Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lucky Jack Russells problem

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
In the Presidio, I got Lucky Jack Russell and I was like "sweet'. As i was leveling up, I started to realize "He isnt good". He deals a hundred damage even when he was promoted twice and he is now level sixty and every time he is in battle, it is bad luck. Is it a bug or is it supposed to be meant like that?

Justin Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Musketeer Knight of the Order of Fetch

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Personally, I have no idea. LJR is....well......a bit pitiful. However, he is a cool companion, and lots of my friends have always wanted a dog companion, but never got one. Just having him is really fun!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I've had Lucky Jack Russell for quite some time on my Witchdoctor and I have to say that I love him. He hits fairly well for a companion of his level and he's the perfect tank for Alura.

I also think that the way you use him in battle counts for a lot too. Are you maximizing the epics he gets to use? Have you given him useful talents? In addition, do the monsters you face have high armor while Lucky Jack Russell has lower damage?

All of these play a part in his damage. Overall, I still find him useful. I guess how useful he is is up to you though.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
hes not so great offensively due to him being a privateer most privateers tend to focus on strength and for them to be good they need strength boosts

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
privies are NEVER damage dealers, so dont expect "el toro" damage from them

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
jack russle is a pretty good damage dealer in my eyes and great health but is like my 6th favorite companion you just got to new talents on damage