I wouldn't have to spell the message out in the post- I could just...um...literally spell it out in the post. Wait a minute...so is myself telling me that I didn't have to go through all that trouble after all. Blasted Barnacles!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:

Y is for Yum
U is for Underhill
R is for Reading
E is Etiquette

W is for Wit
E is for Essential
L is for Leader
C is for Courtesy
O is for Opportune
M is for Marvelous
E is for Exquisite

Ole`! Nicely done Sam- 2 times the welcoming, although I much rather prefer Odd for O. And blasted, I knew El Toro should have shopped around, then maybe Valkoor could have added UNDERHILL at the end like was intended. El Toro was going to go to Fin Dorsal for the fireworks but who knows what kind of quality would come with those Cutthroat rates. Ole`!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Very clever, Valkoor! Reminds me of some of those sophisticated spy letter techniques used in the American Revolutionary War. And I liked the jokes too - both silly and sly!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:

Y is for Yum
U is for Underhill
R is for Reading
E is Etiquette

W is for Wit
E is for Essential
L is for Leader
C is for Courtesy
O is for Opportune
M is for Marvelous
E is for Exquisite

Love it Sam. I only had one edit idea. Perhaps that U should stand for 'Underhilled" lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Ole`! Nicely done Sam- 2 times the welcoming, although I much rather prefer Odd for O. And blasted, I knew El Toro should have shopped around, then maybe Valkoor could have added UNDERHILL at the end like was intended. El Toro was going to go to Fin Dorsal for the fireworks but who knows what kind of quality would come with those Cutthroat rates. Ole`!
LOL "Cutthroat rates" lol. You are priceless.