Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cant play :(

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Everytime I try to enter the game it goes all the way then has trouble at the end. (In the initial download at the start up screen) This started occurring after I bought a 20$ walmart pirate101 gift card.

Also afterwords it says "Error 123" if that helps gets this fixed :(

Administrator
Hi! Unofficially I have heard that sometimes this error comes from having another instance of the game running on another account on your computer; however, the problem may also be caused by a couple of other things (See below).

~~

If you receive this error solution number, or are unable to patch the game then the below two solutions may resolve your problem.

Resetting your Proxy Settings:

• Open your browser window
  • Choose "Tools" from your browser's menu section.
  • Click "Internet Options" and open the "Connections" tab
  • Choose "LAN Settings" to open a new window.
  • "Automatically Detect Settings" should be checked. UNLESS you are running an advanced network, then look below.
  • If this is checked we recommend that you uncheck it, click OK, then come back to the menu and recheck it.
  • Restart your PC after this and try to load Pirate101.

If you're using an advanced network:

Verify the "Use a Proxy Server for your LAN" box is checked and that the address and port match the settings you obtained from your network setup or helpdesk. If you have a script instead of an address and port, be sure the script address is entered under "Automatic Configuration." Also, be sure the check box for "Use Automatic Configuration Script" is checked. Click "OK" to finish.

Resetting your Firewall Exception Lists:

If the above doesn't work, then potentially your Firewall exception list could be the trouble. We recommend that you reset it back to defaults. Each Firewall manufacture achieves this a little different so you may need to check with your software's support site to find the correct instructions.

If these solutions still do not work we will need you to send a support ticket to us (via the "Help" icon above or in an email to support@pirate101.com) with a copy of your patch client logs.

To get this file just go to the directory where you installed the game, there should be a Patch Client folder. Inside should be BankA and BankB. Each of these folders should contain the file PirateLauncher.log.txt Just use the Attach File function of whatever email client you use to attach both of those to your ticket to us.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Unofficially I have heard that sometimes this error comes from having another instance of the game running on another account on your computer; however, the problem may also be caused by a couple of other things (See below).

~~

If you receive this error solution number, or are unable to patch the game then the below two solutions may resolve your problem.

Resetting your Proxy Settings:

• Open your browser window
  • Choose "Tools" from your browser's menu section.
  • Click "Internet Options" and open the "Connections" tab
  • Choose "LAN Settings" to open a new window.
  • "Automatically Detect Settings" should be checked. UNLESS you are running an advanced network, then look below.
  • If this is checked we recommend that you uncheck it, click OK, then come back to the menu and recheck it.
  • Restart your PC after this and try to load Pirate101.

If you're using an advanced network:

Verify the "Use a Proxy Server for your LAN" box is checked and that the address and port match the settings you obtained from your network setup or helpdesk. If you have a script instead of an address and port, be sure the script address is entered under "Automatic Configuration." Also, be sure the check box for "Use Automatic Configuration Script" is checked. Click "OK" to finish.

Resetting your Firewall Exception Lists:

If the above doesn't work, then potentially your Firewall exception list could be the trouble. We recommend that you reset it back to defaults. Each Firewall manufacture achieves this a little different so you may need to check with your software's support site to find the correct instructions.

If these solutions still do not work we will need you to send a support ticket to us (via the "Help" icon above or in an email to support@pirate101.com) with a copy of your patch client logs.

To get this file just go to the directory where you installed the game, there should be a Patch Client folder. Inside should be BankA and BankB. Each of these folders should contain the file PirateLauncher.log.txt Just use the Attach File function of whatever email client you use to attach both of those to your ticket to us.
Huh that's strange because it occurs even if I am not doing anything else. Although perhaps my latest internet problems may be causing this. I might have to reset my computer to fix the problems anyway so hopefully that will fix it. If I get the game to work again I will make sure to respond on this thread.

Also I will try to follow the instructions provided but I don't think it might work. Seeing as I am not good at working this computer anyway.

Thanks One Eye Jack

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ok I got it to work after I reset my computer. Thanks though