Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Congrats Valkoor The Victorious in Newsletter

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hearty congratulations are due to Valkoor the Victorious for being mentioned in this month's newsletter for his Pirates Helping Pirates thread. That thread is helping so many pirates and it is getting a lot of posters to give some really fantastic tips. I really hope it gets sticky'd so that all the newcomers can see it and use those wonderful tips to help them out and learn from us old hands that learned the hard way.
Well done Valkoor and well deserved. *Lifts a tankard of yum in honor of the now honored Valkoor.* *Orders a tray of luscious yummies from the bakeries of The Highlander Fox.*

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Hearty congratulations are due to Valkoor the Victorious for being mentioned in this month's newsletter for his Pirates Helping Pirates thread. That thread is helping so many pirates and it is getting a lot of posters to give some really fantastic tips. I really hope it gets sticky'd so that all the newcomers can see it and use those wonderful tips to help them out and learn from us old hands that learned the hard way.
Well done Valkoor and well deserved. *Lifts a tankard of yum in honor of the now honored Valkoor.* *Orders a tray of luscious yummies from the bakeries of The Highlander Fox.*
Thank you kindly, Chrissy, your congrats to me are very much appreciated.

The mention in the newsletter was quite the pleasant surprise and one that I am proud of. Proud because the PHP thread shows what kind of community resides on these message boards. When I first joined the site and made my introduction to the boards, so many of you responded with such positive, friendly and truly welcoming words. In my experiences, you don't usually get that kind of response on too many other boards. It was, to say the least, a breath of fresh air- to have a place all pirates could share in their passion and love for Pirate101.

Due to the overwhelmingly friendly welcoming, I immediately wanted to think of a way to say "Thank You" and to pay forward the kindness everyone here has displayed. That is were the idea of the thread came from- so in truth the kind posters here on the boards are the ones who deserve the recognition. Not to mention all the wise advice, great tips and strategies that so many have contributed to the thread. I absolutely appreciate everyone who has provided such great input. Without them the thread would have fizzled out a long time ago. (uugghh, that dreaded fizzle word).

So much of the thanks should go to KI for providing all of us with a place to allow us to explore our creative selves, make suggestions, chat with friends, get much needed in game help and just show our gratitude for such an amazing game. They very easily good have just stopped with making a brilliant game that was family friendly and fun for all ages. However, they went one step further and gave us a home away from the spiral that rivals the game in it's family friendliness, fun factor and it's appeal to all walks of life. They should truly be commended on their efforts and dedication to their loyal pirate fans.

I hope the thread continues to grow and to help as many of our fellow friendly pirates as possible. We all can use a helping hand from time to time- in the game and in life as well.

Again, thank you Chrissy. From the start you have been so kind and for this I say thank you so very much!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, yes, Valkoor, congratulations! That was an excellent idea, and I'm glad I now have a place to say so. I didn't contribute anything to the thread because I couldn't think of any ideas that hadn't already been well expressed! It is very good seeing people help each other with tips. There were a couple of fights for me - the old Stormzilla fight and the Scylla spawns -- where reading tips from people made all the difference!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Oh, yes, Valkoor, congratulations! That was an excellent idea, and I'm glad I now have a place to say so. I didn't contribute anything to the thread because I couldn't think of any ideas that hadn't already been well expressed! It is very good seeing people help each other with tips. There were a couple of fights for me - the old Stormzilla fight and the Scylla spawns -- where reading tips from people made all the difference!
Thank you, Anne, for the congrats. I certainly appreciate your kind words.

Like you stated, the posters on the thread have done a fantastic job of covering so many tips and topics and done so with great efficiency. I hear you about sometimes needing that nudge or boost that a great tip provides, and it is wonderful that so many on the boards are willing to share them with their pirate pals.

I believe that along with acquiring great success you have the duty or responsibility to share the forces behind that success- in order to try to help others around you. Just like with the many talented writers on the role plays. They are successful in creatively expressing their brilliant writing talents and are providing (whether they know it or not) others with valuable creative knowledge and wonderful entertainment. Translation- you guys/gals doing the role plays are pretty darn awesome and many of us enjoy and benefit from it.

Thank you again for the encouraging words.