Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

1000 Ways to Die

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Something I love about pirate101 is that every type of character is individualized. They look differently, they sound differently, and most awesomely, they die differently. What is your favorite "death" sequence in the game?
Mine would have to be the storm khoi and lava fish. When they are defeated, they float on their sides and then are flushed away!

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
TackUpwind on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Something I love about pirate101 is that every type of character is individualized. They look differently, they sound differently, and most awesomely, they die differently. What is your favorite "death" sequence in the game?
Mine would have to be the storm khoi and lava fish. When they are defeated, they float on their sides and then are flushed away!

My favorite death scene? Hmm... is it sad to say that I find my own pirate's death amusing? I keep on wondering how a supposedly unconscious person could just stand there like a bobblehead. It makes me laugh.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Mine would have to the watermole slingman,so when he dies it looks like someone gave him a uppercut and does a flip in the air falls on the ground.

Ruthless Cole Nightgale lv 65

Captain
May 13, 2011
ratbeard looks like someone electrocuted him when he dies. could that be a reference to that blackbeard died from a gunshot?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TackUpwind on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:

Nice thread idea but another tough one for me. There are so many great ones. From the arm outreached as they gasp their last of the samurais to the flip of the troggies to the graceful ballet type swoon of the battle angles, they all just delight me. I know there are more that make me giggle every time and others that are so cool yet they elude me in my quest to catch one in a screen shot as they fade so quickly or the camera goes on to other action way to quickly. So much death and so little time to appreciate it. My I am really sounding macabre, lol but I am just appreciating, like you, the delightful comedy in the demise of our enemies.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
The monquistador explorers are pretty cool or bone drakes

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I like how the armada guys just stop working slump and fall flat on their faces.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Also how the buffaloons deflate....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I would have to say Nurse Quinn or Ratbeard. Nurse Quinn does this thing where she spins all the way around then falls to her side in like 2 seconds.

Captain
May 13, 2011
when i think about it, i like the ophidian archer and crazy monquistadors "im not dead... yet" acting when they die

Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
I love when Bonnie Anne dies. It shows that she is a true fighter :)

( I have boy and girl pirates xD )
Alura Laverne lvl 65

Toby Nightingale

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Also how the buffaloons deflate....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Ha lol there funny

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
ratbeard looks like someone electrocuted him when he dies. could that be a reference to that blackbeard died from a gunshot?
5 gunshots, actually.

Well, he took 5 gunshots, and twenty blows from a cutlass, but he died from being beheaded.

Ah, Blackbeard, you never fail to interest me.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I like it when my cat ninja dies. She throws a smoke bomb down and vanishes like the wind ...

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
S. M. Arson's death scene is noble. Just as he is about to fall over, he salutes. It is almost like he is saying: "You have bested me......and I honor that."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dom The Pirate on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
I love when Bonnie Anne dies. It shows that she is a true fighter :)

( I have boy and girl pirates xD )
Alura Laverne lvl 65

Toby Nightingale
I agree with you there Alura/Toby Bonnie Anne's character comes through in all she does. Welcome to the message boards family. Glad to have you amongst us.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Kronosroses on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I like it when my cat ninja dies. She throws a smoke bomb down and vanishes like the wind ...

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor
so she doesnt really die. she just escapes

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I two favorites.
Numero Uno is the flying monquistadors in the cave. They are almost pulled by a giant hand and the ground but then escape into monquistador heaven.
Numero Dos is Monkey King's death scene thing. I like how he bows. Very Respectful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I two favorites.
Numero Uno is the flying monquistadors in the cave. They are almost pulled by a giant hand and the ground but then escape into monquistador heaven.
Numero Dos is Monkey King's death scene thing. I like how he bows. Very Respectful.
Oh I forgot about the heaven one. Oh yes that too must be on my list of many favorites. I love Monkey King's bow too but I think I detect a bit of a pout as he walks away, but he does do the respect right.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
so she doesnt really die. she just escapes
Oh good point. Well actually none die, they just get knocked out but the gravity is the same.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I two favorites.
Why you speaking Spanish I also like the devil monquistador lol and the skeletons they like explode like an rpg hit them

Captain
May 13, 2011
I two favorites.
bows, then walks away in shame

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Hmm very hard to choose x eats chocolate cake x oh you guys can have some. Hmm I think the monquistadors death animations are cool. When they cough and fall on the floor I sometimes think they cough out blood ( I know disgusting ). But if undead monquistadors die from Milo's rank one critical strike ( when he twirls, slashes down, and finishes with a punt ) it really makes me laugh!!!. I have more death animations I like but I can't think of anymore. I'll tell you guys again if I think of some more.

If my crew was a football team, Milo would be my punter/field goal kicker!!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
How about the chicken thugs the guys part of the red sash gang it looks like he got winded

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
My favorite death scene is the battle angel because it looks like they're going to sleep. It's so amusing to me. Do any of you find this weird that whenever a battle angel dies i say, "Night night battle angel!" But yeah, i'm clearly not the most sane person on this message boards.

-Ciao for now!
Silver Fiona